Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 09:55 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
I am the light of the world no one who follows me shall ever walk in darkness because he will possess the light of life.

Anyone who hears my word and believes in the Lord who sent me possesses eternal life. He does not come under condemnation but has passed from death to life.

The reason people do not believe is because they are not among my sheep and do not do the works I do.

The works I do in my Father's name bear witness for me. If you do not want to believe in me then believe in the works so you will see that the Lord is in me and I in Him.
I hope you don't cross the street all by yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2015, 10:07 AM

7,322 posts, read 6,919,546 times
I would bet he is better care with Gods approval than your's.

Old 10-10-2015, 10:14 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I hope you don't cross the street all by yourself.
A few years ago I was stopped at a red light and some whack-a-doodle in the crosswalk started pounding on the hood of my car yelling Bible verses. I called the cops, mainly because I was worried he'd get hit by a car, and the operator said, "You're the third caller. Thanks. We're sending a car to intercept Jesus."

Old 10-10-2015, 11:48 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,784,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
A few years ago I was stopped at a red light and some whack-a-doodle in the crosswalk started pounding on the hood of my car yelling Bible verses. I called the cops, mainly because I was worried he'd get hit by a car, and the operator said, "You're the third caller. Thanks. We're sending a car to intercept Jesus."
"The son of man will come at a time you least expect."

"Stay awake or you will not know when your lord has come."

Old 10-10-2015, 12:19 PM

1,592 posts, read 1,211,372 times
DewDrop writes that some whack-a-doodle started pounding on her car hood, Peacegiver tells her to stay awake - love it!

Old 10-10-2015, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Because his thing is to use Bible quotes to mimic Jesus. Personally, I think people should mimic Jesus by feeding the hungry and helping the sick.
Notice that Jesus said the spirit of truth would not speak on his own but would speak what he hears and would take from the word of God and declare it. Funny that is what I do. Maybe Christianity believes in the wrong Holy Spirit.

"When he comes, the spirit of truth, he will guide you to all truth. He will not speak on his own but will speak what he hears and declare to you the things that are to come. He will glorify me because He will take from what is mine and declare it to you."

Jesus testified to me. I am that spirit.

"I do nothing on my own, I only say what the Lord has taught me for the One who sent me is with me because I always do what pleases Him."

Old 10-10-2015, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Notice that Jesus said the spirit of truth would not speak on his own but would speak what he hears and would take from the word of God and declare it. Funny that is what I do. Maybe Christianity believes in the wrong Holy Spirit.

"When he comes, the spirit of truth, he will guide you to all truth. He will not speak on his own but will speak what he hears and declare to you the things that are to come. He will glorify me because He will take from what is mine and declare it to you."

Jesus testified to me. I am that spirit.

"I do nothing on my own, I only say what the Lord has taught me for the One who sent me is with me because I always do what pleases Him."
If you possessed a modicum of insight and self-examination, you would be ashamed of yourself.

I guess it's fortunate for you, that neither is part of your makeup.

Old 10-10-2015, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
If you possessed a modicum of insight and self-examination, you would be ashamed of yourself.

I guess it's fortunate for you, that neither is part of your makeup.
I know the Lord and I keep His word.

Old 10-10-2015, 02:07 PM

Quote:
I know the Lord and I keep His word.
Uh-huh.

Sure.

Old 10-11-2015, 11:07 AM

"Who has stood in the counsel of the Lord to see Him and to hear His word? Who has heeded His word so as to announce it?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity