Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 08:11 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,454 times

Advertisements

There are a few posters here who do not think it is necessary but Jesus said those who bear fruit hold it fast in an honest and good heart. What I am speaking of is the word. The word of God is what makes an honest and good heart. Those who cast it aside are non believers who will not be saved.

Can I get an Amen?

Luke 8:

When a great crowd gathered and people from town after town came to him, he said in a parable:
5 "A sower went out to sow his seed; and as he sowed, some fell on the path and was trampled on, and the birds of the air ate it up.
6 Some fell on the rock; and as it grew up, it withered for lack of moisture.
7 Some fell among thorns, and the thorns grew with it and choked it.
8 Some fell into good soil, and when it grew, it produced a hundredfold." As he said this, he called out, "Let anyone with ears to hear listen!"
9 Then his disciples asked him what this parable meant.
10 He said, "To you it has been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of God; but to others I speak in parables, so that "looking they may not perceive, and listening they may not understand.'
11 "Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
12 The ones on the path are those who have heard; then the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts, so that they may not believe and be saved.
13 The ones on the rock are those who, when they hear the word, receive it with joy. But these have no root; they believe only for a while and in a time of testing fall away.
14 As for what fell among the thorns, these are the ones who hear; but as they go on their way, they are choked by the cares and riches and pleasures of life, and their fruit does not mature.
15 But as for that in the good soil, these are the ones who, when they hear the word, hold it fast in an honest and good heart, and bear fruit with patient endurance.
16 "No one after lighting a lamp hides it under a jar, or puts it under a bed, but puts it on a lampstand, so that those who enter may see the light.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2015, 08:19 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
No amen here.

It's just more bible babble.

Old 10-09-2015, 08:49 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
There are a few posters here who do not think it is necessary but Jesus said those who bear fruit hold it fast in an honest and good heart. What I am speaking of is the word. The word of God is what makes an honest and good heart. Those who cast it aside are non believers who will not be saved.

Can I get an Amen?
NOPE, you will need more than just "lip service."

Old 10-09-2015, 08:56 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
The word of God is what makes an honest and good heart.

Can I get an Amen?
Nope.

You've decided non-Christians can't have a good and honest heart and that's just ridiculous.

Old 10-09-2015, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Nope.

You've decided non-Christians can't have a good and honest heart and that's just ridiculous.
It is about believers not Christians. I did not decide it. Jesus did.

"I can see you have never seen His form nor heard His voice and neither do you have His word abiding in you."

Old 10-09-2015, 09:31 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:

"I can see you have never seen His form nor heard His voice and neither do you have His word abiding in you."
You're an embarrassment to Jesus.

Old 10-09-2015, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
NOPE, you will need more than just "lip service."
You might as well be telling Jesus that.

"How can you be saved when you seek the praise of men but do not seek the glory of the only God."

"Whoever speaks on his own seeks his own glory but he who seeks the glory of the One who sent him is truthful and there is no unrighteousness in him."
^
( As in the word of God)

Last edited by Peacegiver; 10-09-2015 at 10:10 PM..

Old 10-09-2015, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Hardly.

Old 10-09-2015, 11:27 PM

63,808 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Nope.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
The idea that Jesus was all about talk is so absolutely ridiculous that it deserves no further attention. Time to place Peacegiver on ignore . He is a different type of mindless robot fundie, but a mindless robot nonetheless.

Old 10-09-2015, 11:36 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:

Who do you think you are?
You have no right to tell anyone what they have or do not have in their heart.
You are NOT God, you are NOT Jesus and you have no idea what anyone has that only God knows.

You should be ashamed of the words you have written.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity