Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 02:30 PM

1,592 posts, read 1,211,964 times

Advertisements

If the title was changed to...

607 Reasons [The Bible] is False

Would that make anything different?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2015, 02:35 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,157,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erjunkee View Post
Christ exists whether or not you believe. He doesn't need you to validate, justify, or even refute him.

He is.
Ok, so where is Christ right now? Wine tasting in Napa valley? Sitting in a McDonald's drive thru in Tulsa, OK?

Old 10-12-2015, 02:53 PM

4,686 posts, read 6,138,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Ok, so where is Christ right now? Wine tasting in Napa valley? Sitting in a McDonald's drive thru in Tulsa, OK?

Christ is at the right hand of the father as we speak and he is patiently giving you time to repent of your hardened heart you seem to have agaisnt him. Like it or not, you WILL bow before him in the future and give an account for everything you have done.

Philippians 2:9-11
Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Revelation 1:7
Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen.

Old 10-12-2015, 02:58 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
I believe that cherry picking a religious text is dishonest.

Both the liberal and conservative Christians do it frequently.
The only way that can be dishonest is if someone says they aren't cherry picking when they are. The only ones I know to do such a thing are fundamentalists, but then they don't think they are cherry picking. Which means they are unable to see what they do for what it is, rather than dishonest.

Quote:
But that doesn't mean I'm saying the activity isn't Christian. Quite they contrary. As far as I can tell, engaging in dishonest practices to support irrational beliefs is very Christian. That's one of the reasons why I left the religion.
To make such a claim about people, you really need to explain how a person saying they believe some things within a compilation of books but not others is dishonest. They aren't lying. So how is that dishonest?

Old 10-12-2015, 02:59 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,917,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
It all stems from a lack of understanding. There are no contradictions in a properly translated bible. The problem is just the one who reads it, misunderstands what they read.
Please tell me what the name of this "properly translated Bible" is and where I can get it. I would like to read through this Bible and compare the list of 194 inaccuracies I posted elsewhere and see if they harmonize. If even the New Testament (forget about the Old Testament) is completely harmonized, I will renounce all former criticisms I have made. But only if the New Testament completely harmonizes.

But if I get no response from you giving me the name of this "properly translated Bible" I will know you are only talking through your hat and the claim is bogus. The ball is in your court, Eusebius if you are a true Christian and want to lead me back to the faith.

Old 10-12-2015, 03:02 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,917,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erjunkee View Post
Posts like these always make my scratch my head and laugh because people with your mentality always feel it's necessary to adamantly announce why you reject Christ, and denounce Him in the process. Why is that?

If you are confident in whatever your belief system is (agnostic, atheism, judaism, hedonism, etc), then you don't need to go about refuting Christianity or any other religion.

Those of us who believe and love Christ do so with little/no regard to posts of your sort, as they have existed since Christ walked on Earth.

At least for me, my faith is unshakable and your post is something I've encountered a million times over in the past 20 years. No big deal.

Christ exists whether or not you believe. He doesn't need you to validate, justify, or even refute him.

He is.
Typical Christian apologetic.....hundreds of words that say nothing except to berate.

Old 10-12-2015, 03:03 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,157,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Christ is at the right hand of the father as we speak and he is patiently giving you time to repent of your hardened heart you seem to have agaisnt him. Like it or not, you WILL bow before him in the future and give an account for everything you have done.
Where is the "right hand of the father?" Is that in Washington DC somewhere? Details please.

Quote:
Philippians 2:9-11
Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
That was supposed to happen at the end of last month. It didn't. There have been several failed predictions in my lifetime. Why should I take you people seriously anymore?

Quote:
Revelation 1:7
Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen.
Coming with the clouds, eh? Well, someone should call the FAA and and the Air Force and tell them to watch their radar screens. It'd be a damned shame if Christ were sucked into the jet engine of a Boeing 777 en route to Detroit.

Old 10-12-2015, 03:55 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,590,580 times
it is human nature to doubt the reality event not witnessed in which seemed impossible remember even the apostles and disciples which witness the miracles of Jesus had doubts about whether or not he would rise from the dead we must not rely on are we sitting because we did not create this world and we did not create our selves

Old 10-12-2015, 04:01 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
I vote for working in a health care clinic in the inner city. He shoots hoops with the kids when he's on his break.

Old 10-12-2015, 06:26 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,712,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
it is human nature to doubt the reality event not witnessed in which seemed impossible remember even the apostles and disciples which witness the miracles of Jesus had doubts about whether or not he would rise from the dead we must not rely on are we sitting because we did not create this world and we did not create our selves
It is also human nature to accept unquestioningly a string of tall and rather absurd stories secondhand while dismissing all other kinds of claims by others with little more (or less) validity, and also human nature to ignore of dismiss any serious objection to the stories they want to believe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
It all stems from a lack of understanding. There are no contradictions in a properly translated bible. The problem is just the one who reads it, misunderstands what they read.
I have a better recollection of our debates on the matter than you do. You were left with nothing but Faith -based denial on everything from Genesis to the resurrection -story by way of the nativity, Nazareth's existence and the crucifixion. Translation -shopping (1) did not even enter into the discussions we had.

(1) apart from 'pitch' in the Flood story and the 'circle' of the earth in relation to Genesis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity