Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 08:03 AM

689 posts, read 494,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Stay away from negative people who say God is not real, these are fools and our people who want to bring doubt. Stay filled with the Holy Spirit, keep Him in your life everyday. The problems you have now will be worked through as the Bible is a road map or guideline to clean living.

It is important to attend a gathering of people to discuss the bible as there are many confusing things to understand. You don't necessarily have to join a church but 3 or 4 people is necessary, to go it alone would be like being on the outside looking in, also you need to share the gospel with others.
Questioning and doubt is GOOD, blind faith is not, it can lead to terrible abuse!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2015, 08:40 AM

16,660 posts, read 15,651,806 times
Please keep the thread on topic. As a reminder, the forum posting guidelines in the Sticky thread at the top of the R&S forum clearly state to calling a member a troll is tantamount to a "personal attack," and may be infracted as such.

Old 10-16-2015, 09:00 AM

7,322 posts, read 6,918,341 times
I feel very sad for people that have had a bad experience with misled religious folk, however .
It is my experience that many people are looking for excuses rather than actually seeking God in earnest .
Even folk that have spent a lifetime in their faith, are afraid to ask God to guide them, being afraid of what God might ask them to do.
Those are not seeking in love for God, nor is it trust in God, but using the theory/theology as a fire extinguisher, not a relationship God intended.
These often fall away not being satisfied with their selfish expectations.
On the other hand I know folk that came from very distant religious environments and desperately sought after God aggressively, and know exactly what I am talking about.,
Jesus Lordship is extremely important to them.
God will, if one is honest in their pursuit of Him ,teach one how to better them self, and deal with abnormalities we all share of one sort or another.
I for instance, I do not have the memory I believe I should, and do not assimilate knowledge as other people seem to be able to do.
I've tried a lot of things, but I find that for the most part, if I stop and wait on God, I get direction beyond what any one could know, for an event about to occur.
God helps me know the difference between His word, and those man interjected their own.
This is something God must teach ,not men.
This is why the gospel is a mystery to most folk, and see things twisted, with out the tutelage of the Holy Spirit.

Old 10-16-2015, 09:20 AM

689 posts, read 494,356 times
Having read the Bible many times I fail to see what is so wonderful about the Biblical deity, even if it exists.

Old 10-16-2015, 10:08 AM

28,090 posts, read 29,930,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Is accepting Jesus as your saviour, admitting to being a flawed being and asking him for help and accepting that he died for my sins being a Christian?

I'm transgender and intersex (having both male and female sexual characteristics) and in the process of transitioning my gender. I love heavy metal and punk rock and despise certain aspects of organized religion but do I need a church in my life to be a Christian or is it enough to accept him as my saviour and acknowledge that his blood washed my sins away and enable me to enter the Kingdom of Heaven upon my death?

Lately I feel like I'm on the edge of Revelation but I'm not sure what to do. Does God know and acknowledge that I am flawed and still love me enough, faults and all?

I would truly like some peoples thoughts on this matter. Thank you all.
Seriously? This is a matter that is between you and God, not between you and a bunch of strangers on an internet discussion forum. It shouldn't matter one bit to you what any of us have to say on this subject.

Old 10-16-2015, 10:59 AM

22 posts, read 14,404 times
My definition is what John defined. The only NT book claiming to be written as an evangelistic work, John 20:31 is it with me. Everything else is where we go from 1st base so to speak. At our evaluations at the eschaton, Jesus the righteous judge will then hand out rewards or reprimands for our spiritual status and eternity is set utilizing how we acted here.

I think the old "drugs, sex and rock and roll" issues will be less important and the issues relating to how much you loved God and man is the key. Did you sacrifice to help others? Did you forgive a wrong done to you and love that person? This is what Jesus majored on.

Old 10-16-2015, 11:06 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,179,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Is accepting Jesus as your saviour, admitting to being a flawed being and asking him for help and accepting that he died for my sins being a Christian?

I'm transgender and intersex (having both male and female sexual characteristics) and in the process of transitioning my gender. I love heavy metal and punk rock and despise certain aspects of organized religion but do I need a church in my life to be a Christian or is it enough to accept him as my saviour and acknowledge that his blood washed my sins away and enable me to enter the Kingdom of Heaven upon my death?

Lately I feel like I'm on the edge of Revelation but I'm not sure what to do. Does God know and acknowledge that I am flawed and still love me enough, faults and all?

I would truly like some peoples thoughts on this matter. Thank you all.
It's not just admitting to being flawed, but it's getting to the point where you recognize you're a sinful being and you turn from a sinful life to trust in Christ. Does that mean you won't ever sin again? No. But it does mean that you are striving to turn from it.

You say you're transgender and are in the process of transitioining your gender. I don't really know what that means, to be honest. But God has called you to live a chaste life until marriage. Then, you are to marry someone of the opposite gender to what you were born as. To do otherwise would suggest that perhaps you haven't really repented and turned from your sin. I'd tell the same to anyone sexually active outside of marriage.

Old 10-16-2015, 11:23 AM

3,092 posts, read 1,945,151 times
YES. God loves you enough. Go to Jesus.

Old 10-16-2015, 11:36 AM

1,505 posts, read 1,378,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
It's not just admitting to being flawed, but it's getting to the point where you recognize you're a sinful being and you turn from a sinful life to trust in Christ. Does that mean you won't ever sin again? No. But it does mean that you are striving to turn from it.

You say you're transgender and are in the process of transitioining your gender. I don't really know what that means, to be honest. But God has called you to live a chaste life until marriage. Then, you are to marry someone of the opposite gender to what you were born as. To do otherwise would suggest that perhaps you haven't really repented and turned from your sin. I'd tell the same to anyone sexually active outside of marriage.
If they are a hermaphrodite and arn't entirely sure what they were born as, who can they marry? Can they marry the opposite of what ever gender they feel the most like even if their genitals don't match perfectly? What if their gentals slightly more resemble male genitals but they are attracted to men?

Old 10-16-2015, 11:38 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,509,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Seriously? This is a matter that is between you and God, not between you and a bunch of strangers on an internet discussion forum. It shouldn't matter one bit to you what any of us have to say on this subject.
I know, silly me for having a discussion on a discussion board. What was I thinking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity