Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2015, 05:18 AM

76,949 posts, read 47,272,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Research and personal conversation with those who hibernate in the mega-domes of spiritual death.

Does this surprise anyone? It is EVERY mega-dome? Probably not..is it more than a few? Probably.

Do the math--a 4,000 member unit with an average of $200 tithing each month = $800K a month..ask where the money goes...

There is one mega-dome here that is opening its 4th dome franchise and has over $2 million in land assets in two of the most affluent counties in SE Michigan.
Can you attach a link to the facts, as opposed tom inventing the numbers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2015, 05:28 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,075,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Can you attach a link to the facts, as opposed tom inventing the numbers
SRY, personal links are unavailable at this time--Might I suggest visiting your nearest MEGA DOME of spiritual death for facts?

One might start with Joel Olsteen? Kenneth Copeland?? TBN?? SEE more Dollars? TD Jakes? Crystal Cathedral? The Graham Institution of Vipers?

How many does Dallas area have? Gotta be at least 10-20 mega domes?

There are probably 2-3 near every major city in America if you require more LOCAL information.

I can only report what I have been told (in regards to salaries) and what I have seen in regards to where the money is spent.

A pastor driving a Mercedes AMG is not making less than $50K and IF a church is paying for it they are hauling in more than $500K a month---there are 6 or more pastors at some of these domes, all driving late model lexus, BMW and other imported high end sedans. When the pastors' parking lot has a net worth of $500K, something is WRONG in the house of God and the tables ought to be flipped anytime now..

As for the tithing amounts, most churches love to talk about how much they collect -- off the record of course.

So instead for playing the Pharisee roll (some do it so well) and asking for OBVIOUS proof, get out of the house, off the couch and see the world and visit a few mega domes of death--if you do not already belong to one...

Old 10-28-2015, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Members have told you this? Are they fine with these statistics?

What other kind of research did you do?
Members BRAG how much money runs through their dome. It is the prosperity gospel and just shows how greatly God has blessed the ministry.

Like the time some schmoe asked Romney why he (the schmoe) had to struggle so hard and people like Romney had it so easy--Romney said GOD MUST LOVE ME MORE--and people were fine with that response..

Old 10-28-2015, 05:46 AM

Quote:
SRY, personal links are unavailable at this time--Might I suggest visiting your nearest MEGA DOME of spiritual death for facts?
I prefer if you back up your own claims.

Old 10-28-2015, 05:47 AM

689 posts, read 491,905 times
Many of the richest churches and preachers are evil scam merchants, imo!

Old 10-28-2015, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I prefer if you back up your own claims.
I will see if the folks at the dome will consent to a filmed interview...and I will do my best to get a copy of the dome's expense sheets, but since they are a private entity, they are responsible and financially accountable to NO ONE...so I only have the word of those I spoke with who refused to be filmed or directly quoted.

What if I took pictures of teh various pastors getting in or out of their $50K sedans? Going in or out of their $350K mini-mansions?

So kind of like the bible, one either believes it is true without question or error without PROOF, or one doubts either can be true when there is nothing to back up their stories.

Either it is like the Sword of Damocles or just another conundrum...Feel free to believe as you desire.

Old 10-28-2015, 06:09 AM

Quote:
since they are a private entity, they are responsible and financially accountable to NO ONE....
That's why we asked about your numbers. Even your own math did not add up.

You mentioned 90% of all the money goes to salaries of 6-8 people, and you threw Joel Osteen name in there. Joel Osteen is indeed a 'prosperity gospel' teacher, and a very wealthy man. However, contrary to what you suggested, he does not draw any salary from the church.

Old 10-28-2015, 07:21 AM

20,392 posts, read 12,668,457 times
Quote:

One might start with Joel Olsteen? Kenneth Copeland?? TBN?? SEE more Dollars? TD Jakes? Crystal Cathedral? The Graham Institution of Vipers?

How many does Dallas area have? Gotta be at least 10-20 mega domes?

There are probably 2-3 near every major city in America if you require more LOCAL information.

I can only report what I have been told (in regards to salaries) and what I have seen in regards to where the money is spent.

A pastor driving a Mercedes AMG is not making less than $50K and IF a church is paying for it they are hauling in more than $500K a month---there are 6 or more pastors at some of these domes, all driving late model lexus, BMW and other imported high end sedans. When the pastors' parking lot has a net worth of $500K, something is WRONG in the house of God and the tables ought to be flipped anytime now..

As for the tithing amounts, most churches love to talk about how much they collect -- off the record of course.

So instead for playing the Pharisee roll (some do it so well) and asking for OBVIOUS proof, get out of the house, off the couch and see the world and visit a few mega domes of death--if you do not already belong to one...
I belong to a mega-church. It's not like you describe.

Old 10-28-2015, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Members BRAG how much money runs through their dome. It is the prosperity gospel and just shows how greatly God has blessed the ministry.

Like the time some schmoe asked Romney why he (the schmoe) had to struggle so hard and people like Romney had it so easy--Romney said GOD MUST LOVE ME MORE--and people were fine with that response..
Everything stems back to your liberal political stance, doesn't it?

Old 10-28-2015, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecheese View Post
Many of the richest churches and preachers are evil scam merchants, imo!
Do you have any personal experience with these churches?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity