Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Am I wrong if I use medical marijuana?
Yes 6 9.38%
No 58 90.63%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 01:39 PM

339 posts, read 195,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
786man:
1) have you ever tried holistic treatments for glaucoma ? If not, talk to a holistic expert
and give them a try.
2) are you sure traditional medicine has failed you ?
3) ask yourself an important question: if you experienced an equal or better treatment
for your disease, would you stop smoking marijuana ? if not, then you have a problem.
Marijuana is not a treatment. It is a phycho-active narcotic that masks symptoms.
good luck.

Actually it IS a valid treatment, just not the best one. There is medication that will treat it more effectively without the side effect of being impaired. I think the OP had other reasons for asking that were probably more in line with the same questions Christians ask about drinking. In his case, it would not be possible to be moderate and have the marijuana be efficacious to a significant degree. It's the age old struggle man always has had between legality and freedom in God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2015, 01:46 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 786man View Post
Hey guys, it's me again, live and direct. I was born with glaucoma in both eyes that has left me legally blind in my eight eye and visually limited in my left. I know in several states it is legal to use marijuana for medical reasons, and in Colorado and Washington you can use it recreationally.

However the Bible states to stay with a sober mind. But marijuana is organically grown and is only dried, yet the eyedrops I am subscribed have to go through NUMEROUS processes to be made and have given me various side effects. If I use it, I would want to live in a state that legalized medical usage and I would get it by legal means.

My biggest question within myself is, am I morally wrong and committing a sin if I were to use medical cannabis?
If you can legally do it and not fear being arrested, I see no problem.
We are to obey those rulers God has set over us, the apostle Paul told the churches.
Just remember to use moderation in all things. And be thankful to God for what He has given us.

Old 10-29-2015, 02:51 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,386,666 times
Quote:
Hey guys, it's me again, live and direct. I was born with glaucoma in both eyes that has left me legally blind in my eight eye and visually limited in my left. I know in several states it is legal to use marijuana for medical reasons, and in Colorado and Washington you can use it recreationally.

However the Bible states to stay with a sober mind. But marijuana is organically grown and is only dried, yet the eyedrops I am subscribed have to go through NUMEROUS processes to be made and have given me various side effects. If I use it, I would want to live in a state that legalized medical usage and I would get it by legal means.

My biggest question within myself is, am I morally wrong and committing a sin if I were to use medical cannabis?
If the God you believe in would rather have you suffer than smoke a little weed, then you may want to rethink your position. So, IMHO, and take it for what you will as I am not religious, I don't think you would be morally wrong. It is a plant for Pete's sake. If you think it may help, and you can do so legally, then go for it.

A friend of mine moved to Colorado when his daughter was undergoing chemo, for the sole purpose of having access to marijuana. She ended up beating it, even though the odds were heavily stacked against her, and the marijuana helped a lot. Kept her from getting sick and nauseous, helped with the pain she was feeling. I see nothing wrong with that.

FYI: She no longer touches the stuff, and she didn't smoke it. Those are the two questions I seem to always get when relaying the story...

Old 01-18-2016, 10:25 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,917,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
See medical marijuana is in a raw form of which who have to inhale it which would be very bad for your lungs and cognitive ability ... I really find it odd that that do not refine it and put the Tetrahydrocannabinol in a pill form to consume instead of smoking it which could damage your lungs ......... But this is all that the medical community has to offer for this condition on your eyes that only bring some relief than that is it ....................So you should seek God as Jesus said that `He is stronger when you are weak ` which means that he could heal your condition better than people who rely on the medical community more than Jesus , as they say Jesus is the Great Physician ...... Still any sin is the abuse on the lungs from smoking , and attracting the wrong spirit with the psychological side effects who will enhance the effects

I hate to sound like I'm constantly picking on hljc but he's constantly giving bad advice even though he has a good heart. Do not, I repeat: DO NOT count on Jesus to ride to your rescue to cure you of this affliction. God does not make a habit of answering prayers. Just take a look at the tombstones of Christians in their 10's 20's 30's etc. who died having their church members pray for them to be cured. Prayer doesn't work, that's the first thing I want you to know. Second, there is an operation you can ask your ophthalmologist about called the Baerveldt Tube Shunt that controls glaucoma. I had it done and it controls my glaucoma perfectly. I prayed and prayed and it was the Baerveldt that saved my vision in one eye. Maybe God answered my prayers by using a physician. Who knows. All I can tell you is that God doesn't answer prayers directly; He likely uses agents here on earth to effect His cures.

Third, by all means use MJ for glaucoma as long as it's legal in your state. Get a Medical MJ card from your Dr. and it will be fine because glaucoma is one of the approved conditions for medical MJ use if the weed is legal in your state. If not, consider relocating to a state where it IS legal. Don't believe morally bankrupt Christian men trying to tell you not to--that it is a sin and the Bible forbids it. That's baloney. Those men are just trying to play with your mind and impose their morals on you to make them feel big and bad and puff their egos. Humans love to control weak-willed people with guilt trips and "You're going to go to hell if you do this" and the biggest offenders are Christian clergymen.

Old 01-19-2016, 11:52 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Wtf?
Be real, dude.
Not only are you intoxicated, you're intoxicated for far longer.

That being said, op, I don't think anything that could potentially relieve suffering should be off the table in terms of therapeutic use.
Not true ..... Dude. . One does not need to be a heavy user for medical effectiveness, or recreational use.

🙂

Old 01-19-2016, 12:12 PM

23,144 posts, read 10,445,085 times
I cannot recall a day when I did not smoke pot.

I started smoking at 5, and it has been decades since I went without.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 01-19-2016 at 12:38 PM..

Old 01-19-2016, 12:33 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:

Just remember it is not as harmless as the pot lobby wants people to believe. After the legalization boom, the use of cannabis has sky-rocketed, and with it the number if disorders have also skyrocketed. If you have heart issues, like arrhythmia, you should not touch it. Also, if you have a history of mental issues, you should not touch it. Marijuana can induce both heart and mental issues, but it is especially bad if you already have a history of such issues.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 01-19-2016 at 12:46 PM..

Old 01-19-2016, 12:40 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,454 times
One is forgiven by what they say not what they smoke.

"By your words you'll be forgiven and by your words you'll be condemned."

Old 01-19-2016, 01:13 PM

23,144 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Just remember it is not as harmless as the pot lobby wants people to believe. After the legalization boom, the use of cannabis has sky-rocketed, and with it the number if disorders have also skyrocketed. If you have heart issues, like arrhythmia, you should not touch it. Also, if you have a history of mental issues, you should not touch it. Marijuana can induce both heart and mental issues, but it is especially bad if you already have a history of such issues.
True, I wouldn't recommend smoking weed to anyone.

Old 01-19-2016, 01:19 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,159,286 times
What does Marijuana have to do with Christianity? I don't think it's even mentioned in the Bible or other early Christian writings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity