Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 07:19 AM

20,441 posts, read 12,786,094 times

Advertisements

I must be. Christ gave His life for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2015, 07:28 AM

88,576 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
One of the ways I feel His love is when He meets a need in my life.

Another way to feel the love is the recognition of what He has already provided.

I often think of how a kid feels love from their parents - from the kids' perspective. Sometimes the kid and parent are at odds, and the kid blurts out that the parents doesn't love them because they may not get what they want at that time. The kid has lost sight of everything the parent has done. In other words, the perspective we bring to the table may have a lot to do with why we do or don't feel the love of God.

Joy is a tougher one for me. It seems to be more of a mindset than a emotion or feeling.
I do make it a point to practice gratitude, which is something that helps keeps me from disbelieving along with other experiences that keep me from losing faith, which I won't go into here. I don't think it's a simple, childish matter of perspective or not getting what I want. It's more centered around the feeling of walking through life alone. I have always felt that way, as long as I can remember. Alone and apart. And if you met me, you would have no idea. I am seen as an outgoing person. I get up and give presentations in front of hundreds of people several times a year and I can put them at ease and make them laugh, even in a business setting. People tell me I have a presence when I walk into a room (may have something to do with being a freaky overheight female though).

But I am alone. Always. I know I am supposed to believe otherwise, but I cannot FEEL it.

Old 10-29-2015, 07:29 AM

689 posts, read 494,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I must be. Christ gave His life for me.
How do you know that to be true, there is no evidence to back up any of the things attributed to Jesus?

Old 10-29-2015, 07:44 AM

20,441 posts, read 12,786,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecheese View Post
How do you know that to be true, there is no evidence to back up any of the things attributed to Jesus?
What are you asking for? I assume you mean non-Biblical evidence of Jesus. If that's the case, you are aware I'm sure that there is some evidence, but not a lot.

Old 10-29-2015, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecheese View Post
If you are a person who requires hard physical evidence to believe something spiritual, then of course you are going to say that. Nothing new or revealing here. Yours is a very common perspective.

Again, this has been said on this forum over and over again. Do you have anything further or new to add?

Old 10-29-2015, 10:04 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
If you are a person who requires hard physical evidence to believe something spiritual, then of course you are going to say that. Nothing new or revealing here. Yours is a very common perspective.

Again, this has been said on this forum over and over again. Do you have anything further or new to add?
Very good point MQ, how can we take something from the spiritual realm and expect it to be seen by those who refuse to see anything unless it is housed in something they can see. I am an 100% believer in faith not being blind, because faith does see, but it sees in the unseen realm.

This verse for instance is taken out of context by the blind faith believers.

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 2For by it the elders obtained a good report.

Abraham saw the city whose builder and maker was God, he saw himself down the bottom of the mountain with his son, Moses' mum and dad saw that he was a beautiful child............. this kind of seeing can be seen from cover to cover through the bible. These are testimonies of guys who by faith did see something that caused them to be men of faith.

Once we have seen(in the unseen) the love of God(even a glimpse) we are never the same.....even through the times of trouble.... If we had to describe the feeling of being loved of God it can be nothing other than peace and bliss.

Old 10-29-2015, 10:45 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I do make it a point to practice gratitude, which is something that helps keeps me from disbelieving along with other experiences that keep me from losing faith, which I won't go into here. I don't think it's a simple, childish matter of perspective or not getting what I want. It's more centered around the feeling of walking through life alone. I have always felt that way, as long as I can remember. Alone and apart. And if you met me, you would have no idea. I am seen as an outgoing person. I get up and give presentations in front of hundreds of people several times a year and I can put them at ease and make them laugh, even in a business setting. People tell me I have a presence when I walk into a room (may have something to do with being a freaky overheight female though).

But I am alone. Always. I know I am supposed to believe otherwise, but I cannot FEEL it.
My intent was not to compare you to a child... I often use family dynamics to help illustrate theological points.

The alone part - that is probably more common that you may think among performers, comedians, etc.

Old 10-29-2015, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
My intent was not to compare you to a child... I often use family dynamics to help illustrate theological points.

The alone part - that is probably more common that you may think among performers, comedians, etc.
Do you know I almost added, "I think I can understand why Robin Williams committed suicide." I have been tempted at times myself and yes, have sought help for it when necessary. It can be managed, but it doesn't cure the terrible feeling of being left to walk alone through life.

Old 10-29-2015, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Very good point MQ, how can we take something from the spiritual realm and expect it to be seen by those who refuse to see anything unless it is housed in something they can see. I am an 100% believer in faith not being blind, because faith does see, but it sees in the unseen realm.

This verse for instance is taken out of context by the blind faith believers.

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 2For by it the elders obtained a good report.

Abraham saw the city whose builder and maker was God, he saw himself down the bottom of the mountain with his son, Moses' mum and dad saw that he was a beautiful child............. this kind of seeing can be seen from cover to cover through the bible. These are testimonies of guys who by faith did see something that caused them to be men of faith.

Once we have seen(in the unseen) the love of God(even a glimpse) we are never the same.....even through the times of trouble.... If we had to describe the feeling of being loved of God it can be nothing other than peace and bliss.
I really like the phrase I bolded/underlined/italicized.

Old 10-29-2015, 11:21 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
Believer, are you worthy of love? Why or why not?
I am asking this because I know throughout my youth I was conditioned to believe I was unworthy of love. This was partly due to a troubled childhood, and partly due to church preaching. As a result, I never felt I was worthy of love and brought that perception of "self" into my marriage. I believe that is part of the reason my marriage is over. There were many contributing factors, but I think it is possible that my husband found it difficult to love me due to my own lack of self-confidence. I've been healed quite a lot emotionally in the last 15 years, but that did not save my marriage.

I thought I'd open a new thread and ask if you believe you are worthy of love and if you think all living beings are worthy of love. I say this because my pets who are living beings certainly seem to have a need to be loved. And they are worthy of love. Also, it's interesting how there is so much love of pets even among those who do not feel particularly loving toward humans - perhaps because animals really do not have the capacity to offend us in the way that humans do.

As a human being, God has determined we have some intrinsic worth. So yes--in a sense, I am worthy of love.

On the other hand, there is not a person alive that has not sinned against God, offended him, and is deserving of being cast into the pit of hell. The good news is that Jesus died on the cross to pay the penalty for anyone that trusts in him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity