Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2015, 05:35 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,955,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The Spirit of truth moves in the heart of men who stand up for righteousness and equality in the land, even if there isn’t ten other righteous souls.
See what the conclusion was before the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah - Genesis 18 vs 23-32
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2015, 05:39 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Being you distort the Bible ... mock the Bible ... demean the Holy Spirit whom had Paul write most of the NT ... it's not surprising that this is your response.
Actually I demean Paulie girl. You will have to quote the imaginary demeaning of the HS...oh, also mocking the bible..that is totally me...particularly the parts written by mere mortals.

Jealous yet?

Old 11-02-2015, 05:40 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,955,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Yes, for example of the ' wagon wheel spokes ' all leading to the same point to stress one God that has many paths.
Most people are born into a religion or a culture. I think there is about 19 major religions.

From the viewpoint of the God of the Bible: true religion is as Jesus taught - John 17:17,3 - is as found in the Bible.
Romans 10: 2-3 shows Not all beliefs are acceptable to God because of one's lack of Bible knowledge.
Having ' zeal ' for their religion but being zealous without accurate knowledge is a warning from God.
We need to be careful that our religion is not futile in vain. - James 1:26; Matthew 15:9
Micah 6:8 lets us know there are requirements in the way we need to act and worship God.
Jesus also mentioned requirements at John 4:23-24
Isaiah 48: 17-18 is giving directions to guide us the way God wants us guided.
Belief and conduct is Not a mix-and-match picking.
Jesus gave the illustration using fruits in Matthew 7: 16-20
Notice what happens to the bad fruits - Matthew 7:21-23
So, according to Jesus there is a direct connection between how a person acts and his beliefs.

Were those who worshiped Greek gods on the right path ?
The Roman Empire just copied those immoral Greek gods and the desire for wrongdoing kept getting greater.
At Ephesians 4:19 stressed they were past all moral sense.
Just how far past moral sense is mentioned at Romans 1:24-27
So, didn't their belief affect their immoral un-loving actions ?
At Titus 1:1,16 shows there is a relationship between having knowledge and godly devotion.
That impact affects others on how we treat and view one another - Colossians 3:10; 1st John 3:10
So, do we have a Christ-like personality in showing love - Romans 12:2; Ephesians 4:22-25
Do we have the self-sacrificing love to identify us as Jesus said at John 13:34-35 ?
Zthatzmanz28 -> I was hoping for a reply to the ^ above ^ ( from the bottom of page 10 )

Old 11-02-2015, 05:46 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Zthatzmanz28 -> I was hoping for a reply to the ^ above ^ ( from the bottom of page 10 )
It does not matter what you believe. It matters what you have become and why. We are not here to learn a specific book or set of beliefs. We are here to become a specific kind of Spirit regardless of our beliefs. That Spirit is one of agape love as demonstrated unambiguously by Jesus.All else is human vanity and hubris.

Old 11-02-2015, 05:52 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
nope. Not very amazing when you want to be lacking in verbiage understanding when needed.

Ok ... then it must be very confusing for you then when you watch a commercial and you see the little disclaimer that says actor _______ is a spokesman for __________ company .... you must conclude that the actor is the ______ company.

As far as the link ... more lies x 2
You said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin

As Jesus said to those who reject him as the
Deity God and Messiah:
"You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out
your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to
the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native
language, for he is a liar and the father of lies." ~
Jesus
You also said...

Quote:
"so take your father's lies and be the spokesperson for him in the Judaism
forum."

So, he said that the Jews were of the Devil (i.e. Satan), and you told me to take My Father's lies (i.e. Satan) over to the Judaism forum (i.e. where the Satan sired Jews are)...So, if the Jews had Satan for a father then you are calling the Jews Satan...As you say that since G-d is the Father of Yeshua then that means that Yeshua is also G-d...

So, what you are saying in effect is that Yeshua is G-d and the Jews are Satan...

Old 11-02-2015, 05:56 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I will do one more post on this thread (see post #101) and that's all. Some of you people will never accept what the Scriptures say concerning the purpose of Jesus' sacrificial death on the cross and I don't intend to have my time wasted trying to get through to sustained and determined negative volition.

The Greek word is ὑπὲρ - huper and carries the meaning of 'in behalf of,' or 'for the betterment of' as in the following examples.
Rom. 8:31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for (huper) us, who is against us? 32] He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for (huper) us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things?
Very obviously, the meaning here is not 'because of,' but 'for' us. God is for us and delivered Jesus over for us all.
Rom. 8:34 who is the one who condemns? Christ Jesus is He who died, yes, rather who was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for (huper) us.
Jesus intercedes between God the Father and us. This intercession if for our benefit, in our behalf.
Heb. 2:9 But we do see Him who was made for a little while lower than the angels, namely, Jesus, because of the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, so that by the grace of God He might taste death for (huper) everyone.
Heb. 2:9 very clearly refers to substitution. Jesus tasted death for everyone.
Gal. 3:13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for (huper) us—for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a treeâ€
Jesus became a curse for us. In our behalf. For our benefit. That's substitution.

And so we come to 1 Cor. 15:3.
1 Cor. 15:3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for (huper) our sins according to the Scriptures,
God can only forgive our sins because they were paid for at the cross; because they were judged at the cross. Jesus redeemed us with His blood. The angels in heaven and the twenty-four elders (who perhaps represent the resurrected church in heaven; this is future) know this though you deny it.
Rev. 5:9 And they sang a new song, saying, "Worthy are You to take the book and to break its seals; for You were slain, and purchased for God with Your blood men from every tribe and tongue and people and nation.
We were bought at a price.
1 Cor. 6:19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? 20] For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.
The price was Jesus' blood. Jesus tasted death for us all as our substitute.

Because Jesus paid the penalty for our sins, God is able to forgive us.
Col. 2:13 When you were dead in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions, 14] having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us, which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.
Jesus' death on the cross canceled the debt caused by our sins. For that reason, God has judicially forgiven our sins.

No matter how much you deny it, argue against it, and can't understand it, the Scriptures, written by apostles chosen by Jesus Himself, declare that Jesus died for our sins, in our behalf, and that because He paid the price for our sins, God can forgive our sins.

Now . . . I'm done with this thread. Believe what you will. Make whatever excuses you can come up with in order to justify to yourself disregarding the fact that Jesus paid the penalty for our sins.
Jesus' death is not one of substitution.
Nowhere, does it mean "in place of."

Old 11-02-2015, 06:19 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
No matter how much you deny it, argue against it, and can't understand it, the Scriptures, written by apostles chosen by Jesus Himself, declare that Jesus died for our sins, in our behalf, and that because He paid the price for our sins, God can forgive our sins.
Now . . . I'm done with this thread. Believe what you will. Make whatever excuses you can come up with in order to justify to yourself disregarding the fact that Jesus paid the penalty for our sins.
There was never any penalty to pay, just a deficiency to be made up.
Quote:
Jesus' death is not one of substitution.
Nowhere, does it mean "in place of."
Actually, it does but in the sense of a "designated hitter" to achieve what we could NOT. No human being since the beginning of time was able to achieve a Spirit of perfect agape love in their consciousness. So Jesus did it for us and connected the collective human consciousness with God in perfect agape love. Then He died and was "born again" as Spirit (as we will be) to abide with us forever as the Comforter sent in His name to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts" so we would not need anyone to teach us.

Old 11-02-2015, 06:46 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It does not matter what you believe.
It matters what you have become and why.
We are not here to learn a specific book or set of beliefs.
We are here to become a specific kind of Spirit regardless of our beliefs.
That Spirit is one of agape love as demonstrated unambiguously by Jesus.
All else is human vanity and hubris

Articulate words with profound insight and wisdom, my friend.

There are poets on this forum, I recognize all of you.
This is what I come here for.

Old 11-02-2015, 06:49 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:

Were those who worshiped Greek gods on the right path ?
The Roman Empire just copied those immoral Greek gods and the desire for wrongdoing kept getting greater.
At Ephesians 4:19 stressed they were past all moral sense.
Just how far past moral sense is mentioned at Romans 1:24-27
So, didn't their belief affect their immoral un-loving actions ?
At Titus 1:1,16 shows there is a relationship between having knowledge and godly devotion.
That impact affects others on how we treat and view one another - Colossians 3:10; 1st John 3:10
So, do we have a Christ-like personality in showing love - Romans 12:2; Ephesians 4:22-25
Do we have the self-sacrificing love to identify us as Jesus said at John 13:34-35 ?

An answer you no doubt will reject?

Anyways here is a response--

As for the Greeks, quite possible they were on the "right" path since man later whittled the Greek polytheistic gods of MANY and varying degree of power and influence down to just THREE gods of alleged equality..

As for the rest, using ROMANS, EPHESIANS, TITUS, COLOSSIANS and any other book written by MAN well after Jesus (nothing in any of these books are or can be attributed directly to Jesus) are suspect as much of their "instruction" is in conflict with either the DIRECT WORDS OF CHRIST or HIS ACTIONS..

Then the verses address having a Christ like personality to LOVE and self sacrificing love to identify us as Jesus said in 1 John 13:34-35 ("A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.")

Jesus simply said LOVE GOD, LOVE NEIGHBOR, which he did add the caveat the we must be able to love our neighbor whom we have seen before being able to truly love God whom we have not seen.

Which was written in 1 John as A NEW COMMANDMENT which would tell the world we are His.

So this leads to one of two outcomes:

1. ONLY those who are disciples of Christ can have that Christ-like personality in showing that self-sacrificing LOVE.

2. All who have that willingness to demonstrate and act on that self-sacrificing LOVE are disciples of Christ.

The ultimate question is, like the chicken and the egg, WHAT COMES FIRST?

Being a disciple so that we might LOVE.

or

LOVING so that we might be a disciple?

Old 11-02-2015, 06:57 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
The Spirit of truth moves in the heart of men who stand up for righteousness and equality in the land, even if there isn’t ten other righteous souls.
Quote:
See what the conclusion was before the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah - Genesis 18 vs 23-32
Did Jesus desire equality, and righteousness in the land?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity