Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 07:20 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,013,794 times

Advertisements

Gay-marriage adultery and fornication are the greatest threats to gay marriage, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2015, 07:23 PM

6,081 posts, read 4,573,952 times
He's absolutely right about this. It's one thing when people screw around on each other when there are only adults involved, but when they act so casual and irresponsible about marriage, like it's some joke especially when there are kids involved, they have absolutely no right to look down on gay couples wanting to marry. Not to mention that these philandering married people are typically in a better tax situation than if they were single, so, to add additional insult, taxpayers are subsidizing this nonsense, since married people typically get a tax break, and the tax break isn't based on any sort of merit or desirable behavior. I guess that's "family friendly" to some politicians, though.

The High Price of Being Single in America - The Atlantic

And regarding the statement above that gay marriage adultery and fornication hurt the reputation of marriage, that's true, but because gay marriage makes up such a small proportion of marriages, heterosexual marriage adultery and fornication impact many more lives than do gay marriage transgressions.

Last edited by Jowel; 11-05-2015 at 07:49 PM..

Old 11-05-2015, 07:28 PM

4,684 posts, read 6,106,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Former child star Kirk Cameron says that fornication and adultery are far bigger threats to the institution of marriage than gay marriage is.

In a May 2 interview, Cameron said that same-sex marriage debates distract Christians from more pressing issues.

"If the people sitting in the pews are fornicators and adulterers, the church will destroy marriages much more quickly than those outside the church," Cameron told AL.com.

"I think the greatest threat to marriage is not other people's definition of marriage," he said.

Kirk Cameron says fornication and adultery are bigger problems than gay marriage | Christian News on Christian Today

Well he is right and fully correct. He is also fully correct stating that gay marriage is a distraction. There are much more important issues the church need to deal with than the topic of gay marriage.
Fornication and adultery are much bigger threat right now, because gay marriage is just being introduced. Give it some time and it will be right up there as a major issue in the church.

The biggest problems the church faces are worldly luke warm Christians that want the best of both worlds. They act like the sinners they condemn and then sitting in church Sunday morning like a saint.

There are many issues the church needs to address, but adultery and fornication are spoken against all the time that they are a sin, so its not like the issue is being ignored.

Last edited by SAAN; 11-05-2015 at 07:42 PM..

Old 11-05-2015, 07:37 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,125,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Fornication and adultery are much bigger threat right now, because gay marriage is just being introduced. Give it some time and it will be right up there as a major issue in the church.

The biggest problems the church faces are worldly luke warm Christians that want the best of both worlds. Like like the sinners they condemn and then sitting in church Sunday morning like a saint.

There are many issues they church needs to address, but adultery and fornication are spoken against all the time that they are a sin, so its not like the issue is being ignored.
Two of the biggest adulterers here in Michigan just got thrown out of the government. The TWO conservative elected officials are now in the midst of being DIVORCED by their respective souses and have talked about continuing their relationship after their divorces are finalized.

Mean while, liberals, progressives and atheists are sleeping soundly at home with their SPOUSES and no hint of infidelity has been seen?

Old 11-05-2015, 08:41 PM

18,217 posts, read 16,826,516 times
Quote:
Kirk Cameron says fornication and adultery are bigger problems than gay marriage
The only problem bigger than gay marriage is Kirk Cameron.

Old 11-05-2015, 08:57 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,919,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
The only problem bigger than gay marriage is Kirk Cameron.
So you are okay with fornication and adultery, because Kirk Cameron hit it on the head.

Old 11-05-2015, 11:43 PM

1,614 posts, read 1,239,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
The fundie mind is always on some kind of sex, isn't it?
It certainly seems so. I wonder why?

Old 11-05-2015, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
He's absolutely right about this. It's one thing when people screw around on each other when there are only adults involved, but when they act so casual and irresponsible about marriage, like it's some joke especially when there are kids involved, they have absolutely no right to look down on gay couples wanting to marry. Not to mention that these philandering married people are typically in a better tax situation than if they were single, so, to add additional insult, taxpayers are subsidizing this nonsense, since married people typically get a tax break, and the tax break isn't based on any sort of merit or desirable behavior. I guess that's "family friendly" to some politicians, though.

The High Price of Being Single in America - The Atlantic

And regarding the statement above that gay marriage adultery and fornication hurt the reputation of marriage, that's true, but because gay marriage makes up such a small proportion of marriages, heterosexual marriage adultery and fornication impact many more lives than do gay marriage transgressions.
Good points. Wasn't it under the Clinton administration that gave a tax subsidy to married people? I am not certain, but for some reason, it seems like it was. Not that I ever considered him any real liberal.

Old 11-05-2015, 11:52 PM

22,981 posts, read 10,321,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Former child star Kirk Cameron says that fornication and adultery are far bigger threats to the institution of marriage than gay marriage is.

In a May 2 interview, Cameron said that same-sex marriage debates distract Christians from more pressing issues.

"If the people sitting in the pews are fornicators and adulterers, the church will destroy marriages much more quickly than those outside the church," Cameron told AL.com.

"I think the greatest threat to marriage is not other people's definition of marriage," he said.

Kirk Cameron says fornication and adultery are bigger problems than gay marriage | Christian News on Christian Today

Well he is right and fully correct. He is also fully correct stating that gay marriage is a distraction. There are much more important issues the church need to deal with than the topic of gay marriage.
Look, even if Kirk is correct, it still doesn't mean he isn't the Antichrist, I know he is! You make him shave his head and I guarantee you that you find a 666 and the name of his demon.

Kirk Cameron?

C'mon, Come here to me Kirk Cameron if you are brave enough and I will expose that demon inside you because he will have to tell me his name.

Tell Kirk that I am waiting, I will free him.

Old 11-06-2015, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Yes. They are obsessed with sex.

Meanwhile....kids are living in substandard housing and going to unsafe schools, our elderly have no one to sit and talk to, we have veterans and the mentally ill living under bridges, millions of American children are suffering from malnutrition....but the fundies are telling each other about gay sex and fornication.

They love the sex talks. They aren't going to lecture each other on taking care of the poor when they can tell each other they are going to hell if they fornicate.
Nailed it! No, it's not a sexual pun. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity