U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 06:34 PM

27,998 posts, read 46,384,744 times

Advertisements

Just a week ago, Jewish organizations stepped up to defend US Sen. Barack Obama against an Internet campaign smearing him as a radical Muslim. Now some Jewish communal leaders feel the Democratic presidential candidate is going too far in touting his Christian bona fides.

The Anti-Defamation League has asked the campaign of the Illinois senator to clarify fliers distributed in South Carolina declaring Obama to be a "committed Christian." The flier features Obama posing in churches - in one instance, in front of a cross - and reassures the reader: "Guided by his Christian faith, Barack Obama is the leader we can trust to challenge the ways of Washington."

Obama censured for efforts to tout himself as a Christian | Jerusalem Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2008, 08:37 PM

4,439 posts, read 8,063,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Just a week ago, Jewish organizations stepped up to defend US Sen. Barack Obama against an Internet campaign smearing him as a radical Muslim. Now some Jewish communal leaders feel the Democratic presidential candidate is going too far in touting his Christian bona fides.

The Anti-Defamation League has asked the campaign of the Illinois senator to clarify fliers distributed in South Carolina declaring Obama to be a "committed Christian." The flier features Obama posing in churches - in one instance, in front of a cross - and reassures the reader: "Guided by his Christian faith, Barack Obama is the leader we can trust to challenge the ways of Washington."

Obama censured for efforts to tout himself as a Christian | Jerusalem Post
Oh.. Obama.. I thought better of you..

Old 02-01-2008, 08:45 PM

13,460 posts, read 21,210,344 times
Did you say you would settle for vice president, Sen. Obama?

Old 02-01-2008, 09:18 PM

1,959 posts, read 4,643,231 times
Ron Paul the only hope for America!

Old 04-26-2008, 11:06 PM
miu

16,473 posts, read 33,443,403 times
Do the christians in this forum consider Obama to be a good christian? And it seems that those who support Obama are idolizing him as their symbol of unity and change. So Obama is replacing Jesus in their lives... thoughts?

Old 04-27-2008, 06:19 AM

6,760 posts, read 10,188,338 times
I think it is somewhat sad that people are trying to perpetuate that Obama is a Muslim when he has attended a Christian church for a long time and claims to be a Christian. As far as I'm concerned, if he claims it, that is between him and God and I am in no position to comment on it further.

I wouldn't vote for the guy for a lot of reasons, but this one is something I'm simply steering clear of. I won't be voting for McCain or Hillary either for plenty of reasons.

Old 04-27-2008, 07:39 AM

3,978 posts, read 7,469,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
I think it is somewhat sad that people are trying to perpetuate that Obama is a Muslim when he has attended a Christian church for a long time and claims to be a Christian. As far as I'm concerned, if he claims it, that is between him and God and I am in no position to comment on it further.

I wouldn't vote for the guy for a lot of reasons, but this one is something I'm simply steering clear of. I won't be voting for McCain or Hillary either for plenty of reasons.

Well said. I espacially agree with the last 2 sentences .

Old 04-27-2008, 11:42 AM

4,541 posts, read 12,769,549 times
So, apparently you guys aren't going to vote?

Just one question...

If all of the christians who don't like the options don't vote, who will be electing our next president?

Last edited by World Citizen; 04-27-2008 at 12:52 PM..

Old 04-27-2008, 03:10 PM

11,918 posts, read 13,820,436 times
Leave Obama aloooooone! God bless.

Old 04-27-2008, 03:20 PM

13,460 posts, read 21,210,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
So, apparently you guys aren't going to vote?

Just one question...

If all of the christians who don't like the options don't vote, who will be electing our next president?
People who know how to separate church from state..I remember well the sermons from the preacher on Sunday mornings( about eight years ago )telling us how wonderful it was that we finally had elected a Christian to the white house who would run the government on prayer before he made any major decisions..And the people all said "Amen"After a year or so they talked about him not being a "real" christian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or