Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 05:22 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
One must first know His name. Most do not.
Now, Peacegiver...don't think for a NY minute I didn't notice you
didn't ans the question!! Ha!

That's ok...it was more rhetorical.

But, there was no, 'Yes I have, Miss H, because I know the Name of God."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2015, 08:13 PM

598 posts, read 357,986 times
Quote:
You confuse the miracles for the works Jesus was speaking of.

Whoever belongs to God hears the words of God.

"The Lord guides the humble to righteousness and He teaches the meek His way."
I am not confusing anything but including the works that set Jesus apart from the rest of the "prophets who claimed to speak for God. After all anyone can appear meek and make others think they are knowledgable and truthful, this is how many of the false prophets entered the church after the last apostle was taken out of the way who were the only guardians of the truth keeping the church from becoming the apostate church it soon became.

However, true miracles are evidence of a high power and there are some miracles that satan cannot duplicate such as raising the dead that Jesus did on multiple occasions

According to the next verse this is what revealed the divinity of Jesus to the Jews

John 3:2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him

Signs and wonders have always been what set the children of God apart from all others bring both hope to their people who needed it and instilling fear into their enemies from those of the courts of the Pharaohs to the courts of Herod and the leaders of the temple in Jesus time

Quote:
"The Lord God does nothing without revealing His secrets to His servants the prophets."[/i]
If the "servants the prophets" are all in agreement with each other (as in "one accord) and with God who does not change what He says concerning the things of God from one person to the next, I am in complete agreement with you

Because the apostles and the others with them were all on the same accord with the truth and with each other contributed major-ally to the amount of miracles being seen following their ministries both in Israel and abroad.

However, the bottom line is if there is a church where some of the members are in need a life saving miracle but none of the prayers of the elders are ever being answered with miracle for the people in need........ it is because there is some sort of sin of missing the mark of the truth required in our worship to God that is keeping Him at a distance......... remember when Jesus could not do many miracles in one area because of the lack of believers in the truth?

Same thing happens today

Old 11-16-2015, 09:47 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
There's a famine in the land.

Old 11-16-2015, 04:22 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
There's a famine in the land.
The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart

People will stagger from sea to sea and wander from north to east, searching for the word of the LORD, but they will not find it. Amos 8 How can this be when the bible is a best seller ?.

Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There he is!’ do not believe it.

They are looking for it everywhere but where Jesus told his disciples they'd find it

Old 11-16-2015, 05:07 PM

1,614 posts, read 1,244,645 times
Quote:
So you do the works of the son, do you?

Those who believe do so.

Old 11-16-2015, 05:10 PM

1,614 posts, read 1,244,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
That's all.

A person says, I am the way, afterall....he says,
~ You may ask anything in my name, and I will do it. John 14:14
~If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. Matt 21:22
~My father will give you whatever you ask in my name...John 16:23

Have ya asked him?
I have asked him, yes. I can't think of a more reliable source.

Old 11-16-2015, 05:30 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,916,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
That's all.

A person says, I am the way, afterall....he says,
~ You may ask anything in my name, and I will do it. John 14:14
~If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. Matt 21:22
~My father will give you whatever you ask in my name...John 16:23

Have ya asked him?

Sometimes people forget that part and how easy it is...LOL!

Have a wonderful day!

The one major problem in that scenario is that some religions claiming to be Christian teach a false Jesus, so he doesn't even know them.
And as well, usually a single teaching in some instances doesn't make a whole truth, Like this one for example---- all who believe in Jesus will be saved---a partial truth, as Jesus has shown at Matt 7:21-23---- these were told they were Christian, and did wonderful works in Jesus name, and exorcisms, etc--- obviously these believe--Yet Jesus will tell them( at judgement this is) Get away from me, you workers of iniquity, I must confess, I never even knew you.
So some truths are just a partial truth, but usually Jesus had his bottom line of reality teachings as you see at Matt 7:21--Those who do the will of my Father in heaven will enter his kingdom--believing is a very small part of what a mortal-HAS-to do.
Its very wise to learn and apply--EVERY single teaching Jesus gave to us--they contain the whole will of God.

Old 11-16-2015, 05:42 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
The one major problem in that scenario is that some religions claiming to be Christian teach a false Jesus, so he doesn't even know them.
And as well, usually a single teaching in some instances doesn't make a whole truth, Like this one for example---- all who believe in Jesus will be saved---a partial truth, as Jesus has shown at Matt 7:21-23---- these were told they were Christian, and did wonderful works in Jesus name, and exorcisms, etc--- obviously these believe--Yet Jesus will tell them( at judgement this is) Get away from me, you workers of iniquity, I must confess, I never even knew you.
So some truths are just a partial truth, but usually Jesus had his bottom line of reality teachings as you see at Matt 7:21--Those who do the will of my Father in heaven will enter his kingdom--believing is a very small part of what a mortal-HAS-to do.
Its very wise to learn and apply--EVERY single teaching Jesus gave to us--they contain the whole will of God.
Don't be surprised if you hear the words, "I never knew you."
Although you will eventually come to the knowledge of truth.

Old 11-16-2015, 06:26 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
Quote:
That was a pretty long read...
I'd rather just be like a little child and ask him.
Or like the criminal to his right...

Old 11-16-2015, 09:51 PM

598 posts, read 357,986 times
Quote:
The way the word "know" is used in your quote means to become one with. So yes during the 2000 year of the church age as depicted in the measurements of the larger of the two rooms in the OT Tabernacle, and the imperfection seen in the daily trimming of the lamps indicated imperfection would be accepted in the worship coming from the church during that time.(up until early 21st century)

However, that time is now past and may churches and ministries who did see the types of "good works" were still teaching false doctrines as a whole (amongst other personal sins) that will not get all that can be had from above in the age we are now entering. Consequently these persons will not achieve what some will in this "last day of the week" while still alive on earth.

Once on the other side eventually all but the worst will see whatever sentence they owe fulfilled at some point and will praise and worship God along with the majority of other saints.

As far as how it will go with the worst, IMHO I think the final "great jubilee will set them free as well but also IMHO it will be a very long "time" in coming (albeit eternity and time are opposing terms)

My .02
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity