Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2015, 08:41 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,192,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Truth and untruth are diametrically opposed to each other.
Have you ever told anyone you had a wet-dream?
It does
not need to be a source of stress or guilt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2015, 09:09 AM

6,366 posts, read 2,886,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
What is "sin?" And what does it look like when one "practices" such nonsense?

Here are a couple of lists that will keep one out of Gods kingdom--1Cor 6:9-11-- Galations 5:19-21-- false god worship is one as well. there are many.
Being mislead by satan transforming into an angel of light( 2Cor 11:12-15) and getting mortals to partake off the table of demons( 1Cor 10:21) by using love and sharing to make it look good to the mortal heart.

Last edited by kjw47; 12-07-2015 at 09:23 AM..

Old 12-07-2015, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Love is the fulfillment of the law....... anyone who says "you can love all you want" and does not recognize or rejects that to love your neighbor as yourself is the fulfillment of the law, is in utter darkness.

Yes, but its not the kind of love a mortal thinks it is--its this kind of love--Matt 16:24 Matt 6:33)--they seek the kingdom, not things of this world. And if one has this love--their heart wouldn't even consider-- stealing from their brothers, killing their brothers, not even in vengeance, lying to their brothers, etc,etc,etc all the way down the line--that is how law is fulfilled in Love--not the kind of love found in most. When the chips are down, prove most things.

These--many( Matt 7:21-23)--love their neighbors and God to do powerful works and the such in Jesus' name--yet Jesus will tell them at judgement--Get away from me you workers of iniquity( practicer of sin) I must confess I never even knew you.
Hebrews 10:26--no sacrifice left( Jesus' sacrifice) for any who practice sin.

One can love all they want--if they practice sin they will lose, and to the detriment of most mortals, at 1John 3 it teaches( who are the children of God or the children of the devil) and it says---Its impossible for a child of God to practice even-ONE- sin.

Old 12-07-2015, 10:09 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,075,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Here are a couple of lists that will keep one out of Gods kingdom--1Cor 6:9-11-- Galations 5:19-21-- false god worship is one as well. there are many.
Being mislead by satan transforming into an angel of light( 2Cor 11:12-15) and getting mortals to partake off the table of demons( 1Cor 10:21) by using love and sharing to make it look good to the mortal heart.
I prefer to hear straight from Jesus when it comes to this. Have any quotes from him and not Paulie girl who NEVER knew Jesus??

Though Paulie Girl did say if I have not Love, I AM SCUM...

jesus

Old 12-08-2015, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I prefer to hear straight from Jesus when it comes to this. Have any quotes from him and not Paulie girl who NEVER knew Jesus??

Though Paulie Girl did say if I have not Love, I AM SCUM...

jesus

Paul was a fine upstanding follower of Jesus, his teachings are in harmony with Jesus.
In fact according to the bible--Jesus appointed Paul to be a teacher--and according to Gods word--whatever one does or says about a appointed teacher by Jesus, they are doing to Jesus and God as well( Luke 10:16)
Remember what Jesus said---Whatever you do to the least of these my brothers--you do to me.
So basically you just called Jesus and God girly.

Old 12-08-2015, 03:48 PM

17,153 posts, read 11,993,240 times
Of course it's a charade. It has squat all to do with the birth of Jesus. Many Christians do not celebrate Christmas. It was just a recruiting tool to bring pagan's on board who were used to their winter solstice festivities.

Old 12-08-2015, 04:09 PM

7,571 posts, read 6,029,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Of course it's a charade. It has squat all to do with the birth of Jesus. Many Christians do not celebrate Christmas. It was just a recruiting tool to bring pagan's on board who were used to their winter solstice festivities.
But I think the point is that today, anyone who chooses to celebrate it can, while anyone who chooses not to does not have to. No one can choose for someone else. I choose to celebrate it, and will regardless of what others say or do.

I think the most awesome and excellent Pope meant that we are not making good choices for what could be an inspiring time of the year.
“Christmas is approaching: there will be lights, parties, Christmas trees and nativity scenes … it’s all a charade. The world continues to go to war. The world has not chosen a peaceful path,” he said in a sermon.

Maybe we as humans do not want a peaceful path anymore? If so, then we have learned nothing from our human history.

Old 12-08-2015, 04:51 PM

9,945 posts, read 4,888,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
But I think the point is that today, anyone who chooses to celebrate it can, while anyone who chooses not to does not have to. No one can choose for someone else. I choose to celebrate it, and will regardless of what others say or do.
I think the most awesome and excellent Pope meant that we are not making good choices for what could be an inspiring time of the year.
“Christmas is approaching: there will be lights, parties, Christmas trees and nativity scenes … it’s all a charade. The world continues to go to war. The world has not chosen a peaceful path,” he said in a sermon.
Maybe we as humans do not want a peaceful path anymore? If so, then we have learned nothing from our human history.
Apparently you are right about humans Not wanting a peaceful path any more.
I recall Julia Roberts saying if people would stop paying to see violent movies, then Hollywood would stop making them.
We are in the last days of badness on earth where at 2nd Timothy 3:15,13 describes the selfish distorted form of love the world now displays, which is in sharp contrast with the definition of godly love as defined at 1st Cor. 13:4-6

We can learn from Bible history -> Genesis 6:11, and when God's people in Ezekiel's day became apostate God used the Babylonians to take them into captivity for 70 years. When Jerusalem became unfaithful then God used the Roman armies in the year 70 to destroy Jerusalem and its temple. So, there is No reason to doubt that those who have run afoul playing false to God and His Word will also have the same ending -Psalms 92:7; Isaiah 11:3-4; Jeremiah 25:31-33

We are nearing the soon coming ' time of separation ' on earth - Matthew 25:31-33; 5:5 - when humble ' sheep'-like people can remain alive on earth and continue to live on earth right into the start of Jesus' coming 1,000 year governmental rulership over earth when Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among men of goodwill.

Old 12-08-2015, 04:51 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,075,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Paul was a fine upstanding follower of Jesus, his teachings are in harmony with Jesus.
In fact according to the bible--Jesus appointed Paul to be a teacher--and according to Gods word--whatever one does or says about a appointed teacher by Jesus, they are doing to Jesus and God as well( Luke 10:16)
Remember what Jesus said---Whatever you do to the least of these my brothers--you do to me.
So basically you just called Jesus and God girly.
PAulie is the girly girl, Christ is the WORD.

SO putting a pedophile to death is like killing Christ?

Old 12-08-2015, 04:57 PM

9,945 posts, read 4,888,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
If you do not enjoy the Holiday, then do not celebrate it in any form.
Personally, I love giving gifts to others, especially the children.
What does it have to do with whether one enjoys it or not ?
If Christmas meant sticking pins up an down your arms, how many would celebrate it ?
Can gifts be given throughout the year ?

I recall one family who had a daughter about to start school.
One night after she went to bed, they set up the living room like a classroom.
Complete with desk, black board, books, etc. etc.
When the child got up in the morning everyone yelled surprise, it's all for you.
So, any occasion can be made special.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity