Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 01:51 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,917,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Which only indicates tight control within the organization, how about how they interact with society in general?

Love is the motivating factor of a true follower. Jesus taught to be no part of this world, so there would be little interaction. Yet one must go to school, work, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2016, 01:54 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,917,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumf View Post
Those that believe that CHRISTmas is just a charade better enjoy the warm weather now, cause all you non-believers are gonna think summer time is air conditioning where YOU'RE headed...

Either one gains eternal life in Gods kingdom or they go to the grave.
The encyclopedias are clear--many things that infiltrated Christmas came straight off the table of demons( 1Cor 10:21) from pagan sources and practices. God says one CANNOT partake off of that table and off of his table--many are being mislead into trying though

Old 06-29-2016, 02:21 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumf View Post
No, zthatzmanz28, I'm not a fear-monger looking to create confusion. I'm a believer in God who believes that those that do not believe - and those who deny Him, will serve eternity in hell.

A couple of years ago, I met a guy who was a very devoted atheist. He had, at one time, been a serious follower of God, but got away from religion and went 180 against Him. When we had conversations - and they were often - he told me that I was the first Christian he'd ever met that didn't damn him or condemn him, but instead, tried to bring him back to God. I mention that only so you won't again falsely accuse me of something - other than try to bring all those who are distant, closer to God.
And I am a believer in GOD who believes there is NO HELL and that we are accountable for the way we treat each other and interact with our society. See, there is NO FEAR mongering in my words, no coercion or intimidation to get others to accept my belief to avoid eternal damnation...

Old 06-30-2016, 02:21 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
~squirm, ~wiggle, ~wiggle, ~deflect and not answer the original question.

How christian of you.
I said I didn't have the answer. I guess you think Christians have all the answers and that is quite flattering but we say Christ has all the answers, His followers can only follow Him and hope we know all the answers someday.

Old 06-30-2016, 07:30 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,922,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I said I didn't have the answer. I guess you think Christians have all the answers and that is quite flattering but we say Christ has all the answers, His followers can only follow Him and hope we know all the answers someday.
So you can't answer why the Nazi's had on their belt buckles, "Gott mitt uns" (God with us) or why the catholic church so prominently supported that regime?

Just to remind you, my comment was in response to your assertion, which you apparently were very convince of:
I'm not sure who the German people were praying to when Hitler came to power. The Nazis went into schools, took down Jesus' picture and put up Hitler"s. The history at that time is very interesting told from the school children's point of view.
So, tell us what you know about the children's point of view from that time? I would be interested to hear how it compares to what my parents remember. Please, go ahead.

Old 06-30-2016, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
So you can't answer why the Nazi's had on their belt buckles, "Gott mitt uns" (God with us) or why the catholic church so prominently supported that regime?

Just to remind you, my comment was in response to your assertion, which you apparently were very convince of:
I'm not sure who the German people were praying to when Hitler came to power. The Nazis went into schools, took down Jesus' picture and put up Hitler"s. The history at that time is very interesting told from the school children's point of view.
So, tell us what you know about the children's point of view from that time? I would be interested to hear how it compares to what my parents remember. Please, go ahead.

I learned it from her. I guess your parents did not remember the Nazi's going into the schools, taking down the crucifix and replacing it with a picture with Hitler.

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quhNvOXBCMs

Old 06-30-2016, 10:50 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Is THIS any indication?
The utter ignorance and barbarity of such religious extremists and nut jobs are depressing to the max, nate!

Old 06-30-2016, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
And I am a believer in GOD who believes there is NO HELL and that we are accountable for the way we treat each other and interact with our society. See, there is NO FEAR mongering in my words, no coercion or intimidation to get others to accept my belief to avoid eternal damnation...
You just described the devil. He tells people there is no hell. He believes in God and trembles but he tells humans there is no hell so he can take them there. Jesus talked about hell many times, not to fear monger but to tell people the truth.

Old 06-30-2016, 11:06 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
You just described the devil. He tells people there is no hell. He believes in God and trembles but he tells humans there is no hell so he can take them there. Jesus talked about hell many times, not to fear monger but to tell people the truth.
The sadness this post evokes in me is profound! Such a barbaric belief about the nature and motives of our loving Father is inconceivable to me in this day and age. Religions have a lot to account for in the misled souls over the millennia.

Old 06-30-2016, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The sadness this post evokes in me is profound! Such a barbaric belief about the nature and motives of our loving Father is inconceivable to me in this day and age. Religions have a lot to account for in the misled souls over the millennia.
Yes, the Father does love us, that is why He warns us of hell. Just like our earthly parents warn us of many dangers in our world when we are children and we learn of them as adults. Not to frighten us but to protect us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity