Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 11:54 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,016,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Exactly! Look at the people who believe that Genesis 3:15 is a Messianic prophecy!
Don't keep us in suspense thrill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2015, 12:34 PM

1,493 posts, read 1,366,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecheese View Post
Sounds like a load of garbage to me!
Everything that is even remotely Christian sounds like a load of garbage to you ...but yeah in this case of the NASA missing day story along with the moon dust story and the Siberian hell well story, it is definitely a load of garbage

Old 11-24-2015, 05:10 PM

63,354 posts, read 39,631,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
I think people grasp to anything to confirm their personal beliefs. If not, their system of beliefs crashes and suddenly world they so painstakingly constructed to feel safe in it collapses, leaving them with nothing and a new build to do. It can be devastating. Better to grasp to a lie, than to face ruins.
The tragic mistake here is that no system of belief matters, just belief in God. That is the central belief. Everything else is human vanity and hubris.

Old 11-24-2015, 08:42 PM

18,183 posts, read 16,747,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The tragic mistake here is that no system of belief matters, just belief in God. That is the central belief. Everything else is human vanity and hubris.

But I believe in God, just not all the dogmatic baggage that Christianity drags behind it. So why do I have such a bad reputation around here?

Old 11-24-2015, 09:51 PM

63,354 posts, read 39,631,847 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
But I believe in God, just not all the dogmatic baggage that Christianity drags behind it. So why do I have such a bad reputation around here?
You spend more time attacking the belief systems and the basis of them instead of witnessing to your belief in God.

Old 11-25-2015, 03:33 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,038,131 times
Quote:
Bang on the money Mystic, the only thing that matters is faith expressing itself through the knowledge of the love and grace of God.

Old 11-25-2015, 05:02 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,602,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
If lots of people believe something, it's probably true.

Or so I've been told.
Especially when it involves some scripture or other.

Old 11-25-2015, 05:03 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,602,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
I posted that one when I was on Facebook. It wasn't a staple for me - i was told it was wrong once, and i learned from it. Do you think people deliberately try to wind you up?
Umm, yes, sometimes people do that very thing.

And no, you didn't learn from it. If you had, why didn't you exercise your google muscle and do a little fact-checking?

Old 11-25-2015, 05:09 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,584,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
I posted that one when I was on Facebook. It wasn't a staple for me - i was told it was wrong once, and i learned from it. Do you think people deliberately try to wind you up?
I don't think people do it deliberately. But I do find it shocking that so many people are willing to accept any story at face value, without bothering to verify if it is true or not.

Old 11-25-2015, 11:54 PM

389 posts, read 613,933 times
The Christmas story in the Book of Mormon includes this occurrence: "for behold, at the going down of the sun there was no darkness; and the people began to be astonished because there was no darkness when night came." 3 Nephi 1:15 The NASA hoax could use an update to accommodate the year 1 AD and a setting sun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity