Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2016, 05:42 AM

7,322 posts, read 6,919,546 times

Advertisements

IMO Some one claiming to be Christian ,isolating them self from even a fraction of Jesus teaching is not Christian a all.
Some one that believes in Jesus believes every thing Jesus said , politically correct or not.
In revelation it says all liars will join Satan in hell .
Since Jesus is judge on that day God cannot compromise with lies, there are no exceptions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2016, 07:19 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
In revelation it says all liars will join Satan in hell.
The Lake (haven) of Fire is not hell ...
And Satan is not an entity, so why lie?

Old 01-07-2016, 10:23 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
No they don't deserve it. And rational interpretation of Jesus attitude to forgiveness would tell you that God doesn't think they deserve it either. For example: " Father forgive them for they know not what they do" (remember, He and the Father are one!). And, we are to forgive someone "70 times 7" times. That clearly shows its not God who is doing any 'hell' to anyone - only their unrepentance, that brings their own suffering and purging.

The good news is that as soon as you believe in Jesus, you become a joint heir and a brother, now, with aionian life.

And what is the bad news for those who have tried sincerely but just cannot believe based on the lack of evidence?

Old 01-08-2016, 12:16 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,707,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The Lake (haven) of Fire is not hell ...
And Satan is not an entity, so why lie?

Precisely my thought, especially considering that the scripture says ALL ARE LIARS.

Sigh....

Old 01-08-2016, 12:43 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,027,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
And what is the bad news for those who have tried sincerely but just cannot believe based on the lack of evidence?
It's a bugger for them.

Sheesh, I don't even remember writing that! But you have a point. I wasn't meaning to over stretch the word 'good', thus implying there was an equally 'bad' corollary.

I'm not sure belief is based on evidence, is it? Isn't belief just based on knowing something is right, first and foremost, and the evidence accrues after...? You'll tell me that that is confirmation bias, but that itself, is probably equivalent to what predestination means. And I think I do believe in predestination - yes, that's how big my God is. It's bigoted, but he has mercy on whom he has mercy.

God incarnated was good news. OTOH, Jesus said hell was bad. I've got right tied up in knots here. The bottom line has to be the predestination theory. He is God, he does it his way and it's a ****ter for those who have to pay for their own sins via the second death and lake of fire.

Am I any closer?

Old 01-08-2016, 05:03 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,955,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
It's a bugger for them.
Sheesh, I don't even remember writing that! But you have a point. I wasn't meaning to over stretch the word 'good', thus implying there was an equally 'bad' corollary.
I'm not sure belief is based on evidence, is it? Isn't belief just based on knowing something is right, first and foremost, and the evidence accrues after...? You'll tell me that that is confirmation bias, but that itself, is probably equivalent to what predestination means. And I think I do believe in predestination - yes, that's how big my God is. It's bigoted, but he has mercy on whom he has mercy.
God incarnated was good news. OTOH, Jesus said hell was bad. I've got right tied up in knots here. The bottom line has to be the predestination theory. He is God, he does it his way and it's a ****ter for those who have to pay for their own sins via the second death and lake of fire.
Am I any closer?
Adam had the free-will choice ( Not predestined ) to either obey God or Not obey God and so do we.

Isn't the definition of the lake of fire: second death ?
Satan ends up ( Not in hell ) but in: second death - Rev. 21:8

The day Jesus' died Jesus went to hell - Acts 2:27; Psalm 16:10
Jesus went to ' biblical hell ' so Jesus slept in death's sleep until God resurrected the dead Jesus out of hell - Acts 3:15
Jesus taught sleep in death - John11:11-14
The old Hebrew Scriptures also teach sleep in death - Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; 146:4; Daniel 12:2,13; Ecclesiastes 9:5
So, the Bible's hell is just mankind's temporary stone-cold grave until resurrected out of hell - Acts 24:15
After everyone in biblical hell is ' delivered up ' ( resurrected out of hell ), then emptied-out hell is cast vacant into that symbolic ' second death ' for vacated hell - Rev. 20:13-14

Old 01-08-2016, 06:41 PM

468 posts, read 265,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
There is a time in every persons life where you will be face to face with God and will have the choice to accept him or slap him in the face .
The evidence is not in your mind ,
It is in a heart that is grieving or at peace.

Old 01-08-2016, 08:14 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clickstack View Post
There is a time in every persons life where you will be face to face with God and will have the choice to accept him or slap him in the face .
The evidence is not in your mind ,
It is in a heart that is grieving or at peace.
You're wrong.

And no, I can't prove it now. Nor do I care.

But you'll find out.

Old 01-08-2016, 08:27 PM

2 posts, read 890 times
I grew up a Catholic so had fear of Hell.. I finally read the Bible myself and I see a different story unfold. In Christ we have eternal life out side of Christ we have DEATH.. God said eat of the tree you surely will die. There are plenty of other Bible verses. So now I lean towards annihilation or even all saved..

Old 01-09-2016, 03:00 AM

840 posts, read 772,320 times
[quote=juju33312;42065526]Do Christians think that disbelievers deserve to be roasted in hell by God for eternity?[quote]

Those who actually believe in what the Bible itself says, certainly do not believe that God would do such a thing . . . not even to his worst enemies!

Notice the quotation of Jehovah God regarding the apostate Israelites, at Jeremiah 7:31 . . .

"They have built the high places of Toʹpheth, which is in the Valley of the Son of Hinʹnom, in order to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire, something that I had not commanded and that had never even come into my heart."

Psalms 37:9, 10, 20, 38 say:

"For evil men will be done away with . . . The wicked will be no more . . . The wicked will perish ... vanish ... vanish like smoke . . . All the transgressors will be destroyed; The future of wicked people will be cut off."

2 Thessalonians 1:9a further states . . .

"These very ones will undergo the judicial punishment of eternal destruction."

IT is obvious that God doesn't plan on 'eternal torment' for even the worst of the worst of his enemies.
So . . . Why would I believe otherwise for anyone . . . ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity