Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 10:50 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,019,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Bovine excrement.
Which bit Trout?

It really is the nub of the issue, the perceived rejection of those not chosen. It is by grace you have been saved, through faith, and this not of yourselves, but it is the gift of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2015, 08:03 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,765,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecheese View Post
You have no evidence the deity exists, the Bible is NOT evidence, as has been said many times.
The evidence is in the works.

"Those who act in truth come to the light so their deeds are revealed as works of God."

"Light dawns for the just and joy for the upright of heart."

"The Lord guides the humble to righteousness and He teaches the meek His way."

Old 12-09-2015, 08:33 AM

45,315 posts, read 26,834,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecheese View Post
You have no evidence the deity exists, the Bible is NOT evidence, as has been said many times.
The evidence is in the order of what is created - that man cannot create... you know, stuff like the sun, moon, stars, vegetation, animals, air, the human soul and conscience (got it right this time ).

You can choose to believe that God doesn't exist and come up with some flawed theory as to how these things came into being... but in the end, God is fully responsible. The evidence is everywhere to be seen, if your eyes are open and willing.

Romans 1:20 - For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.

Job 38:16-24
16 "Have you entered into the springs of the sea Or walked in the recesses of the deep? 17 "Have the gates of death been revealed to you, Or have you seen the gates of deep darkness? 18 "Have you understood the expanse of the earth? Tell Me, if you know all this. 19 "Where is the way to the dwelling of light? And darkness, where is its place, 20 That you may take it to its territory And that you may discern the paths to its home? 21 "You know, for you were born then, And the number of your days is great! 22 "Have you entered the storehouses of the snow, Or have you seen the storehouses of the hail, 23 Which I have reserved for the time of distress, For the day of war and battle? 24 "Where is the way that the light is divided, Or the east wind scattered on the earth?

Old 12-09-2015, 09:23 AM

31,374 posts, read 20,025,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
Which bit Trout?

It really is the nub of the issue, the perceived rejection of those not chosen. It is by grace you have been saved, through faith, and this not of yourselves, but it is the gift of God.
All of the above.

Old 12-09-2015, 12:53 PM

88,120 posts, read 83,978,350 times
Quote:
All of the above.
Deep down, you're really just jealous that people put little fish outlines on the back of their cars to represent Jesus instead of you.

Old 12-09-2015, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Deep down, you're really just jealous that people put little fish outlines on the back of their cars to represent Jesus instead of you.
Ha!

I wear a ring that has engraved fish on it and have been teased by a Catholic or two. "Oh, Pope Trout is sporting the Fisherman's ring!"

Old 12-09-2015, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Ha!

I wear a ring that has engraved fish on it and have been teased by a Catholic or two. "Oh, Pope Trout is sporting the Fisherman's ring!"
You need a big pointy white hat to go with that.

Old 12-09-2015, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
You need a big pointy white hat to go with that.
I collect hats. Probably have 20+.

But I'm missing that style. I suspect it's not overly practical when the wind's howling out on the lake.

Old 12-09-2015, 06:51 PM

Quote:
I collect hats. Probably have 20+.

But I'm missing that style. I suspect it's not overly practical when the wind's howling out on the lake.
Lol, I want to see a video of that

Old 12-09-2015, 08:12 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,529,879 times
[quote=Peacegiver;42181074]Being born of God has nothing to do with being nice to people. It is about loving God by serving Him in spirit and in truth.

Actually, "being born of God" has nothing at all to do with with the object of that phrase which is the individual being born. When you were born of your mother, what part did you play in that birth other than actually being delivered. Notice the verb being used. "Being" is a established fact. fait ac·com·pli
ˈfet əkämˈplē,ˈfāt/
noun
a thing that has already happened or been decided before those affected hear about it, leaving them with no option but to accept.
"the results were presented to shareholders as a fait accompli". This is the type of Being the verse is talking about. Being Born of God is synonymous with being regenerated or born again. This is a sovereign choice made by God whereby He extends mercy upon those He chooses to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity