Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2015, 05:47 AM

2,826 posts, read 2,368,243 times

Advertisements

Guilt. And Judgement.

And these are actually sins from the same source. Let me explain what Jesus meant when he said "love your neighbor as your self." He actually didn't mean lowercase self at all, he meant uppercase Self. Self as the Universal Self. You and your neighbor are actually one, so whenever you pass judgement on yourself, you are likely to hurt others. And whenever you hurt or judge others, you are actually hurting yourself.

It isn't love your neighbor as you would love yourself, it's love your neighbor as they are yourself. There is an illusion of separation at work here, and it makes us think that the numerous laws of the US legal code, Ten Commandments, or Jewish Law all mean something. All laws that aren't arbitrary victimless crimes (usually get thrown out), are based on a contract between the self and others. That is, everything boils down to "stop being so hard on yourself" and "stop holding yourself to a better standard than others." Theft for instance is "I need this, he doesn't".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2015, 07:43 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,792 times
"Sin because they do not believe in me."

Seems He was saying there is only one sin and that is that they do not believe. Once you believe no more sin.

"He who believes in me shall do the works I do and far greater than these."

Old 12-08-2015, 09:09 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
It isn't love your neighbor as you would love yourself, it's love your neighbor
as they are yourself.
There is an illusion of separation at work here...
Bravo!

I have had the dawning-lightbulb-realization handed to me that YES, any thought...any word
we have for another is directly being thought and said about our own self.
Hit me like the Gift it was...my mouth dropped, I remember the very instant.

It is very funny that most people have no idea, really, how to love themselves at ALL!
So how could they love God, let alone their neighbor...it's a funny thing...
you can't give out what you can't even give to yourself.

The org religions certainly give the message of a God 'out there'.

Of course, sin is 'missing the mark'...pure and simple..guilt, pride, anger,
jealousy all take one away from the Divine Bull's Eye!
Entertaining silly thoughts=missing the Mark...that's my experience.
That which takes my mind and heart off of acknowledging God in ALL my ways...
is 'missing the Mark', for me, period.

Brave of you to say what you did on a forum like this one.

Old 12-11-2015, 12:05 AM

63,811 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
Guilt. And Judgement.
And these are actually sins from the same source. Let me explain what Jesus meant when he said "love your neighbor as your self." He actually didn't mean lowercase self at all, he meant uppercase Self. Self as the Universal Self. You and your neighbor are actually one, so whenever you pass judgement on yourself, you are likely to hurt others. And whenever you hurt or judge others, you are actually hurting yourself.
It isn't love your neighbor as you would love yourself, it's love your neighbor as they are yourself. There is an illusion of separation at work here, and it makes us think that the numerous laws of the US legal code, Ten Commandments, or Jewish Law all mean something. All laws that aren't arbitrary victimless crimes (usually get thrown out), are based on a contract between the self and others. That is, everything boils down to "stop being so hard on yourself" and "stop holding yourself to a better standard than others." Theft for instance is "I need this, he doesn't".

Old 12-11-2015, 12:06 AM

63,811 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Bravo!
I have had the dawning-lightbulb-realization handed to me that YES, any thought...any word we have for another is directly being thought and said about our own self.
Hit me like the Gift it was...my mouth dropped, I remember the very instant.
It is very funny that most people have no idea, really, how to love themselves at ALL!
So how could they love God, let alone their neighbor...it's a funny thing...
you can't give out what you can't even give to yourself.
The org religions certainly give the message of a God 'out there'.
Of course, sin is 'missing the mark'...pure and simple..guilt, pride, anger,
jealousy all take one away from the Divine Bull's Eye!
Entertaining silly thoughts=missing the Mark...that's my experience.
That which takes my mind and heart off of acknowledging God in ALL my ways...
is 'missing the Mark', for me, period.
Brave of you to say what you did on a forum like this one.
Amen! Great witness, Miss H.

Old 12-11-2015, 03:01 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
Actually Through Christianity that is close to the heart of God , as there are two roots of sin based of pride and unbelief , so the looking down on others and devaluing oneself or elevating one self out of unity with the self and the neighbor is the pride and timid self which are close ..................... See God there is no division , and God loves every one , except God has separated himself from people who are not trying to be in unity with Him , but will try to correct Believers who look down of others and believers who devalue themselves or elevate themselves with pride

Old 12-11-2015, 03:05 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
"Sin because they do not believe in me."

Seems He was saying there is only one sin and that is that they do not believe. Once you believe no more sin.

"He who believes in me shall do the works I do and far greater than these."
So says he that is sinless?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity