Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 08:02 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
I'm going to call you on that. Hitler was supposedly "Christian" but actually a heretic who used Aryan symbolism. Christians actually tended to focus on converting Gentiles, not Jews, following You've been reading some PC history there. Actually, Jews have been wandering not because someone "forced them to be Christian" but because between the Roman pagans, the Muslims, and other groups taking their country, they have been spread around various other countries. Hadrian was not a Christian, and btw the crusades were fought to reclaim the Holy Lands. Jews and Christians are allies. The Muslims are not, they have never done anything but enslaved "people of the book" and act innocent of their past while they take countries over.
Adolph Hitler was a member of the Thule society, if I recall...

The crusades were to reclaim the Holy Land for the Christian Roman Catholic Church because of the Tomb of Jesus and other things, because they were burning Jews back in Europe or taking everything they had and exiling them...

Actually, I've read that Jews get along with Roman Catholics better that Protestants...

Old 12-13-2015, 08:13 PM

4,729 posts, read 4,363,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
No, I did not ask him.
He's mad at me because he thinks my ancestors killed all the Midianites for no good reason.

Old 12-13-2015, 08:20 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,439,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv my dayton View Post
You are describing a family that Christians call a completed Jew. They have acknowledged that Christ was born and shed His blood for their sins. Now you understand from the example set by the Jewish community against this family why hate and dislike continue. God must be so pleased with the Jewish community.
And what you are describing is ignorant and deeply offensive to Jewish people. "Completed Jew"? How obnoxious can you get?

Old 12-13-2015, 08:30 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
You are describing a family that Christians call a completed Jew. They have acknowledged that Christ was born and shed His blood for their sins. Now you understand from the example set by the Jewish community against this family why hate and dislike continue. God must be so pleased with the Jewish community.
I'm a Christian and I've never even heard the term "completed Jew".

As for the rest of your post: I'd like to say to the Jewish community: "We're not all like this."

Last edited by DewDropInn; 12-13-2015 at 08:44 PM..

Old 12-13-2015, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Total double standard. As if Chrstian communities would be obligated to "accept" a family that mocked their beliefs. Being Jewish and believing in Jesus is mutually exclusive. This family has nefarious intent. And we should be obligated to love and accept them? Give me a break.

Old 12-13-2015, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I'm a Christian and I've never even heard the term "completed Jew".

As for the rest of your post.... I'd like to say to the Jewish community: "We're not all like this."
I hear Chrstians use the phrase completed Jew from time to time. Yes it's offensive. Mostly, it's just ignorant. I think that poster was just pointing it out, though, not saying they believed that. And yes, we Jews know that not all Chrstians are so disgusting as to think there is such a thing as a completed Jew.

Old 12-13-2015, 09:26 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
The OP does not come from an honest place. He often seeks to sow seeds of discontent.

When he succeeds, he (falsely) feels superior.

He is small.

Old 12-13-2015, 09:35 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
'Completed Jew?

“Completed Jew”? Does that make every other Jew incomplete?

When the phrase “Completed Jew” is used, it’s used in the sense of “completed faith” – Unlike in other religions or heritage, when a Jew comes to faith in the Jewish Messiah, it is not a “conversion”, but a COMPLETION OF FAITH . Since Jesus was Jewish and came to the Jewish people to be their Messiah, There is nothing more Jewish, a Jewish person can do than to follow Him. Believing and following the Jewish Messiah, YESHUA, is a completion of faith for the Jew.'

https://thewordinhebrew.com/completed-jew/

'Jew, Gentile, Christian – by Dr. Arnold Fruchtenbaum

Jew, Gentile, Christian – by Dr. Arnold Fruchtenbaum

This wonderful article by Dr. Arnold Fruchtenbaum of Arial Ministries, helps clear the confusion between the terms Jew, Gentile & Christian and the distinctiveness between them.

Part I: Jew, Gentile, Christian
Part II: The Biblical Basis for the Messianic Jewish Distinctive'

https://thewordinhebrew.com/resource...-fruchtenbaum/

For any Jew, or anyone else reading this who may be interested.

Old 12-13-2015, 09:54 PM

2,826 posts, read 2,367,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Adolph Hitler was a member of the Thule society, if I recall...

The crusades were to reclaim the Holy Land for the Christian Roman Catholic Church because of the Tomb of Jesus and other things, because they were burning Jews back in Europe or taking everything they had and exiling them...

Actually, I've read that Jews get along with Roman Catholics better that Protestants...
Adolph Hitler was a childish sociopath who was actively against the Christmas truce during World War I, had a number of quirks (from an obsessive interest in his niece that drove her to suicide, only one testicle, at two pounds of chocolate daily, injected himself with bull semen and had only one testicle, was a vegetarian and wanted to propose "the final solution" against white bread, an animal lover, and wanted to be a painter), wasn't even German, and actually had some Jewish blood.

20 Things You Don’t Know About Hitler

That is, the biggest danger to Jews wasn't Christianity. It was a self-hating Jew.

This is a lesson. The worse danger to the world comes when people don't like themselves, and blame others for it. A suicide bomber, is by nature, both suicidal and convinced that others are to blame.

A Jew does not need Jesus to be complete. A Jew is complete by having knowledge of what "The Lord Your God is One" means on a cosmic level.

Old 12-13-2015, 10:03 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
He's mad at me because he thinks my ancestors killed all the Midianites for no good reason.
Who?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity