Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 01:30 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,803,032 times

Advertisements

Seducing spirits.

Adam said to his Children "And behold, I see your works before me and that you do not walk in righteousness but you have begun to walk in the path of destruction, and you separate each other and are envious of each other and you are not in harmony each of you with his brother. For behold. I see the demons and how they begin to seduce you and your children, and I fear for you that you might begin to shed blood of men after my death, and that you, I too, might be destroyed from the face of the earth." Jub. 7:26-27
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2017, 02:08 PM

1,100 posts, read 795,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by granpa View Post
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any single interpretation.

Every prophecy has multiple interpretations. That's how you know it came from God. People wouldn't be smart enough to make such a thing
I blued your words in red since it is against the rules to use the color red in your post since only mods are allowed to use red. There is no other way to interpret that, right?

2 Peter 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Since you are saying the opposite of what is written and feel at liberty to say whatever you want, what is to prevent any one from twisting your words around from what you have written?

If I were you, I would go back and edit your prior reply by choosing another color for your highlighted words before the mods have to do it for you.

And once again, christians are to rely on Jesus Christ as their Good Shepherd for understanding His words in what He had actually meant in His words with no confusion nor partiality.

Old 01-31-2017, 02:20 PM

2,854 posts, read 2,051,372 times
https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang...?Strongs=G2398

ἴδιος

Of uncertain affinity

Old 01-31-2017, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorInSpirit View Post
And once again, christians are to rely on Jesus Christ as their Good Shepherd for understanding His words in what He had actually meant in His words with no confusion nor partiality.
It what makes you think I'm not relying on Jesus Christ?

Old 01-31-2017, 02:27 PM

LOL. I dont believe what you believe so I must not be relying of Jesus Christ! Talk about partiallity

Old 01-31-2017, 02:40 PM

Quote:
It what makes you think I'm not relying on Jesus Christ?
Quote:
LOL. I dont believe what you believe so I must not be relying of Jesus Christ! Talk about partiallity
1 Corinthians 1:9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Do yourself a favor, trust the Lord Jesus Christ as your personal Good Shepherd, and lean on Him for seeing why you should only stick with the KJV. I cannot prove that to you.

Old 01-31-2017, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Jesus Christ is the logos of God. Logic and reason of God. I will rely on logic and reason.
If you really believe that, then why would you say that to God below?

Moderator cut: orphaned quote
1 Timothy 6:3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

Ephesians 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.20 But ye have not so learned Christ; 21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:27 Neither give place to the devil.28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

I can only hope that Jesus will continue His work in you as I pray the same for me in getting me ready for the Bridegroom for He is coming soon for the abiding bride of Christ that are His disciples & not another's.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-31-2017 at 03:45 PM..

Old 01-31-2017, 03:04 PM

I do believe that God embodies logic and reason but I also believe that you worship a completely different God who hates logic and reason. Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-31-2017 at 05:21 PM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 01-31-2017, 03:11 PM

Quote:
I do believe that God embodies logic and reason but I also believe that you worship a completely different God who absolutely hates logic and reason.Moderator cut: Orphaned
Just because I say to you that you should ask Him what He meant by His words in the KJV since He is saying completely different than what you had been sharing by whatever version you are using, if any?

Last edited by june 7th; 01-31-2017 at 05:24 PM..

Old 01-31-2017, 04:44 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,013,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The book of Enoch, a Jewish intertestamental religious apocryphal work written between the 4th and 1st centuries BC. refers to the ḇə·nê- hā·’ĕ·lō·hîm as the sons of heaven and identifies them as angels.

Referring to Genesis 6:1-2, Enoch 7:1-2 says,
Enoch Chapter 7

Enoch 7:1 It happened after the sons of men had multiplied in those days, that daughters were born to them, elegant and beautiful.

Enoch 7:2 And when the angels, (3) the sons of heaven, beheld them, they became enamoured of them, saying to each other, Come, let us select for ourselves wives from the progeny of men, and let us beget children.

(3) An Aramaic text reads "Watchers" here (J.T. Milik, Aramaic Fragments of Qumran Cave 4 [Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1976], p. 167).

Book of Enoch
These sons of God, these angels mated with human women who gave birth to giants.
Enoch 7:11 And the women conceiving brought forth giants, (7)

(7) The Greek texts vary considerably from the Ethiopic text here. One Greek manuscript adds to this section, "And they [the women] bore to them [the Watchers] three races–first, the great giants. The giants brought forth [some say "slew"] the Naphelim, and the Naphelim brought forth [or "slew"] the Elioud. And they existed, increasing in power according to their greatness." See the account in the Book of Jubilees.

Book of Enoch
In Genesis chapter 6 the Nephilim are said to be the offspring of the sons of God (angels) who mated with the daughters of men (human females).
No...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity