Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 08:58 PM

2,854 posts, read 2,038,906 times

Advertisements

Beast of Daniel = Image of the Beast (not the Beast himself)

At-a-glance/Revelation and the Flood - Religion-wiki - Wikia

Daniel spake and said, I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the four winds of the heaven strove upon the great sea.

And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another.

The first was like a lion

And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear (the false Prophet)

After this I beheld, and lo another, like a leopard

After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it

And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy

And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb (Ram), and he spake as a dragon

And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live. And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed

Last edited by granpa; 12-21-2015 at 09:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2015, 09:44 PM

6,617 posts, read 2,814,532 times
I'm not sure what your post implies; however, if you're interested in an extensive SDA* interpretation of that scripture I would suggest Kenneth Cox The Antichrist and The Mark of the Beast videos. The entire DVD series (Dimensions of Prophesy) of which these two are merely a part is most informative.

*SDA = Seventh-Day Adventist.

Old 12-22-2015, 04:18 AM

9,663 posts, read 9,926,625 times
Daniel vision from Daniel 7 .......these beasts which are fallen angels the first beast the lion who had eagles wings ripped of and the mind of a human represents a man without any faith in God ......................second beast a bear eating flesh represents taking and using sin ...............................third beast was given dominion over people ............................. beast of ten horns which represents blaspheme against God and His ten commandment which is the liberal spirit of man against God .............................The little horn which raised up from this beast represents antichrist ............................. these beast at the end of time in the vision would loose their authority and Jesus would have everlasting authority

Old 12-22-2015, 05:11 AM

67 posts, read 46,048 times
It is hard to understand how anyone can believe that stuff to be true!

Old 12-22-2015, 06:16 AM

6,617 posts, read 2,814,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ50 View Post
It is hard to understand how anyone can believe that stuff to be true!
It's symbolic.

Old 12-22-2015, 06:26 AM

67 posts, read 46,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
It's symbolic.
Of what?

Old 12-22-2015, 11:02 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,757,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ50 View Post
Of what?
You will see soon.

Old 12-22-2015, 03:00 PM

2,854 posts, read 2,038,906 times
Ancient memory aids before writing was invented

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mnemonic

Old 12-24-2015, 03:35 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,882,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by granpa View Post
Beast of Daniel = Image of the Beast (not the Beast himself)

At-a-glance/Revelation and the Flood - Religion-wiki - Wikia

Daniel spake and said, I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the four winds of the heaven strove upon the great sea.

And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another.

The first was like a lion

And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear (the false Prophet)

After this I beheld, and lo another, like a leopard

After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it

And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy

And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb (Ram), and he spake as a dragon

And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live. And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed

Why does one think so many will be mislead to worship the image of the beast? The answer is--because it looks good to the mortal heart--Gods word says---Whenever they are saying--peace and security( the image) sudden destruction will be upon them.--- so the beast will be projecting peace and security as its means. 99% will fall. Rev 13 has been occurring for awhile now.

Old 12-24-2015, 08:54 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,171,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Why does one think so many will be mislead to worship the image of the beast? The answer is--because it looks good to the mortal heart--Gods word says---Whenever they are saying--peace and security (the image) sudden destruction will be upon them.--- so the beast will be projecting peace and security as its means. 99% will fall. Rev 13 has been occurring for awhile now.
Sounds like your Harmagedōn, or return of Christ.
Where, mankind and his religion exalts, itself?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity