U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 11:52 PM

4,221 posts, read 1,971,563 times

Advertisements

Jesus said that those who eat His flesh and drink His blood abide in Him and He in them. He then tells His disciples it is the words of God they must consume which is His flesh and blood. Since the son of man is the truth this makes sense. So when one has the word of God in their heart they use it because as Jesus said ,"Whatever your heart is full of that is what your mouth will speak."

"If you abide in me and my words abide in you, you may ask what you will and it shall be done for you."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2015, 02:52 AM

67 posts, read 33,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Jesus said that those who eat His flesh and drink His blood abide in Him and He in them. He then tells His disciples it is the words of God they must consume which is His flesh and blood. Since the son of man is the truth this makes sense. So when one has the word of God in their heart they use it because as Jesus said ,"Whatever your heart is full of that is what your mouth will speak."

"If you abide in me and my words abide in you, you may ask what you will and it shall be done for you."

Well that verse isn't true! I know of Christians of the 'saved' dogma who have asked for healing and have died.

Old 12-30-2015, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ50 View Post
Well that verse isn't true! I know of Christians of the 'saved' dogma who have asked for healing and have died.
Yes, but were they truly saved?

The verse is not for those of the world to understand but for those who do the will of God and serve Him.

Old 12-30-2015, 08:51 AM

Quote:

The verse is not for those of the world to understand but for those who do the will of God and serve Him.
Always an excuse for god's psychopathic behaviour, should it actually exist!

Nine years ago my husband had a life threatening brain haemorrhage. Although he is an atheist kindly people said well meaning prayers for his recovery. At the same time as my husband was gravely ill a 'born again' Christian friend was also very ill, and no doubt many prayers were said for him too. Our friend died, my husband recovered, albeit with half his brain trashed! And before any bright spark suggests my husband was spared so he could find god, my husband claims he had an 'experience' whilst in a coma, which convinced him beyond all shadow of doubt that no god or afterlife exists!

Old 12-30-2015, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Always an excuse for god's psychopathic behaviour, should it actually exist!

Nine years ago my husband had a life threatening brain haemorrhage. Although he is an atheist kindly people said well meaning prayers for his recovery. At the same time as my husband was gravely ill a 'born again' Christian friend was also very ill, and no doubt many prayers were said for him too. Our friend died, my husband recovered, albeit with half his brain trashed! And before any bright spark suggests my husband was spared so he could find god, my husband claims he had an 'experience' whilst in a coma, which convinced him beyond all shadow of doubt that no god or afterlife exists!
God doesn't talk to atheist so how can he know their is no God. The afterlife is not after your body dies but after one rises from the death of sin into life of spirit and the glory of God. I am the resurrection and the life.

"The Lord is near to everyone who calls upon Him, who calls upon Him in truth."

Old 12-30-2015, 09:13 PM

20,633 posts, read 22,819,705 times
Quote:

I just love the they had little faith that is why....argument...LOL

Old 12-30-2015, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I just love the they had little faith that is why....argument...LOL
"If you believe you'll see the glory of God."

I see it and I keep His word.

Old 12-31-2015, 08:00 AM

Quote:
God doesn't talk to atheist so how can he know their is no God. The afterlife is not after your body dies but after one rises from the death of sin into life of spirit and the glory of God. I am the resurrection and the life.

"The Lord is near to everyone who calls upon Him, who calls upon Him in truth."

My husband never claimed the mythical deity gave him this experience, which I don't believe is anymore credible than the assertions you make, for which you cannot produce any evidence.

Old 12-31-2015, 08:14 AM

12,872 posts, read 10,831,746 times
Quote:
"If you believe you'll see the glory of God."
Would you please place the verse location, always? See? it's not so hard.

You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it
. - John 14:14

He will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind us stayed in him.
-Is 26:3

If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.
- Matt 21:22

Before they call I will answer, while they are still speaking I will hear.
- Is 65:24

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things.
-Jer 33:3

Old 12-31-2015, 02:33 PM

Quote:
My husband never claimed the mythical deity gave him this experience, which I don't believe is anymore credible than the assertions you make, for which you cannot produce any evidence.
I can produce evidence but you are not me. If you were me the son would free you and you would see, so be me and do the works I do.

Where I am that's where my servant will be.

Whoever is of the truth hears my voice. Whoever belongs to God hears every word God speaks. The reason you do not hear is you do not belong to God.

My sheep hear my voice. Follow me and hear. I'm the good shepherd. The Lord and I are One.

No one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born from above.

I belong to what is above. Follow me and see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or