Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 11:48 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,026,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Its fact Gods word is inspired by God---- Yet mens certain mistranslation of certain words and phrases are apparent.

Jesus, Peter and the Pharisees all knew Gods written word well--so its just reasonable to think they would use the same phrases and the such for their day.
Peter was an ignorant fisherman, how would he know the Torah well?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2016, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Virgin View Post
This is Christian Theology 101 buddy...
why is it "news" to you?

--
Maybe because your technique isn't original and you're just blindly parroting another's works instead of trying to figure it out on your own........Buddy???...

Old 01-13-2016, 11:59 AM

23,141 posts, read 10,441,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
He didn't know it at all, what we witness is Peter's learning at a very fast pace, showing him graduating from level to level.

Old 01-13-2016, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
He didn't know it at all, what we witness is Peter's learning at a very fast pace, showing him graduating from level to level.
Where do you notice Peter becoming more and more educated in Torah?...

Old 01-13-2016, 01:45 PM

23,141 posts, read 10,441,143 times
Quote:
Where do you notice Peter becoming more and more educated in Torah?...

I suppose I can't explain it so that a many people could understand, but Peter left everything to follow his teacher and the Peter we see in the beginning is nothing like the Peter we see later on but then he received the Holy spirit which came teaching Peter everything.

Peter is shown walking and graduating through 4 levels of Genesis 49, his life is like instruction how a person graduates through the 4 levels. He begins in Rueben, Simeon and Levi and then he begins walking in Zebulun, Issachar and Judah. He moves through Dan, Gad and Asher, and by the time he raises Dorcas, he had become Naphtali, and then to be a stone in Israel is Joseph as the changing of his name is from Simeon to Peter{The rock}.

When he jumped from that boat, that was already a well known story of Zebulun, Isaachar and Judah and that's exactly why Jesus had to ask him 3 times. He was asking in Zebulun, in Isaachar and in Judah,'' Do you love me?''

I realize this sounds like it's in left field but it's what I see as Peter goes from an awkward disciple, goes back to fishing, and then begins to seriously progress in his walk to where he is making speeches with great authority.

In each direction of the Temple there are two brothers who struggle and then there is a third which is an outcome. In the East, in the South, in the North, in the west are 3 brothers in each direction according to how they camped around the Temple but the Temple design only shows human anatomy and what we really are.

In the South is a man in Rueben.
In the East is a lion in Judah
In the North is an eagle in Dan
In the West are the oxen

Meh, I guess it's too complicated to relay all my crazy concepts. It would take me another ten pages.

But the Peter I see in the beginning aint nothing like the Peter I see later.

Old 01-13-2016, 02:14 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,916,882 times
Quote:

Jesus thought enough of him to choose him. There is nothing in the bible that says he was ignorant--in fact all real servants of God know his written word well.

Old 01-13-2016, 02:16 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
Jesus thought enough of him to choose him. There is nothing in the bible that says he was ignorant--in fact all real servants of God know his written word well.
There was no "written word" when the apostles lived. And if there was, it's highly unlikely a group of fishermen 2,000 years ago, could read.

Old 01-13-2016, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
For practice, harmonize this, thrill:

"God is love." ~ The bible

"Love is not jealous." ~ The bible

"The LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God." ~ The bible

Jehovah is a jealous God. It doesn't say his love is Jealous.

Old 01-13-2016, 02:18 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
Jehovah is a jealous God. It doesn't say his love is Jealous.
Jealousy is a sign of an immature, neurotic mind.

Old 01-13-2016, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Yes, but please bear in mind that 4-5 decades separates these statements from the actual Jesus and whatever he might have said 40-60 years earlier. Is it reasonable to assume the men who wrote these scriptures compared earlier copies of other gospels with theirs and just copied? If you saw the same sentence in four separate novels wouldn't you suspect some plagiarism was at work?

Gods word assures that God himself inspired the words written.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity