Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 05:38 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,388,856 times

Advertisements

Good effort, Alix. For what it's worth, I appreciated reading your post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2016, 05:42 PM

1,506 posts, read 1,379,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
5- it really not a hot button issue for me. It is for other people. It gets discussed. I throw in my opinion that it is sin, and a major health risk and I am a hater. It's not my rule... I just put complete faith in the One who designed us and gave us the instructions.
Instructions which fundamentalists and conservative Christians interpret very questionably given the context of those instructions...Though it may not seem like its a hotbutton issue for you doesn't mean its not still a hot button question for most Christianity...you don't have to look far for Christian homophobes ..and I swear if I hear the term "gay agenda" one more time....

Old 01-15-2016, 05:54 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix. View Post
Wait, me or him?
Him.

Old 01-15-2016, 06:45 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,919,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix. View Post
While I really really appreciate you standing up for the LGBTQIA+ and totally agree that there are 9,999,999 important issues to deal with then someone's personal homophobia eating them alive, your main point here is about how consensual sex is not a straight's business, which is true, but you do realize that there's more to homosexual relationships then sex, right. . . ? I mean I just want to make sure.
Of course I do, but it seems that the only thing that fundies want to talk about, what we do with our genitals. Half of them condemn masturbation.

Old 01-15-2016, 06:47 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,919,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
And God be damned?
Sure, why not.

Anthropomorphized entities mean nothing to those of us who long ago left the imaginary friend stage behind.

Old 01-15-2016, 07:20 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
When I got through checking out the website referenced by the OP, I was reminded of how I feel when I read a post that says, "Katzpur, you are going to hell. I say this in love. God bless."

Old 01-15-2016, 07:42 PM

6,792 posts, read 2,903,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3
Give us a break.

Our 'desires' are part of what makes us human. When two willing, consensual and sane adults take part in their physical desires with each other, what does it matter?

Who cares what Johnny and Susie do in bed any more than Billie and Rufus or Sally and Brittany. If they agree, and no one is harmed, it is none of mine, yours or your pastor's business.

Grow up. Start dealing with real issues. Like healthcare, homelessness, the national debt and deficit etc. etc. They affect people, consensual sex and intimacy does not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
And God be damned?
God be damned? What does that even mean? How or why would folks damn a deity that many of them don't even believe in? Even those who might believe in a Creator of sorts may not equate such a being with the Bible God since the irrational behavior of that OT character comes across as being far worse than any human tyrant.

But, to you and most mainstream Christians, Janelle, THE BIBLE is God ...right? This idea (that the Bible=God) has been SO deeply ingrained into the minds of most professing Christians that when someone questions the print from this book it's believed that they are actually questioning God. And, this causes stress (even anger) for the Bible=God folks. More than that. It can and DOES incite hatred (driven by fear) toward anyone who dares to disagree with the Bible, i.e. "God".

The above poster (cupper3) is correct. It is no one's business what two consenting adults might choose to do in private whether they be gay or straight. They should be able to have 'kinky' sex while swinging from a chandelier if they so choose and it's no one else's business but theirs. Unless, of course, the property is rental and they wreck the chandelier.

And, as has also been pointed out elsewhere, this voyeuristic approach by so many Christians regarding the sex lives of others is not only invasive but it's also creepy. Why do the thoughts of so many Christians automatically gravitate to sex? Why do they allow the actual thought of what gay people might actually be doing when alone (gasp) to become such a grave concern for them? How do they even KNOW who is and who is not actually involved in an intimate relationship? It's all mainly driven by the imaginative minds of the Christian. As said, it's creepy!

Old 01-15-2016, 07:51 PM

6,792 posts, read 2,903,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Of course I do, but it seems that the only thing that fundies want to talk about, what we do with our genitals. Half of them condemn masturbation.
And the other half don't masturbate either . . .

Old 01-15-2016, 10:59 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Oh, boy. One more guy with a website telling the LGBTQ community they have to change. Ain't he special.

I didn't get that from the web site. It says even if I don't agree with you that does not mean I hate you.

Old 01-15-2016, 11:10 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times
Courage

These homosexual men and women don't agree with you though. They don't see homophobia in those who disagree with gay marriage, etc.

http://couragerc.org/courage/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity