Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2016, 10:09 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,157,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
[color="Navy"] For me, the VERY CONCEPT of hell-fire and eternal torment that Christianity preaches to the young from day one is THE most hateful that anyone could concoct. And, 'concoct' this hateful belief is what this wonderful religion has done.
Absolutely. And it results in both self-hatred and the hatred of others, especially those perceived to be "unrepentant sinners" (like gays) and anyone who isn't a Christian.

Why all of fundamentalist Christianity is not considered a hate group is beyond me. And many children are forced into it by their parents. It's a form of generational abuse that ends up affecting society as a whole.

Old 01-16-2016, 11:02 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,711,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So, first they teach it because they hate people, and now its because they have not figured something out

Pick one and run with it, because at this point it sounds like you just like to trash people you disagree with. The way you misrepresent people sounds somewhat hateful. Why do you do it? Do you 'relish' death by agreeing it happens?
Oh, no, I don't believe you see your thoughts and actions as hateful. I'm sure you don't. Neither did my grandfather perceive himself as a racist, since he understood it was God's will to have races separate. He told me himself he believed saved "nigras" we're going to heaven---and God was allocating a separate part of heaven for them. He listened to what his church told him. "It's not important what "nigras" think about what I believe, it's important what the Bible says."

It's not important to you what q u e e r s think, it's important to you what the Bible says.

You should be innocent of any charges of being a bigot, shouldn't you? You aren't hateful if God said it rather than you. It's THEIR problem if they fail to see you loving them.

Mighty white of you.

Old 01-17-2016, 06:27 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Oh, no, I don't believe you see your thoughts and actions as hateful. I'm sure you don't. Neither did my grandfather perceive himself as a racist, since he understood it was God's will to have races separate. He told me himself he believed saved "nigras" we're going to heaven---and God was allocating a separate part of heaven for them. He listened to what his church told him. "It's not important what "nigras" think about what I believe, it's important what the Bible says."

It's not important to you what q u e e r s think, it's important to you what the Bible says.

You should be innocent of any charges of being a bigot, shouldn't you? You aren't hateful if God said it rather than you. It's THEIR problem if they fail to see you loving them.

Mighty white of you.
It would be nice if you could prove your accusations, but I know its easier to vent your anger by simply hissing and spitting out made-up accusations.

Old 01-17-2016, 12:07 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,388,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Absolutely. And it results in both self-hatred and the hatred of others, especially those perceived to be "unrepentant sinners" (like gays) and anyone who isn't a Christian.

Why all of fundamentalist Christianity is not considered a hate group is beyond me. And many children are forced into it by their parents. It's a form of generational abuse that ends up affecting society as a whole.

Well, this is it exactly. I really don't know why anyone needs to be provided with any MORE hateful beliefs than have already been mentioned in this thread. Isn't the fact that the beliefs which are the foundation of many Christian denominations produce such results enough?

Old 01-17-2016, 01:28 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,711,531 times
Quote:
It would be nice if you could prove your accusations, but I know its easier to vent your anger by simply hissing and spitting out made-up accusations.
Mighty white of you.

Old 01-17-2016, 03:25 PM

63,800 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
No, it is not hateful to speak about what the Bible teaches.
There you have it, the universal excuse of the fundamentalists for saying and doing hateful things. The bible is RIFE with hateful things supposedly at the behest of God or by God Himself. It pretty much provides a carte blanche for humanity's hate to be sanctioned and approved by God. All it takes is the appropriate interpretation of the Bible. I weep for humanity and the twisted minds that use the Bible to harm or mistreat others for ANY reason.

Old 01-17-2016, 03:59 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,107,325 times
Quote:
I think the question was about todays church, not about something which happened 60 years ago.
Oh, it didn't end 60 years ago. Racism and Christians? You thought that was over? Not sure where you have spent your life.

I grew in an area, this one to be exact: https://www.urscc.org/ and it wasn't 60 years ago that I was there. Then, I entered the military and have been moving around the country ever since. The most racist people I have met use their "religion" as justification. I am white so they feel at ease in talking with me. I, of course, tell them what I think about their "ideas".

Or, is it that those Christians that want to kill homosexuals and feel people that aren't white are inferior and use the Bible as their reference just aren't "Christians" at all? Are they actually people just filled with these bad feelings and using the Bible to make themselves feel better about the feelings they have? Let's face it the Bible is often used by those following it to justify their superiority to others? Feeling superior has to be a hateful teaching.

Racism is no more absent from the churches than it is from the world in general. Now, they appear to have eased up on the surface since they got all hyped up about homosexuality with SSM.

Again, there should be no hateful teachings in the Bible. But, we have to remember that it is stories passed down over the ages. That is why it is important that God be in your heart so you'll know what is right and what is wrong and don't have to base it on a culture totally different than most of our ancestors ever experienced. The story tellers used to be highly revered, those with the most interesting stories to tell.

Commonsense and listening to your heart..................

Old 01-17-2016, 04:34 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Oh, it didn't end 60 years ago. Racism and Christians? You thought that was over? Not sure where you have spent your life. .
The links you provided to back up your claims was about something that happened 60 years ago. I have lived on three continents, and have not seen such behavior among believers.

Old 01-17-2016, 04:52 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
The links you provided to back up your claims was about something that happened 60 years ago. I have lived on three continents, and have not seen such behavior among believers.
When the blind lead the blind, neither can see the errors of their way.

Old 01-17-2016, 05:12 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,107,325 times
Quote:
Rosemary Radford Ruether column: Racist extremists use Bible verses to justify killing and East Texas Church Still Misuses the Bible to Justify Racist Ideology | TFN Insider

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p9Si-0h4Tc

Of course, you know that the ones on the down low are the same ones that want to kill homosexuals, right? Fundamentalists. You do realize that they are pulling from the Old Testament with their beliefs. They call themselves "Christians" and more interesting is they call many of the other Christian denominations "cults".

Those religions that used the Bible to justify slavery are still using it to justify their racism toward blacks.

Africa: https://godaslove.wordpress.com/2015...-of-gods-word/

Have you ever lived in any of the southern US states or, say, Kansas? Ever been in the military, enlisted? Ever had to work with people that were "born again" and thought everyone else was going to Hell? That is how you get to know Christianity and hate.

But, if I remember correctly, I was hearing in this sub-forum that Christians weren't teaching hate toward homosexuals, right? Yet, I find out that wasn't true. I had never met any Christians that told me they thought homosexuals should be killed but, behold, when researching one of our presidential contenders, I stumble across the religious group that is promoting this. So, I mean, if I can miss that, maybe that is how you didn't come across racists Christians.

Also, why are the homosexuals/gays considered so bad over all the other sinners. I could see if we were talking about child molesters and rapist and putting them out of their misery but why homosexuals/gays? I find that perplexing. I guess just as perplexing is why any one race would be considered by any other to be lesser. God created the human race and some men have used their own mental health issues to spin it into an interpretation of the Bible?

I don't know, this is why I keep God in my heart and not in my head.

This is my last post. I know a lot of you get into debating this but other than questioning what the heck Christians are thinking sometimes, I avoid it. I have peace with my beliefs.

For those wanting to under that minister Kevin Swanson, the loon, these two take an interesting look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-fK8nEamr4

Last edited by AnywhereElse; 01-17-2016 at 05:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity