Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 09:33 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,783,911 times

Advertisements

In John 17 Jesus defines how to abide in Him by abiding and remaining in His word. More than anything else Jesus emphasises the word of God. Those who abide in His word, the word of God, eat His flesh and drink His blood. Without the word of God there is no life. Without the word of God one cannot bear fruit or love His neighbor. Bearing fruit is glorifying God and Jesus which in turn loves your neighbor.

Do you abide in the son of man and use His word?

"If you do not eat the flesh of the son of man and drink His blood there is no life in you."

"Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains (abides) in me and I in Him."

"If you remain (abide) in me and my words remain (abide) in you
, you may ask what you will and it shall be done for you."

"My Father is glorified in your bearing much fruit and becoming my disciple."

"Just as a branch cannot bear fruit apart from the vine can you apart from me."

"Those who abide in me (the word of God) bear much fruit for apart from me (the truth) you can do nothing."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2016, 12:52 PM

You can run from it but you cannot hide.

Anyone who rejects me and does not accept my words he already has his judge namely the words I have spoken that's what will condemn him on the last day.

Old 01-16-2016, 04:34 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,360,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
You can run from it but you cannot hide.

Anyone who rejects me and does not accept my words he already has his judge
namely the words I have spoken that's what will condemn him on the last day.
Such positive words...yes, this would cause someone to embrace the Bible.

There is no last day, btw.

Old 01-17-2016, 03:15 AM

9,688 posts, read 10,006,521 times
A way to abide in Christ is to listen to His spirit so He can abide in you , as if there is sin and demonic curse has came then believers need to discern the confusion for Jesus Holy Spirit and repent of sin and have the demonic curse removed by the authority of the believer or a deliverance prayer from a Pastor or other gifted believer of Jesus ,.............. but all believers with the baptism of Holy spirit will have the power to be redeemed of sin and curses , as this is Jesus protection for His children and the gifts Jesus gives ....................... Other way to abide in Christ is to resist rebellion and divisions which make it hard of Jesus spirit , as some will say ``if you bow to sin then you will burn `` .................so you must protect God spirit on your life , and never water down this rule .................... Other ways is to pray to God as much as possible through out the day and even at night when you wake up at night , as God will talk to people who pray .......Other ways is to hear or read Gods Word and go to church and be counted by Gods spirit and sow a seed of charity for to exercises faith ......All this will help Jesus spirit to abide in you as you abide in Jesus

Old 01-17-2016, 07:03 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,172,148 times
The new and living way.

He came to a nation under the law, and showed everyone (sinner and Pharisee) that righteousness no longer was a result of your obedience but His.

Old 01-17-2016, 07:41 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,485,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Such positive words...yes, this would cause someone to embrace the Bible.

There is no last day, btw.
of course it is never consider it could have a dual meaning .... i.e. your -- l.a.s.t. -- d.a.y.
"The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge;
the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day
." ~ Jesus
but of course you're going to be the exception.

Old 01-17-2016, 09:46 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,360,745 times
Don't know what 'l.a.s.t.' is supposed to mean ..a code?

There is no last day...and if you want to get technical....there is no such
thing as a day or a night ...it's just here in this
silly delusion called the 3rd Dimension.
Keep the mind 'here' and here will be what you get.
Col 3:2 ...focus on the things above, not the things on the earth...

Seems like a riddle to those that don't get it, sorry.

I have many things to tell you but you can not bear (grasp) them now.-Jesus,
last supper...to those that had heard
secrets around the campfire no others had heard for 3 years and seen him turn into light.

Opening the mind is where there is much more to understand.

Old 01-17-2016, 09:57 AM

7,322 posts, read 6,918,341 times
Jesus provides the Holy Spirit so that those under His lordship can abide in Him.
Jesus said, "blessed are they that do hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be filled."
Righteousness is obedience to the Father.
I one is seeking God's will in their life regularly and seriously, God has something to work with , but if some one is superficial or disingenuous God has little reason to respond.

Old 01-17-2016, 11:57 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,342,369 times
He said, love your neighbor as yourself.

Old 01-17-2016, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
He said, love your neighbor as yourself.
He said a lot more than that. If He meant it as you think why would He have said anything else?

He said as the OP says to remain in His word. That is how to love your neighbor as yourself by using the word of God and glorifying God at the same time.

Jesus was sent to do the will of God and spread the truth. He In turn sent His followers in the same way.

It is written in the prophets;

"Speak the truth to one another, judge righteously and let honesty and peace be at your gates."

" My brother's mother and sisters hear the word of God and do it."

"The man who comes to me and hears my word uses it."

"If you continue in my word you are truly my disciple then you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free."

"Let the man who has my word, speak my word, and speak the truth."

"Genuine worshipers worship the Father in spirit and in truth"

"No one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and spirit."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity