Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 02:08 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
You ask me if I am the one getting it wrong--maybe you should read your words--I saw someone who actually thinks--they know more than God and can do it better--I just cant imagine how that could be possible---God sees it all--You see a tiny part of your world--God makes decisions concerning all for all time-- you cant even imagine what that is like.
God sacrificed his son for all--99% reject it.
Even the ones who are supposedly Christian--as soon as the teacher lies and tells them they are saved or born again--they do squat to learn Gods will--His will isn't taught in buildings called--church. And its them who is at fault themselves--If they actually had the required love--they would learn and apply every utterance from God--Jesus said man must do this. His teaching showed it was as important as daily food. But the majority cannot be bothered, because some mortal lied to them and assured them they were saved or born again.
More dishonest sneaking and slithering away from the point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2016, 02:48 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Loving beliefs of the Church?

Telling others they are loved, then it's down hill from there.
Although, there are some individuals who love, unconditionally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Only some? Give us the numbers Jerwade. What percentage of Christians do you judge as less than loving?

From personal experience I can say it is the opposite, it only gets better after hearing God loves us. I can also say that it is heck of a lot more than just 'some' Christians who are loving.

Some days they call us hateful bigots, and other days it's just 'unloving'..... I guess this is one of those good days
If someone has to love his God first, then his love for others is conditional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
We all reflect the God we believe in. It is neither a percentage game or who is right or wrong. I would say it's an acknowledging and the ability to see how God sees.

We are led to believe a lie when we see with, not through the eye. Blake

The communication of our faith becomes effective by the acknowledging of every good thing that is in us that is in Christ. Philemon 1:6 unfortunately your average fundie is to busy acknowledging that which is not in Christ.

Holding thoughts of eternal torment, wrath, damnation, punishment and vengeance suppresses the good in you and expresses the God you believe in.
Indeed, it's not a numbers game. And love does not manifest itself through vengeance.

Old 01-22-2016, 04:01 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,914,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

That sounds real funny coming from one who cannot see.

Old 01-22-2016, 04:17 PM

589 posts, read 331,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
What is the good and loving with the Church and general Christian beliefs? A list would be good, but give me whatever you have.
Love your neighbor as yourself.

Old 01-22-2016, 06:42 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
That sounds real funny coming from one who cannot see.
Yep!!! You are right, Trout, just more "dishonest sneaking and slithering away."

Old 01-24-2016, 08:40 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
If someone has to love his God first, then his love for others is conditional..
Are you going to avoid answering another simple question?

What percentage of Christians do you judge as less than loving?

Old 01-24-2016, 08:48 AM

Jerwade wrote "if one must love his God first then his love is conditional".
What if loving their God first teaches them to love others and aides in this?

Old 01-24-2016, 08:57 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in Christ View Post
Jerwade wrote "if one must love his God first then his love is conditional".
What if loving their God first teaches them to love others and aides in this?
He wrote a deflection, which is something he always does when he cannot explain the stabs he takes at others.

As for your comment, I agree, and there was a thread about the two greatest commandments, where I said the two commandments (love God and love your neighbor) go hand in hand. For example Paul had no godly love for his neighbor until his encounter with Christ. That encounter enabled him to love his neighbor the same way Christ loved his neighbor.

Old 01-24-2016, 09:00 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
He wrote a deflection, which is something he always does when he cannot explain the stabs he takes at others.

As for your comment, I agree, and there was a thread about the two greatest commandments, where I said the two commandments (love God and love your neighbor) go hand in hand. For example Paul had no godly love for his neighbor until his encounter with Christ. That encounter enabled him to love his neighbor the same way Christ loved his neighbor.
Actually you said we had to love God first before we could keep the 2nd commandment. We all know if you trust and know Christ and his love within you, it is not too difficult to live your neighbor as yourself. Believing what the bible says does not mean you live your neighbor as yourself. The devil believes and fears and trembles.

Old 01-24-2016, 09:02 AM

Quote:

Amen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity