Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 08:26 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,192,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Thinking like man dooms the wicked but the righteous are saved by the words they speak from the heart of God.
Does that make me a righteous, free thinking man?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2016, 09:29 PM

63,461 posts, read 39,726,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Riiiiiight!! God created our entire species to become parrots.
Quote:
You don't see the whole picture.
You not only do not see the whole picture, you don't even see the picture!

Old 01-31-2016, 10:26 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,765,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You not only do not see the whole picture, you don't even see the picture!
I know one thing, you do not abide in the word of the One who sent me. Get behind me and you will live.

Old 01-31-2016, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Does that make me a righteous, free thinking man?
It is impossible for man to be saved but everything is possible for god.

Old 02-01-2016, 03:37 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,483,918 times
Quote:
It is impossible for man to be saved but everything is possible for god.
the question is how? for now, the only way I see it being completed is having all the possibilites happening. And that method was set at the moment of the "birth". ying yang, or the ever popular "the ol' in and out"

Old 02-01-2016, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
the question is how? for now, the only way I see it being completed is having all the possibilites happening. And that method was set at the moment of the "birth". ying yang, or the ever popular "the ol' in and out"
"The Lord God does nothing without revealing His secrets to His servant's the prophets."

"The Lord guides the humble to justice and He teaches the meek his way."

"There will be wailing and grinding of the teeth when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of heaven but you yourselves cast out."

"Blessed are you when people revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets before you."

Old 02-05-2016, 01:12 PM

589 posts, read 329,431 times
Any way God doesnt expect us to please him.

Old 02-06-2016, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David in Christ View Post
Any way God doesnt expect us to please him.
Jesus said we are to follow Him and the son of man. What He did pleased God as He stated.

"I do nothing on my own, I only say what the Father has taught me for the One who sent me is with me He has not deserted me because I always do what pleases Him." (Jesus)

So He expects us to please the Father.

Old 02-06-2016, 01:24 PM

589 posts, read 329,431 times
Jesus only expects us to be true to ourself and to our brothers and sisters with love.

Old 02-06-2016, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David in Christ View Post
Jesus only expects us to be true to ourself and to our brothers and sisters with love.
So why does it say in the book of John that He gave the words given to Him to His followers and sent them as He was sent? Why does it say to worship in the truth, the word of God to serve God alone?

Why did He say to remain in His love by keeping His commandments just as He kept His Father's commandments which were the word of God because God commanded Him what to say so in turn we have been commanded what to say?

"I have given them the words you gave me and they have accepted them"

"As you sent me so I have sent them"

"Abide in my love. You will abide in my love if you keep my commandments just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in His love."

"The Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to speak and since I know His commandment is eternal life what I say is spoken just as He instructed me."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity