Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 03:02 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Hi Vizio,
What do you make of Paul saying he suffered reproach for teaching that "God will have all mankind to be saved and that God is the Saviour of all mankind, especially them that believe. THESE THINGS CHARGE AND TEACH."
Just what I said. Paul preached the Gospel that Jesus is a potential savior to all men (not just Jews) and that he will save all that believe.
Quote:
Do you charge and teach God will have all mankind to be saved because Christ ransomed all (1 Timothy 2:4-6)? Do you suffer reproach? Or do you prefer the praises of parishoners over the praises of your Lord?

And do you charge and teach that God IS the saviour of all mankind, especially (not just) them that believe (1 Tim.4:10,11).
The Bible doesn't teach that all will be saved. On the contrary, it specifically states that those that don't believe are condemned already.
Quote:
You believe many other verses in the Bible and teach them. Why not believe God concerning these harder verses?
As I said...I do believe them. Specifically John 3:18. Is there a reason YOU don't believe it?
Quote:
Oh, and Paul told Timothy to bring the parchments, ESPECIALLY the vellums. So did Paul only get the vellums?
Why would he? He specifically told Timothy to bring them all. He wasn't talking about the possibility of them being brought. Completely different context.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2016, 03:11 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
Contextually, Jesus was talking before "It was finished" so his meaning might be a little different than you think since he was saying they are "condemned already". Plus, many URs believe that condemnation in this case would only include just being kept out of the millennial Kingdom rather than eternity. Plus, not matter how you cut it, Eternal torture is insane! (Self applause)...Man, I haven't debated UR in a while.. I need to get back in shape ...but I suppose I'll let Eusebius do most of the work since I don't have alot of time at the moment.
when a Christian is sold out to the idea that the bible is a God breathed, God dictated inerrant infallible book it is nigh on impossible to reason with them. The next best thing is to play them at their own game of going to the so called original translations which they are willing to do until it contradicts their beliefs in the English translation. A free thinking mind on the other hand does not need to have something Greeked or Hebrewed to death to see that which is reasonable.

Old 02-03-2016, 03:44 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,918,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
And commanded that it should be taught Is rejected by a huge portion of Christendom?.

Faithful is this saying and deserving of universal acceptance: and here is the motive of our toiling and wrestling, because we have our hopes fixed on the ever-living God, who is the Saviour of all mankind, and especially of believers. 1 Tim 4:9- 11

Paul was not toiling to get folk saved to heaven but for them to know that they are saved and in knowing it their experience would be heaven. Thy Kingdom come in me is heaven.

Paul didn't mention heaven--- so where did you get it?

Old 02-03-2016, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Paul didn't mention heaven--- so where did you get it?
I didn't. Neither did he mention earth.

Old 02-03-2016, 04:30 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,918,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I didn't. Neither did he mention earth.

Jesus taught--the great multitude will inherit the earth( Matt 5:5)--its the little flock( Luke 12:32) who are promised heaven. At Rev 14:3--144,000( literal) bought from the earth.
Even the psalmist knew--earth was where the righteous will dwell forever--Psalm 37:9,11,29

Old 02-03-2016, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Jesus taught--the great multitude will inherit the earth( Matt 5:5)--its the little flock( Luke 12:32) who are promised heaven. At Rev 14:3--144,000( literal) bought from the earth.
Even the psalmist knew--earth was where the righteous will dwell forever--Psalm 37:9,11,29
He(Jesus)taught he is the way to the Father. I am a seeker of the Father not heaven or earth, for where God is there is heaven.

Old 02-03-2016, 04:46 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,865,381 times
"For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive."
1 Cor 15:22

Old 02-03-2016, 07:55 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
"For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive."
1 Cor 15:22
Read the rest of that passage.

23 But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ’s at His coming, 24 then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power. 25 For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet. 26 The last enemy that will be abolished is death. 27 For He has put all things in subjection under His feet. But when He says, “All things are put in subjection,” it is evident that He is excepted who put all things in subjection to Him. 28 When all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also will be subjected to the One who subjected all things to Him, so that God may be all in all.

*Remember, Paul is writing to the church.

Old 02-03-2016, 10:35 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,379,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Read the rest of that passage.

23 But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ’s at His coming, 24 then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power. 25 For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet. 26 The last enemy that will be abolished is death. 27 For He has put all things in subjection under His feet. But when He says, “All things are put in subjection,” it is evident that He is excepted who put all things in subjection to Him. 28 When all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also will be subjected to the One who subjected all things to Him, so that God may be all in all.

*Remember, Paul is writing to the church.
Um..yeah. That really doesn't help your anti-UR argument... URs quote this entire passage all the time

Old 02-03-2016, 10:47 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
Um..yeah. That really doesn't help your anti-UR argument... URs quote this entire passage all the time
Good. Maybe they'll realize Paul isn't saying what they think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity