Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2016, 06:16 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelystone View Post
Until you know Jesus you know nothing………… other than the fact you have not received any atonement for your many sins
Is there a difference between knowing the bible and knowing Jesus? If yes, what is the difference?.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2016, 07:50 AM

598 posts, read 358,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Is there a difference between knowing the bible and knowing Jesus? If yes, what is the difference?.
Either He is in me and I am in Him……… or not!

If He is in me He will prove Himself stong on my behalf answering prayers with signs and wonders that can only be done by God

And He does !!!!!!!!!!!!

This is faith with works !!!!!!!!

You say you have faith?

Then prove your faith to me through the works God has done though you…………. then I will belive He is in you

Witnessed GOD healing any terminally ill persons lately?

Have you ever witnessed a dead person raised back to life

I have but I question if you have?

Show show me your faith by works says both James and myself……………. Fair enough?

James 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

James 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

James 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

Old 02-15-2016, 07:54 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Until Moses was done being prepared for the job of leading them, God did nothing for the sufferings of all the people no matter how hard they cried to God.
And you get this from where?...

Quote:
Same thing with the church today crying for God to intervene but until those who are being prepared are through being prepared, God is not going to do anything
So...What is it that you think they are being prepared for?...

Quote:
The Jews in bondage to their flesh in Egypt are a prophecy of the church today still in bondage to their flesh and still in need of leaders who can hear and will obey God………. not like the pastors who have led the church for the last 1900 years but like what a modern day Moses would do
First of all, the JEWS were never in Egypt...And the rest of what you said is just a bunch of analogous BS...

Quote:
(This is why of the seven times pastors are spoken of in the OT, only once were they spoken of being acceptable to God (Jeremiah speaking for himself does not count because the prophecy is about the latter days
There are no such thing as PASTORS in the Tanakh...Where in the world are you getting your theological education from?...

Quote:
First you need to acknowledge your sins and your need for Jesus to save you from whatever judgement you are deserving of…………..
And what sins may that be?...I mean since Torah has been done away with and we are under Grace, what sins could I be guilty of?...Really...

Quote:
eventually you will bow before Him the same as everyone else will
For everything written in the New Testament there should be support in the Tanakh regarding it...Show me...

Quote:
Then you can start your journey to the real promise land, not the OT one that was only a prophecy of what is to come in the latter days

Old 02-15-2016, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Until you know Jesus you know nothing………… other than the fact you have not received any atonement for your many sins
Oh...Dear LS, you really have no clue who you are talking to...

Old 02-15-2016, 08:07 AM

Quote:
He's not...
Quote:
If He is in me He will prove Himself stong on my behalf answering prayers with signs and wonders that can only be done by God

Quote:
And He does !!!!!!!!!!!!
You mind may THINK that he does...

Quote:
No...It is not faith with works...

Quote:
You say you have faith?
Yes...

Quote:
Then prove your faith to me through the works God has done though you…………. then I will belive He is in you
That is not what is meant in James...And James explains what true faith is...

Quote:
No...And neither have you...Even if you have gone to a Benny Hinn show...

Quote:
No...And neither have you...If so...Who?...Where?...I want to talk to this person...Then, maybe i'll believe the BS that you are shoveling...

Quote:
No...You haven't...And you know that...

Quote:

James 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

James 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

Again...Quoting James proves nothing...Because what he actually says does not line up with what you are stating...It's like the Pentecostals that claim if you can't speak in tongues then you are not really saved and are still headed straight for hell...

Old 02-15-2016, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
And you get this from where?...

So...What is it that you think they are being prepared for?...

First of all, the JEWS were never in Egypt...And the rest of what you said is just a bunch of analogous BS...

There are no such thing as PASTORS in the Tanakh...Where in the world are you getting your theological education from?...

And what sins may that be?...I mean since Torah has been done away with and we are under Grace, what sins could I be guilty of?...Really...

For everything written in the New Testament there should be support in the Tanakh regarding it...Show me...
Every thing you have said in both of your postsis pure Baloney………. and this is saying it VERY kindly as to not offend forum rules

Old 02-15-2016, 11:36 AM

Quote:

And He does !!!!!!!!!!!!

You say you have faith?

Very nice, but can you answer my question. Thanks.

Old 02-15-2016, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Very nice, but can you answer my question. Thanks.
Do you understand what two becoming one is in the Bible?

It is what "knowing" someone in the Bible is all about!

What part of my words first said in my reply to you are not perfectly clear??? …..
Quote:
.Either He is in me and I am in Him……… or not!
My Father proves my faith through His works responding to prayers from me to Him, that I know Him, and He knows me

Fair enough?

Old 02-15-2016, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Do you understand what two becoming one is in the Bible?

It is what "knowing" someone in the Bible is all about!

What part of my words first said in my reply to you are not perfectly clear??? …..

My Father proves my faith through His works responding to prayers from me to Him, that I know Him, and He knows me

Fair enough?
Two becoming one is when one of the two becomes aware that they were always one.

Is there a difference between knowing the bible and knowing Jesus?, if yes, what is the difference?.

Old 02-15-2016, 05:11 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Two becoming one is when one of the two becomes aware that they were always one.

Is there a difference between knowing the bible and knowing Jesus?, if yes, what is the difference?.
You can't tell the difference between a book and a living being? ...you know - actually having a relationship...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity