U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-06-2016, 03:59 PM
 
598 posts, read 241,602 times
Reputation: 71

Advertisements

God is spirit and His Word is spirit

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Jesus is the Word of God made flesh

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The seed of the sower is the word of God and spoken of by Jesus who is God incarnate

Luke 8:11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.

Matthew 13:23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

The Bible is the Word of God spoken through men inspired of God. God has preserved His Word in the little book only the Holy Spirit from Jesus can open (Re.5: 1-5 KJV). The Testimony of Christ is the Spirit of Prophecy within the Word of God given to those who understand the Word of God that will become their flesh the same as it became the flesh of Jesus

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Revelation 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy

Members here who are Bible bashers are not qualified to teach on the things of God. The only way the fullness of Christ can be formed in a Christian that is the high calling of our profession, is to assimilate the Word of God as it appears in the Holy Bible understanding it through the Holy Spirit of God that is the testimony of Jesus witnessed through the Spirit of Prophecy .

Which Bible does one use? The same Bible that God has allowed to become the most commonly read and used Bible of all time

For those who think the God and Everlasting Father of all believers who is the creator of all things (and all things serve Him) cannot or has not sufficiently preserved His word to allows us who love Him and worship Him to learn all about Him do not even begin to understand the truth of God's Will for us. Instead these persons have become blasphemers of the Holy Spirit spoken in words heard coming from His Son, His prophets, apostles, and scribes as preserved by God in the Holy Bible

Blessings to all

Last edited by Livelystone; 02-06-2016 at 04:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-06-2016, 04:21 PM
 
7,880 posts, read 6,689,081 times
Reputation: 1374
Still there are many bible bashers which do teach the Word of God and some spend people time not teaching the gospel of Christ , and many water down salvation and confess it blaspheme to teach salvation , and are the greater critics of Jesus Christ , but with freedom of religion there is nothing Christians can do to stop the people who deny Jesus and His purpose , except pray that Jesus will have a plan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2016, 04:24 PM
 
20,326 posts, read 15,692,216 times
Reputation: 7451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelystone View Post
God is spirit and His Word is spirit

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Jesus is the Word of God made flesh

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The seed of the sower is the word of God and spoken of by Jesus who is God incarnate

Luke 8:11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.

Matthew 13:23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

The Bible is the Word of God spoken through men inspired of God. God has preserved His Word in the little book only the Holy Spirit from Jesus can open (Re.5: 1-5 KJV). The Testimony of Christ is the Spirit of Prophecy within the Word of God given to those who understand the Word of God that will become their flesh the same as it became the flesh of Jesus

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Revelation 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy

Members here who are Bible bashers are not qualified to teach on the things of God. The only way the fullness of Christ can be formed in a Christian that is the high calling of our profession, is to assimilate the Word of God as it appears in the Holy Bible understanding it through the Holy Spirit of God that is the testimony of Jesus witnessed through the Spirit of Prophecy .

Which Bible does one use? The same Bible that God has allowed to become the most commonly read and used Bible of all time

For those who think the God and Everlasting Father of all believers who is the creator of all things (and all things serve Him) cannot or has not sufficiently preserved His word to allows us who love Him and worship Him to learn all about Him do not even begin to understand the truth of God's Will for us, and have become blasphemers of the Holy Spirit spoken in words coming from His Son, His prophets, apostles, and scribes as preserved by God and for us

Blessings to all
Yes, the Bible is the written word of God, and God has preserved His word. Regarding the New Testament documents, New Testament textual critics (scholars who study and compare the extant New Testament manuscript copies) state that the New Testament we have today is 99 percent or more faithful to the original autographs.

I'm not certain however to what you refer when you answer your own question pertaining to which Bible does one use by saying, ''the same Bible that God has allowed to become the most commonly read and used Bible of all time.'' But I suspect that you are referring to the King James Bible. If you are a King James only advocate, I will have to disagree with you regarding that particular issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2016, 04:51 PM
 
589 posts, read 229,731 times
Reputation: 36
Wroooooong!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2016, 04:54 PM
 
598 posts, read 241,602 times
Reputation: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Yes, the Bible is the written word of God, and God has preserved His word. Regarding the New Testament documents, New Testament textual critics (scholars who study and compare the extant New Testament manuscript copies) state that the New Testament we have today is 99 percent or more faithful to the original autographs.

I'm not certain however to what you refer when you answer your own question pertaining to which Bible does one use by saying, ''the same Bible that God has allowed to become the most commonly read and used Bible of all time.'' But I suspect that you are referring to the King James Bible. If you are a King James only advocate, I will have to disagree with you regarding that particular issue.
I understand from your posts you are an astute student of Word deserving of recognition.

I am not a King James only advocate as there is no substitute for the words spoken in the original language of the time. However, it is my overall Bible of choice and if I could only have one Bible it would be a KJV.

For me there seems to be more in the way of repetition of words arranged in the KJV in a manner that gets my attention to get deep and go for what is being hidden only able to be found by using the laws of for determining the truth first given to Moses and repeated by the prophet Isaiah in chapter 28, to determine the message and God's intent shared through the scribe writing the passage.

Besides a selection of Lexicons I employ an 1828 English dictionary for help in getting the meaning of many words that are spelled the same today but have significantly different meanings today then they did when originally translated into

I wrote the book "Modern Day Prophet" that the second chapter explains in detail how I use these laws first given to Moses to unlock all of the mysteries of the Bible as well as how David, and other OT & NT chosen of God individuals, through studying the law were able to discern the future. If you like send me an e-mail address and I will send back a e-book copy of it. (This offer is open to all who post here, just respect my e-mail address as you would have me to respect yours)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2016, 04:59 PM
 
598 posts, read 241,602 times
Reputation: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Still there are many bible bashers which do teach the Word of God and some spend people time not teaching the gospel of Christ , and many water down salvation and confess it blaspheme to teach salvation , and are the greater critics of Jesus Christ , but with freedom of religion there is nothing Christians can do to stop the people who deny Jesus and His purpose , except pray that Jesus will have a plan
Without a doubt

Most persons teach the "falling away" from the truth is something just starting or in the last century . I teach it started with the death off the last Apostle, and within a generation or two after them there was little truth left beyond the simple milk of the Word
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2016, 05:06 PM
 
37,615 posts, read 25,307,232 times
Reputation: 5860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelystone View Post
Without a doubt

Most persons teach the "falling away" from the truth is something just starting or in the last century . I teach it started with the death off the last Apostle, and within a generation or two after them there was little truth left beyond the simple milk of the Word
Amen. They keep thinking the anti-Christ apostate majority will be some time in our future, but it has already taken place. 2000+ years after Christ is about as "latter days" as it gets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2016, 06:27 PM
 
Location: Texas
1,279 posts, read 1,151,572 times
Reputation: 1333
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Amen. They keep thinking the anti-Christ apostate majority will be some time in our future, but it has already taken place. 2000+ years after Christ is about as "latter days" as it gets.
About time you made some sense. Did someone hack your account?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2016, 06:42 PM
 
10,550 posts, read 4,166,067 times
Reputation: 1194
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Still there are many bible bashers which do teach the Word of God and some spend people time not teaching the gospel of Christ , and many water down salvation and confess it blaspheme to teach salvation , and are the greater critics of Jesus Christ , but with freedom of religion there is nothing Christians can do to stop the people who deny Jesus and His purpose , except pray that Jesus will have a plan
jesus is ok with how some of deny him. he is not what some claim. But he is what he is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2016, 06:44 PM
 
589 posts, read 229,731 times
Reputation: 36
Jesus doesnt care most of the time.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top