Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 12:35 PM

86 posts, read 56,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Since you're denying that my replies addressed this sentence of yours, obviously
I misunderstood the sentence ? So can you explain it to me ?

Sentence:

The point is, we are not being blessed and brought to God through them (the Jews)
today as was the case in the previous dispensation, and will be again in the next dispensation.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/42948067-post6.html

Specifically how was "the previous dispensation" a Jewish one, and how again will
the next "dispensation" be Jewish ?
I am not sure we are understanding each other. As for the former dispensation, God chose the nation Israel and gave them the law and it was through them that the nations could come to God. Today things are not the same. There is "one new man" made up of both Jew and Gentile. In the next dispensation, when the kingdom is restored to Israel they will be the blessing to the nations God had wanted them to be prior to their rejection of their messiah and the setting aside of Israel for this dispensation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2016, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
I understand, but I disagree. Jesus himself said we would face trials and persecution. The typical question goes something like this: "If God is so good and so powerful, then why does bad stuff happen to good people?" Fair enough, but I think it's the wrong question. I think the right question goes more like this: "How could a holy and righteous God know my every thought, word, and deed.... and still let me live through the night?" The short answer is because of God's mercy. He is patient, as in 2 Peter 3:9 that states: "The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance."

And remember, Satan is bound only from deceiving the nations. The Gospel has reached almost every corner of the planet.
So let me ask you a question. What exactly is "the gospel"?

Old 02-10-2016, 12:55 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,586,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantfindagoodname View Post
In the next dispensation, when the kingdom is restored to Israel they will be the blessing to the nations God
what are you referring to ? It cannot be the Second Coming.

Old 02-10-2016, 12:59 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
Quote:
Revelation 20

I believe that the binding of Satan happened at the cross. He is bound from deceiving the nations only, not carrying on with other wickedness. I believe the millennial reign of Christ to be a symbolic thousand years, not a literal period with a parade and inauguration He's only coming back one more time, and that is to bring in the new heaven and new earth. There is no rapture. If you die before he comes back, you go to heaven and return with Him. If you are alive when He comes back, you are changed, from corruptible to incorruptible. Then there is judgment.
The twelve tribes is symbolic of all believers. 144,000= 12 x 12 x 1,000.......a great multitude.

There are four primary eschatological views, mine is Amillenialism, already, not yet.
I think you are selective about what you believe. For instance, you say Christ setting up the 1000 year reign is symbolic but Christ ruling on the new earth is literal.

The Bible does not say Satan was bound from deceiving the nations when Christ died. We note in the news daily that the nations are deceived by various religions and a desire to destroy Israel and behead Christians etc.

There is likewise no verse in the bible that if a believer dies he will go to heaven and return with Christ.

The 144,000 are those, 12,000 from each tribe of Israel, who come to Christ when He sets foot on Mt. Zion when He sets up His millennial reign.

Old 02-10-2016, 02:28 PM

1,290 posts, read 2,568,469 times
Quote:
So let me ask you a question. What exactly is "the gospel"?

The gospel is news, about what God has done, through Christ, on the cross, through grace, for the redemption of those who believe. (Romans 9:33)

Old 02-10-2016, 02:35 PM

1,290 posts, read 2,568,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I think you are selective about what you believe. For instance, you say Christ setting up the 1000 year reign is symbolic but Christ ruling on the new earth is literal.

The Bible does not say Satan was bound from deceiving the nations when Christ died. We note in the news daily that the nations are deceived by various religions and a desire to destroy Israel and behead Christians etc.

There is likewise no verse in the bible that if a believer dies he will go to heaven and return with Christ.

The 144,000 are those, 12,000 from each tribe of Israel, who come to Christ when He sets foot on Mt. Zion when He sets up His millennial reign.
The thousand years is symbolic. The crucifixion was obviously more than 1,000 years ago. Revelation 21 is the new heaven and earth, new Jerusalem....which is not a literal city, btw. The modern day, geopolitical state of Israel is not the true Israel. The 12 tribes? I have my notes on that at home, and will get back to you in the morning.
You have a dispensational Zionist view of eschatology. I'm not saying you are wrong, you're just different. I am no expert by any stretch, so I apologize in advance if anything I say on this subject comes across wrong.
Peace!

Old 02-10-2016, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
what are you referring to ? It cannot be the Second Coming.
The dispensation will change with the rapture of the church and the beginning of the tribulation. That is when things go back to where they left off in Israels prophetic promises which have been on hold since this mystery dispensation began. In the prophetic timeline this dispensation was never revealed. We are in a parenthetical time period that paused the prophetic events that were unfolding. They pick back up when our time is up.

Old 02-10-2016, 05:36 PM

Quote:
The gospel is news, about what God has done, through Christ, on the cross, through grace, for the redemption of those who believe. (Romans 9:33)
That's about right. Just checking. If I knew how to add a picture to a post I would share what I carry with me all the time to explain this. Here is a link to it. https://s.yimg.com/fz/api/res/1.2/q0...f_prophecy.gif

Old 02-10-2016, 08:11 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
That's about right. Just checking. If I knew how to add a picture to a post I would share what I carry with me all the time to explain this. Here is a link to it. https://s.yimg.com/fz/api/res/1.2/q0...f_prophecy.gif
To post a picture just do the following.

[IMG]The url of the picture[/IMG]

Example:

[ IMG]http://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OIP.M2f1694435c9c8f4b061261537be07fc6H0&w=3 00&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0[/IMG]
^
But without the space that I put in after the first bracket. The space was necessary to prevent the picture from coming up instead of the example. Without the space, this would have come up.

Old 02-10-2016, 08:56 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,162,246 times
Rightly dividing the Word is the only way you can understand the book......very simple really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity