Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 07:36 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelystone View Post
It also says Israel is God's firstborn son
Correct
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2016, 07:36 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelystone View Post
It also says Israel is God's firstborn son
Yea...In the Tanakh...So, what's your point?...

Old 02-15-2016, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
"When a righteous man turns from righteousness to do inequity he shall die."

"When a wicked man turns from wickedness and does what is right and just he shall live,"
What point are you trying to make here?...

Old 02-15-2016, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
What point are you trying to make here?...
The point is that when someone joins themselves to the Lord and serves Him becoming a part of Israel, God's son, they must continue to serve Him in spirit and truth in order to remain a Jew.

Old 02-15-2016, 08:40 AM

Quote:
The point is that when someone joins themselves to the Lord and serves Him becoming a part of Israel, God's son, they must continue to serve Him in spirit and truth in order to remain a Jew.
You may want to study up on Judaism...See why we believe what we believe...

In Isaiah 56, it details what a Gentile is supposed to do in order to join himself to G-d...It's in B&W...Right there...

1.So says the Lord, "Keep justice and practice righteousness, for My salvation is near to come, and My benevolence to be revealed."

2.Fortunate is the man who will do this and the person who will hold fast to it, he who keeps the Sabbath from profaning it and guards his hand from doing any evil.
Rashi's Commentary:

who will do this: who observes the Sabbath, etc.
3.Now let not the foreigner who joined the Lord, say, "The Lord will surely separate me from His people," and let not the eunuch say, "Behold, I am a dry tree."
Rashi's Commentary:

“The Lord will surely separate me from His people,â€: Why should I become converted? Will not the Holy One, blessed be He, separate me from His people when He pays their reward.

Let not the eunnuch say: Why should I better my ways and my deeds? I am like a withered tree, for lack of remembrance.

4.For so says the Lord to the eunuchs who will keep My Sabbaths and will choose what I desire and hold fast to My covenant,
Rashi's Commentary:

and hold fast: Heb. וּמַחֲזִיקִים, and hold fast.

5."I will give them in My house and in My walls a place and a name, better than sons and daughters; an everlasting name I will give him, which will not be discontinued.

6.And the foreigners who join with the Lord to serve Him and to love the name of the Lord, to be His servants, everyone who observes the Sabbath from profaning it and who holds fast to My covenant

7.I will bring them to My holy mount, and I will cause them to rejoice in My house of prayer, their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be acceptable upon My altar, for My house shall be called a house of prayer for all peoples.

Rashi's Commentary:

for all peoples: Not only for Israel, but also for the proselytes.
8.So says the Lord God, Who gathers in the dispersed of Israel, I will yet gather others to him, together with his gathered ones.

Rashi's Commentary:

I will yet gather: of the heathens ([Mss. and K’li Paz:] of the nations) who will convert and join them. (

together with his gathered ones: In addition to the gathered ones of Israel.)

9.All the beasts of the field, come to devour all the beasts in the forest.
Rashi's Commentary:

All the beasts of the field: All the proselytes of the heathens ([Mss. and K’li Paz:] All the nations) come and draw near to Me, and you shall devour all the beasts in the forest, the mighty of the heathens ([Mss. and K’li Paz:] the mighty of the nations) who hardened their heart and refrained from converting.

the beasts of the field: [The beast of the field is not as strong as the beast of the forest.] The beast of the field is weaker and of weaker strength than the beast of the forest. Since he stated, “I will yet gather others to him,†he stated this verse.
10.His lookouts are all blind, they do not know, dumb dogs who cannot bark; they lie slumbering, loving to slumber.
Rashi's Commentary:

His lookouts are all blind: Since he said, “Seek the Lord,†and the entire section, and they do not heed, he returns and says, Behold the prophets cry out to them ([Mss.:] to you) and announce concerning repentance, so that it will be good for them. Yet their leaders are all like blind men, and they do not see the results, like a lookout appointed to see the approaching army, to warn the people, but he is blind, unable to see whether the army is coming, and dumb, unable to warn the people, like a dog that was appointed to guard the house, but he is dumb, unable to bark. Similarly, the leaders of Israel do not warn them to repent to do good.

they lie slumbering: Heb. הֹזִים. Dunash (Teshuvoth Dunash p. 24) explained: lying sound asleep, and Jonathan rendered: lying slumbering, and there is no comparable word in Scripture.

11.And the dogs are of greedy disposition, they know not satiety; and they are shepherds who know not to understand; they all turned to their way, each one to his gain, every last one.
Rashi's Commentary:

And the dogs are of greedy disposition: wanting to fill their stomachs [engrote talent in O.F.], sick with hunger.

and they are shepherds: Just as the dogs know no satiety, neither do the shepherds know to understand what will occur at the end of days.

they all: turned to the way of their benefit, each one to his gain, to rob the rest of the people over whom they are appointed.

every last one: Heb. מִקָּצֵהוּ, [lit. from its end.] Comp. (Gen. 19:4) “all the people from the end (מִקָּצֶה),†from one end of their number until its other end, they all behave in this manner.

12."Come, I will take wine, and let us guzzle old wine, and tomorrow shall be like this, [but] greater [and] much more."

Rashi's Commentary:

Come, I will take wine
: So would they say to one another.

and tomorrow shall be like this: with feasting and drinking.

Old 02-15-2016, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Israel does not refer to Jesus, it refers to the nation of Israel...

Old 02-15-2016, 11:25 AM

598 posts, read 358,036 times
Quote:
Yea...In the Tanakh...So, what's your point?...
Jesus is God's firstborn son, Who is a many member body made up of followers of Jesus

I gave you the link to true Torah Jews so you could see through their words there is no "promise land" for the Jews until their Messiah leads them into it through Tabernacles when the Jews were supposed to enetr in but because of them not trusting God they spent 4 decades in the wilderness waiting for those who denied God His due to die off

Here it is again

True Torah Jews | Against Zionism

Old 02-15-2016, 11:29 AM

598 posts, read 358,036 times
Quote:
The above statement is a false witness to the truth of God

Old 02-15-2016, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965
Where did I say anything about Jesus?

The nation of Israel is not the nation of Israel that the world thinks of. The nation of Israel is the servant of God, the son of man.

Old 02-17-2016, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Where did I say anything about Jesus?

The nation of Israel is not the nation of Israel that the world thinks of. The nation of Israel is the servant of God, the son of man.
No...no it's not...Don't try to play games with me...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity