Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 04:36 PM

4,685 posts, read 6,133,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
Dear MQ,
The problem with Easter, is that when the angel of death comes again, they will find egg yoke on the lintel post instead of blood. I am thinking that angel will come right into that domicile, and make himself right at home.
Soon we will have the Passover Ham and the Feast of Unleavened Eggs and a wiki page will say it is for Christ and okay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2016, 05:34 AM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Well, all of you who are facing chronic insomnia because of Easter's timing or name or associated traditions need to start an organization or picket churches or something to get centuries of these evil practices overturned. Only then, I fear, will you get over this enough to begin to focus on loving your neighbors.

Old 02-17-2016, 06:33 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
^That only does any good AFTER you believe the right things......didn't you know?

Old 02-17-2016, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Well, all of you who are facing chronic insomnia because of Easter's timing or name or associated traditions need to start an organization or picket churches or something to get centuries of these evil practices overturned. Only then, I fear, will you get over this enough to begin to focus on loving your neighbors.
God help those who use the bible as a standard of truth over Roman Catholic doctrines and traditions.

God specifically said DO NOT worship him in the same exact manner that the pagans worshiped their gods, as it is an abomination to him, yet many Christians in the coming months will welcome the Easter bunny & egg hunts as a way to remember Jesus. Yep, an egg laying rabbit will help us to remember the death, burial and resurrection of the Messiah.

Only then, I fear, will you to begin to focus on loving God and then your neighbors.

Old 02-17-2016, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
God help those who use the bible as a standard of truth over Roman Catholic doctrines and traditions.

Or...you could come along with those of us who follow the via media of Scripture, Tradition, and REASON.

Quote:
God specifically said DO NOT worship him in the same exact manner that the pagans worshiped their gods, as it is an abomination to him, yet many Christians in the coming months will welcome the Easter bunny & egg hunts as a way to remember Jesus. Yep, an egg laying rabbit will help us to remember the death, burial and resurrection of the Messiah.

Only then, I fear, will you to begin to focus on loving God and then your neighbors.
Now you're being silly. Nobody on the planet does the bunny and egg hunt thing as a "way to remember Jesus".

And...you're the first person I ever heard say that they believed the rabbit lays eggs. Hmm.

Old 02-17-2016, 12:50 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
What a rabbit lays look something like eggs.

Old 02-17-2016, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Or...you could come along with those of us who follow the via media of Scripture, Tradition, and REASON.

Now you're being silly. Nobody on the planet does the bunny and egg hunt thing as a "way to remember Jesus".

And...you're the first person I ever heard say that they believed the rabbit lays eggs. Hmm.
Wait about one month and start to watch the quotes being listed from RCC websites like this one: "Easter bunnies and egg hunts are reminders of new life in springtime, and they can be linked to new life in Christ."

And lets not play dumb about the rabbit and the eggs. Just growing up as a child, the tv would be flooded with commercials every year of the cadburry bunny getting off their nest and a bunch of chocolate eggs are under it, or just being at Easter egg hunts with a huge rabbit handing out eggs. Rabbits and eggs dont go together and its obvious its a pagan tradition carried on.

The Easter egg hunt, the sunrise service, the bunny and egg activities for the children... this must be what Christ meant when He said to "do this in remembrance of Me", right? As far as the origin of these celebrations, you must be blind to say they are not from pagan origins and Christened by the early church.

Old 02-17-2016, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Wait about one month and start to watch the quotes being listed from RCC websites like this one: "Easter bunnies and egg hunts are reminders of new life in springtime, and they can be linked to new life in Christ."

And lets not play dumb about the rabbit and the eggs. Just growing up as a child, the tv would be flooded with commercials every year of the cadburry bunny getting off their nest and a bunch of chocolate eggs are under it, or just being at Easter egg hunts with a huge rabbit handing out eggs. Rabbits and eggs dont go together and its obvious its a pagan tradition carried on.

The Easter egg hunt, the sunrise service, the bunny and egg activities for the children... this must be what Christ meant when He said to "do this in remembrance of Me", right? As far as the origin of these celebrations, you must be blind to say they are not from pagan origins and Christened by the early church.

What??? I never said eggs and rabbits aren't from pagan origins. Of course they are. Are you confusing me with somebody else?

I'm saying WHO CARES? Such trivial things to get so upset over.

Yes, the early church likely allowed old traditions to continue or be incorporated into celebrations as long as they caused no harm.

This is just not important in the grand scheme of things.

You relish in self-righteousness and pride yourself on being unkind to other people, but feel you'll get a pass because you don't eat Cadbury eggs? Really?

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 02-17-2016 at 03:30 PM..

Old 02-17-2016, 04:08 PM

Quote:
What??? I never said eggs and rabbits aren't from pagan origins. Of course they are. Are you confusing me with somebody else?

I'm saying WHO CARES? Such trivial things to get so upset over.

Yes, the early church likely allowed old traditions to continue or be incorporated into celebrations as long as they caused no harm.

This is just not important in the grand scheme of things.

You relish in self-righteousness and pride yourself on being unkind to other people, but feel you'll get a pass because you don't eat Cadbury eggs? Really?

Christians should care, as God said do not worship him in the same manner that the pagans worshiped their Gods. So God was quite clear not to copy pagan practices and try to worship him in the same way. But as long as its a RCC tradition, no matter how bad the origins, examining the meaning of why you do what you do, it doesnt seem to matter

This dont care mentality is what has allowed so many lies to be taught and passed own as truth in Christianity for so long. Its like there are no sort of biblical standards now, and will just slap Jesus name on top of anything and think its okay, even though it has nothing to do with him.

The early church followed biblical traditions that where passed down, not pagan ones that some Christians hold firm to.

There is nothing self righteous about what im saying. The truth hurts and many Christians dont like to be told they are wrong, since most of what they think they are doing, is exactly what God said they shouldnt do.

Rabbits and egg hunts, have nothing to do with Christ, or being part of the death, burial, and resurrection of him, no matter how cute we think its for the kids. It no wonder most kids can defend their faith or abandon their churches for worldly ways after the age of 17 or18, they have no sort of spiritual ground to stand on.

Old 02-17-2016, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Christians should care, as God said do not worship him in the same manner that the pagans worshiped their Gods. So God was quite clear not to copy pagan practices and try to worship him in the same way. But as long as its a RCC tradition, no matter how bad the origins, examining the meaning of why you do what you do, it doesnt seem to matter

This dont care mentality is what has allowed so many lies to be taught and passed own as truth in Christianity for so long. Its like there are no sort of biblical standards now, and will just slap Jesus name on top of anything and think its okay, even though it has nothing to do with him.

The early church followed biblical traditions that where passed down, not pagan ones that some Christians hold firm to.

There is nothing self righteous about what im saying. The truth hurts and many Christians dont like to be told they are wrong, since most of what they think they are doing, is exactly what God said they shouldnt do.

Rabbits and egg hunts, have nothing to do with Christ, or being part of the death, burial, and resurrection of him, no matter how cute we think its for the kids. It no wonder most kids can defend their faith or abandon their churches for worldly ways after the age of 17 or18, they have no sort of spiritual ground to stand on.
RCC tradition? I've never been Catholic. You do know that many bible-based, Protestant conservative churchgoing families color eggs and eat candy and still manage to discern between the fluff and the core beliefs of Christianity, don't you?

You are just like "most Christians", those very people you sneer down upon from your self-constructed pedestal. You don't want to be told you are wrong. That is exactly what self-righteousness is, believing you are so much better than everyone else that you can sit in judgment on others and claim you somehow speak for God. Can't you see yourself?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity