Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2016, 12:52 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,863,190 times

Advertisements

Does the Bible lifting up the "son of man" indicate that all people are righteous?

(As opposed to "son of god".)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2016, 03:02 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
The son of man , who is God and human incarnated because man is not righteous .............and because of this difference with the character of God who is righteous ,................ so man will die in his sins ,............ so Jesus who is the son of man from Matthew 26:63-64, came to redeem people of sin ............, so then the crime of the cross became God judgment for all men who will seek God and turn away from unrighteousness and become one with God as his family ...................... Where universalism denies the Gospel of faith in Jesus to be redeemed directly by God so they can have the righteousness of Jesus to be one with God ,.................... universalism puts off later the salvation for everyone as God will renege Jesus out by some exaggerated love and eliminate the gospel of Christ and save everyone then ..................God will not change his plan of the son of man which he has been planning since the fall of Adam ...., as God is the son of man

Old 02-16-2016, 04:04 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Does the Bible lifting up the "son of man" indicate that all people are righteous?

well, as you understand it's a word game. forget the literalist. So for the rest of us "righteous" could be trying to free yourself from ignorance. So yeah, if we are all learning we would be righteous. Well, trying to be anyway.

Old 02-16-2016, 05:30 AM

I guess I should have also differentiated sons from "daughters" since we know from the Bible and from Christianity that women are less valuable than men.

Old 02-16-2016, 04:19 PM

If you were to read the Bible from the beginning, you would think that the title was one of the worst things a person could have.

Old 02-16-2016, 04:23 PM

1,038 posts, read 902,586 times
Quote:

The bible represents the Biggest and Most Effective Advertising Campaign in the history of Mankind.

Nothing more.

Old 02-16-2016, 04:32 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
If you were to read the Bible from the beginning, you would think that the title was one of the worst things a person could have.
Christendom teaches that God cursed Adam and Eve....... The scriptures do not teach that God cursed his creation or Adam and Eve.

Old 02-16-2016, 06:44 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Quote:
I guess I should have also differentiated sons from "daughters" since we know from the Bible and from Christianity that women are less valuable than men.
I guess you never read Esther or how the Christian Catholic church venerates Mary.

Old 02-16-2016, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I guess you never read Esther or how the Christian Catholic church venerates Mary.
Venerating a woman who is an Eternal Virgin who can give birth is really not what I would call honorable.

Old 02-18-2016, 10:26 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,454 times
Quote:

No, it does not mean all people are righteous. It is saying when people honor the prophets they will see God speaks through them.

Scripture says the son of man is the servant and prophet of God who spreads God's word.

"The son of man comes eating and drinking."

"My servant shall eat but you shall go hungry. My servant shall drink but you shall go thirsty."

"You will not see me again until you say blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord."

I come to you in my Father's name to give Him glory and live in His love. Following me and live in His love.

I am the first and I am the last, the One who lives once I died but now I live forever and ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity