Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 08:06 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,331,273 times

Advertisements

[quote=openmike;43074894]Let's get a number of things put in perspective :

The Pope not grasping the ramifications of open borders DID say he believes Trump is not a christian
To deny that is typical of the angelic nonsensical mindset of a Catholic . It's religion 101

All Popes are sinners!!!

Mike, every Catholic knows that all popes (and every other person as well including "saints") are sinners only redeemed by God's free grace through the sacrificial death of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. the pope knows he is both a sinner and a servant of God just like the rest of us "working out his salvation in fear and trembling". FWIW, the doctrine of "papal infallibility" has NOTHING, zero, zip, nada to do with the pope being sinless (in fact he publically says he is a sinner as part of every mass he attends or celebrates---just like every other Catholic does at mass). additionally, "infallibility" does NOT make all (or even most) statements on every subject by the pope (including his recent statements on "walls" and those who build walls to keep immigrants out "not being Christians") somehow "true" or necessary for Catholics to believe or follow in any matter, shape, or form!!!

lest this become another knock down/drag out about justification by faith vs. works I would strongly suggest that interested parties read carefully the non-partisan Wikipedia article "sola fide" which gives the pro's and con's of the subject AND the catholic position INCLUDING significant quotes from the statements on same by the council of Trent mentioned by Vizio (and a LONG list of scripture quotes used for and against sola fide) and an exposition of the Catholic doctrine which MIGHT be summed up as "sola gratia" (salvation through GRACE alone).

in the peace of Christ.

Last edited by georgeinbandonoregon; 02-19-2016 at 08:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2016, 09:52 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,333,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
One has to examine the view of Catholicism as they hold to their tradition that they are the ONE TRUE
APOSTOLIC CHRISTIAN church. By that " version" of the Nicene creed it eliminates all of we evangelicals and believers ( in the Son of Man) who shun that creed proclamation . So I believe Mr. Trump is Presbyterian and thereby a heathen ......really POPE Francis? This is how tradition can make one a victim of men origined religion full of baloney!!! Ref: Nicene creed
Has Trump ever stated or pretended to be a Christian? Isn't he married for the third or forth time, I can hardly imagine him to be a pious man. As long as he is honest and does not endorse immoral or antichristian politics as gay marriage and the like, I do not care if the is a Christian or not.

In my opinion politics is a dirty business and one should leave God out of it, I do not like when people like Ted Cruz exploit their faith whether it is genuine or not, if I were an American I would vote for Trump and couldn't care less what the pope approves or not.

Old 02-20-2016, 10:03 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,183,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
Has Trump ever stated or pretended to be a Christian?
Yes. He states he's a Presbyterian and claims to be a Christian.
Quote:

Isn't he married for the third or forth time, I can hardly imagine him to be a pious man. As long as he is honest and does not endorse immoral or antichristian politics as gay marriage and the like, I do not care if the is a Christian or not.
Most Christians I know of doubt the sincerity of his faith, as well, based on his actions.
Quote:
In my opinion politics is a dirty business and one should leave God out of it, I do not like when people like Ted Cruz exploit their faith whether it is genuine or not, if I were an American I would vote for Trump and couldn't care less what the pope approves or not.
You haven't seen Trump try to pander to the Evangelicals? Really?

Even the Dems do it. How many times have you seen Hillary in a church? Or why did Obama sit in a racist black church for 20 years?

It's what politicians do. They want people to think they're one of us, so they come to where we are. That includes church, and it also includes the local pub.

Old 02-20-2016, 10:38 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Yes. He states he's a Presbyterian and claims to be a Christian.

Most Christians I know of doubt the sincerity of his faith, as well, based on his actions.
He could be a universalist, because he said he never felt the need to ask for forgiveness. That would be line with UR-fundamentalism.

Old 02-20-2016, 01:22 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,277,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He could be a universalist, because he said he never felt the need to ask for forgiveness. That would be line with UR-fundamentalism.
There you go misrepresenting universalists again. There is not a universalist on here that believes what you just said, and you know it, which makes you a very divisive person when you have been told numerous times what you just stated is not so . So what would it make him if he believed in eternal torment ?.

Old 02-20-2016, 05:51 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,347,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
There you go misrepresenting universalists again. There is not a universalist on here that believes what you just said, and you know it, which makes you a very divisive person when you have been told numerous times what you just stated is not so . So what would it make him if he believed in eternal torment ?.
... all liars will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur - the one they created.

Old 02-20-2016, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
... all liars will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur - the one they created.
It's the kind of comment that makes most of us not trust politicians. Their lies always come back to haunt them

Old 02-20-2016, 07:28 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,347,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It's the kind of comment that makes most of us not trust politicians. Their lies always come back to haunt them.
Fear is the domain or kingdom in which they live.

Old 02-20-2016, 07:40 PM

23,138 posts, read 10,431,246 times
I can only imagine what the Pope would say of me.

Being that we are on opposite sides, He would have way more in common with Trump than with me.

Old 02-20-2016, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Fear is the domain or kingdom in which they live.
Yes it is, it controls the masses. There's nothing new under the sun. That which I greatly feared came upon me . Job 3:25 in other words think for yourself rather than letting the government(of fear) think for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity