Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is scripture the word of God and is it needed?
Yes, one cannot know God without it. 8 72.73%
No it is not and one does not need the word of God to know Him 2 18.18%
Yes but one can know Him without it. 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 03:36 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,783,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
How do you know what the character of the Holy Spirit is? Why should I believe you?
Jesus said that the Holy Spirit would not speak on his own but would spread the word of God as Jesus did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2016, 03:48 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,179,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Jesus said that the Holy Spirit would not speak on his own but would spread the word of God as Jesus did.
OK...and? What if I feel like the Holy Spirit is telling me you're full of hot air?

Old 02-27-2016, 04:38 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
OK...and? What if I feel like the Holy Spirit is telling me you're full of hot air?
It might be considered a hot-air balloon race.

Old 02-27-2016, 06:59 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
To the one that says God speaks to them directly outside of his Word, I would only ask "Why should I believe it's God speaking to you?"
Quote:
How do you know what the character of the Holy Spirit is? Why should I believe you?
Quote:
So why do you post, telling us this stuff?
Quote:
You keep asking these asinine questions knowing full well that we have the exact same authority and source that you do for the assertions YOU make and believe. Stop being childish. ! Cor 13, Galatians 5 and the Sermon on the Mount reveal UNAMBIGUOUSLY what the Spirit of God is like. You ignore it in favor of the descriptions of the Jewish War God because you do NOT test the Spirit of anything to see if it is compatible with the Spirit of God who IS agape love. Your antics are very tiresome, Vizio.

Old 02-27-2016, 07:55 PM

Quote:
The Holy Spirit only speaks the words of God and reminds people what God and His prophets have spoken. He can do nothing on his own as Jesus said.

The Holy Spirit the world knows is a made up polterguiest that does not exist. Believe in it and you will die in your sin.

[i]
" The son can do nothing on his own he can only do what he sees the Father doing, whatever the Father does the son does likewise for the Father loves the son and whatever he does He shows him."

"The Holy Spirit whom the Father shall send in my name, he shall instruct you in everything and remind you of all that I told you."

"When he comes, the spirit of truth, he will guide you to all truth. He will not speak on his own but will speak what he hears and tell you the things that are to come. He will glorify me because he will take from what is mine and declare it to you"[/I]

Old 02-27-2016, 08:02 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
The Holy Spirit only speaks the words of God and reminds people what God and His prophets have spoken. He can do nothing on his own as Jesus said.

The Holy Spirit the world knows is a made up polterguiest that does not exist. Believe in it and you will die in your sin.
Right. Your Holy Spirit is a PARROT and so are you. You ACTUALLY think that is what God wants from us????

Old 02-27-2016, 08:03 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,208,143 times
It is a biased poll.

Old 02-27-2016, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Right. Your Holy Spirit is a PARROT and so are you. You ACTUALLY think that is what God wants from us????
Just as Jesus was a parrot. Riiiiight
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity