U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 09:19 AM

15,128 posts, read 8,222,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
NO ONE can claim that they are "saved".
NO ONE decides that they are going to Heaven.
Only God decides that.
Wrong.

Romans 10

9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2016, 10:28 AM

3,015 posts, read 2,058,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
What's gotten into you today?
I haven't posted that much on this forum before but that is my position on the matter - which also includes the Pre- Trib Rapture.
I have a problem with anyone who says that they are going to Heaven. That is NOT their decision to make. That is God's decision.

Old 02-26-2016, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Wrong.

Romans 10

9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved
You will be saved when you die and then God decides on whether you are worthy of going to Heaven.
You believe that you are worthy of going to Heaven. MAYBE God disagrees.
I just believe that His opinion is much more important than your opinion.

Old 02-26-2016, 10:41 AM

26,195 posts, read 14,086,044 times
Quote:
I haven't posted that much on this forum before but that is my position on the matter - which also includes the Pre- Trib Rapture.
I have a problem with anyone who says that they are going to Heaven. That is NOT their decision to make. That is God's decision.

OK - does God inform us of His "decision"?

Old 02-26-2016, 10:48 AM

21,259 posts, read 20,859,174 times
Quote:
You will be saved when you die and then God decides on whether you are worthy of going to Heaven.
I agree. The Bible says that he who "endures to the end" will be saved. Of course there's that little matter of what it actually means to be "saved," and there's quite a range of opinions on that.

Old 02-26-2016, 11:02 AM

58,451 posts, read 31,853,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I agree. The Bible says that he who "endures to the end" will be saved.
What is the point of baptizing the dead (those who did not endure to the end), if "enduring to the end" is a requirement for obtaining/retaining salvation?

Old 02-26-2016, 11:05 AM

15,128 posts, read 8,222,812 times
Quote:
God has already decided, based on Jesus' redemptive work on the cross. Once a person has accepted that by faith, they are saved and heaven is their destination.

Sounds like you believe in a works-based salvation.

Old 02-26-2016, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
What is the point of baptizing the dead (those who did not endure to the end), if "enduring to the end" is a requirement for obtaining/retaining salvation?
Death is not "the end," for starters. Some people never got the opportunity to hear the gospel of Jesus Christ during their lifetimes. You can't very well "endure to the end" before even having the chance to get started on the path.

Old 02-26-2016, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
God has already decided, based on Jesus' redemptive work on the cross. Once a person has accepted that by faith, they are saved and heaven is their destination.
And a split second of belief cancels out the remainder of a life lived with no desire to actually live in accordance to Christ's commandments?

Quote:
Sounds like you believe in a works-based salvation.
Maybe he just believes the following scriptures:

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Hebrews 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him.

James 2:20-24 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Old 02-26-2016, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
OK - does God inform us of His "decision"?
Sure. When He judges you upon your death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or