U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 07:31 PM

598 posts, read 240,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Thank you for your adding your idiocy to the fundamentalist pile.

PS - And thank you for striking yet another blow for literacy and the importance of editing by mentioning your little self-publishing adventure.
Your ignorance is no excuse for your dismal condition........... it is a result of your arrogance and your hate

Old 03-29-2016, 07:34 PM

32,538 posts, read 29,325,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Just noting your omission.
Since you ignored the first question I think it's safe to assume your church discriminates against women.

Old 03-29-2016, 07:37 PM

23,266 posts, read 12,056,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelystone View Post
Your ignorance is no excuse for your dismal condition........... it is a result of your arrogance and your hate
And you have your own self a nice day as well!

Old 03-29-2016, 08:14 PM

15,139 posts, read 8,226,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Since you ignored the first question I think it's safe to assume your church discriminates against women.
I'm Southern Baptist, the height of fundamentalism!

Actually, our church administrator is a woman. That probably won't satisfy you, but it might make you feel better to know some people left our church when our pastor hired her. That was 21 years ago.

Old 03-29-2016, 08:27 PM

Quote:

Actually, our church administrator is a woman.
Hopefully she's paid what a man would be paid and isn't another victim of pay inequality based on gender.

Why would I feel better knowing people left a church simply because a male pastor hired a woman for a position of responsibility? I'd feel better if women weren't discriminated against by people who think men having a fly on their pants is some kind of message from God about the ability to do a job.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 03-29-2016 at 08:39 PM..

Old 03-29-2016, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Hopefully she's paid what a man would be paid and isn't another victim of pay inequality based on gender.

Why would I feel better knowing people left a church simply because a male pastor hired a woman for a position of responsibility? I'd feel better if women weren't discriminated against by people who think men having a fly on their pants is some kind of message from God about the ability to do a job.
I have no idea what she makes. I'm not privy to that info.

I was trying to be humorous about the people leaving. Don't hold your breath for us Southern Baptists-we believe Paul.

Old 03-29-2016, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Don't hold your breath for us Southern Baptists-we believe Paul.
You get to do that. Meanwhile I'm breathing just fine and not especially concerned with who the Southern Baptists believe. I'm not sure I even know a Southern Baptist in real life. Nope...I know plenty of LDS and Catholics and people who attend mega churches wearing Hawaiian shirts....but not a single Southern Baptist. No one is forcing Americans to sit in Southern Baptist churches listening to men preach that Paul thought women needed to keep quiet and let the men talk and you get to believe whatever you want.

It's a great country. Thank you founding fathers!

Last edited by DewDropInn; 03-29-2016 at 10:01 PM..

Old 03-30-2016, 08:44 AM

Quote:
You get to do that. Meanwhile I'm breathing just fine and not especially concerned with who the Southern Baptists believe. I'm not sure I even know a Southern Baptist in real life. Nope...I know plenty of LDS and Catholics and people who attend mega churches wearing Hawaiian shirts....but not a single Southern Baptist. No one is forcing Americans to sit in Southern Baptist churches listening to men preach that Paul thought women needed to keep quiet and let the men talk and you get to believe whatever you want.

It's a great country. Thank you founding fathers!
Now you know one (SB)! We're not so bad, really.

Old 03-30-2016, 09:39 AM

9,169 posts, read 2,775,874 times
Quote:
And yet fundamentalists/evangelicals refuse to let women in the pulpit. Hmmm.... Someone didn't get the memo.

They didn't get a lot of memos, but it still doesn't make the Word of G-d, which is SPIRIT, of none effect. The Spirit of G-d does not discriminate against women; He uses them just fine if they're submitted to His Spirit. It's the flesh of men (meaning mankind, because some women after the flesh don't realize it, too) that haven't got the memo, that there is neither male nor female in His Spirit. Not because there's either/or, but because there's both. Peace

Old 03-30-2016, 11:29 AM

20,554 posts, read 22,715,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
They didn't get a lot of memos, but it still doesn't make the Word of G-d, which is SPIRIT, of none effect. The Spirit of G-d does not discriminate against women; He uses them just fine if they're submitted to His Spirit. It's the flesh of men (meaning mankind, because some women after the flesh don't realize it, too) that haven't got the memo, that there is neither male nor female in His Spirit. Not because there's either/or, but because there's both. Peace
Noe many females teaching in the church today..why is that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity