U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 04:48 PM

9,169 posts, read 2,775,874 times

Advertisements

Well, here's the thing. Being on this board I've found is a lot like being in a foreign country and you only speak a smattering of the language. Even with the best of internal intentions, sometimes miscommunications occur due to the natural prejudicial bias of the prevailing indigenous countrymen.
Peace

Old 03-31-2016, 06:11 PM

15,542 posts, read 6,995,657 times
The Ugly American LIVES!

Old 03-31-2016, 06:26 PM

4,754 posts, read 4,091,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Well, here's the thing. Being on this board I've found is a lot like being in a foreign country and you only speak a smattering of the language. Even with the best of internal intentions, sometimes miscommunications occur due to the natural prejudicial bias of the prevailing indigenous countrymen.
Peace
When one wants to be understood, it is that persons job to make the message understood, not the job of the listener to try and interpret what is being said.

Old 03-31-2016, 06:30 PM

5,251 posts, read 1,674,745 times
Quote:
Peace
I get the metaphysical stuff but this isn't really that kind of issue. There are people suffering and trying to say it is some test of Godly wisdom isn't going to take care of the problem.

Old 03-31-2016, 06:33 PM

9,169 posts, read 2,775,874 times
What EXACTLY are you talking about? What is the complaint? Be specific, will you? Peace

Old 03-31-2016, 06:34 PM

1,707 posts, read 1,025,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Feminism has been largely successful in eradicating the femininity that women once had. Churches have for the most part abandoned the practice of teaching Biblical gender roles that God has commanded for men and women.

It easy to understand why evangelical fundism is DYING.

According to 8 Steps to Confront Your Wife’s Sexual Refusal, a wife has no cause to refuse her husband sex without a “valid reason.” What can a “Christian husband” do to combat the “immoral” action of a wife denying him some of that Moderator cut: inappropriate ? Well, this totally-not-misogynist publication has all the answers — though the author is clear that he is not addressing the problem of a wife occasionally saying “no.” He is addressing a situation where:

…she thinks she should not have to do it except when she is in the mood or she thinks her husband should have to earn sex with her by “putting her in the mood” by doing various things she expects or likes.

Below are several Bible passages that teach women how God wants them to conduct their lives.

Christian Family Values: How To Punish A Wife If She Won’t ‘Pleasure’ Her Husband

Her speech

She is not loud or boisterous but instead she is quiet and meek

“A foolish woman is clamorous: she is simple, and knoweth nothing.” – Proverbs 9:13 (KJV)

“But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.” – I Peter 3:3-4 (KJV)

She is not a gossip but rather she is a trustworthy confident

“And withal they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house; and not only idle, but tattlers also and busybodies, speaking things which they ought not.” – I Timothy 5:13 (KJV)

“The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.” – Proverbs 31:11 (KJV)

She knows when and where to speak and when to hold her tongue

“As a jewel of gold in a swine’s snout, so is a fair woman which is without discretion.” – Proverbs 11:22 (KJV)
You might like Islam... Have you thought of converting? It seems you have a lot in common with ISIS.

Old 03-31-2016, 06:43 PM

Quote:
What EXACTLY are you talking about? What is the complaint? Be specific, will you? Peace
You said that the reason women weren't teaching was because they choose not to. To me that looks like you are trying to say that it is the women who are actually the reason and not the system as it is set up.

Old 03-31-2016, 06:46 PM

37,477 posts, read 25,224,572 times
Default How to Help Women Learn their Place

The best way is to teach men how to learn their place. Marriage is a partnership of two people who want to spend their lives together. Neither partner is placed in bondage to the other. The idea that the woman must accede to the sexual demands of the man is ludicrous and vice versa. If it isn't desired or enjoyable to BOTH, there is no point to it. Important decisions in the partnership should be jointly considered and the partner best equipped to understand them should take the lead regardless of gender. What is so difficult to understand about this? Does anyone ACTUALLY believe that God somehow endowed man with automatic superiority in everything?? Preposterous!!

Old 03-31-2016, 06:57 PM

I agree Mystic. That arrangement isn't that great for men either. In my sect men had to take ALL the responsibility. It was the man's job to lead and provide. Everything feel at his feet if something went wrong. Not fair to either sex.

Old 03-31-2016, 07:28 PM

20,554 posts, read 22,715,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I agree Mystic. That arrangement isn't that great for men either. In my sect men had to take ALL the responsibility. It was the man's job to lead and provide. Everything feel at his feet if something went wrong. Not fair to either sex.
Isn't this a result of female oppression?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity