U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 03:39 AM

20,590 posts, read 22,744,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Those articles look like parody to me.

I'm not sure I'd trust a site called "addictinginfo.com"
The links are not addicting info...are they?

No one really knows if the Biblical Gender Roles site is authentic or not. Seems 70% say it is a real site while others question if it is not twisted attempt at humor?

Old 02-24-2016, 03:47 AM

26,280 posts, read 13,939,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
All you are saying is that the Jewish custom YOU know contradicts the Proverbs. I was told by my Jewish educators that Judaism (based on the TNK) said that neither the woman nor the man can refuse the advances of the other except that during her menstruation, sex is technically not Kosher even if the woman wants it.
I stated part of it...

Old 02-24-2016, 08:01 AM

5,489 posts, read 4,563,268 times
This is where entitlement and selfishness are grown, for the satisfaction of one's own needs,
or where a loving relationship can thrive , completely depending on looking out for the needs of the other.
If one's primary motivation for marriage is sex, it is selfish, even if it's mutual ,noble or not, any romance is a false front for a single end game.
If the motivation for needing to bless the other person and meeting their needs, it's more than just romance.
Jesus interaction/devotion with His believers begins in their devotion to Him, though He expressed His love long ago on the cross, for those that would believe.
The relationship with God, is wanting to please Him, and the only way to do that is to know His voice, and obeying Him in touching others for His sake .
This usually results in blessings, not payment for services rendered ,but mutual love and respect, and often assistance or guidance through tough situations, or help in over coming addictions or meeting some financial, or health related need .
Sadly many Christians put their own needs first, and resultantly see little response from God .
God calls for repentance first. Turning from self govern to God's govern.
A woman not seeking her husbands govern is putting her self ahead of him . If she can't do that and he is not capable of governing wisely, then that is not a relationship to be pursued.
When a woman undermines his govern, it's called rebellion.
The more I devote my self to finding and doing God's will, the more I am blessed far beyond my knowledge of future needs.
Ideally , If a man is in touch with his wife's needs and she in touch with his, (in other ways beyond sex,) then the magic and beauty of a loving relationship has the chemistry to grow .
This does not work by guessing and expecting the other person to read mines .
This works because of clear and open communication.
Just the same as required between God and man, Jesus provided via the Holy Spirit.

Old 02-24-2016, 08:28 AM

6,821 posts, read 3,136,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
This is where entitlement and selfishness are grown, for the satisfaction of one's own needs,
or where a loving relationship can thrive , completely depending on looking out for the needs of the other.
If one's primary motivation for marriage is sex, it is selfish, even if it's mutual ,noble or not, any romance is a false front for a single end game.
If the motivation for needing to bless the other person and meeting their needs, it's more than just romance.
Jesus interaction/devotion with His believers begins in their devotion to Him, though He expressed His love long ago on the cross, for those that would believe.
The relationship with God, is wanting to please Him, and the only way to do that is to know His voice, and obeying Him in touching others for His sake .
This usually results in blessings, not payment for services rendered ,but mutual love and respect, and often assistance or guidance through tough situations, or help in over coming addictions or meeting some financial, or health related need .
Sadly many Christians put their own needs first, and resultantly see little response from God .
A woman not seeking her husbands govern is putting her self ahead of him . If she can't do that and he is not capable of governing wisely, then that is not a relationship to be pursued.

The more I devote my self to finding and doing God's will, the more I am blessed far beyond my knowledge of future needs.
Ideally , If a man is in touch with his wife's needs and she in touch with his, (in other ways beyond sex,) then the magic and beauty of a loving relationship has the chemistry to grow .
Just the same as required between God and man, Jesus provided via the Holy Spirit.
Govern? No.

I cannot imagine a relationship where anyone gets to govern me.
Imagine a decades long partnership, standing next to my life partner ,with neither of us lording it over the other.

We must be doing something wrong.

Old 02-24-2016, 08:48 AM

15,552 posts, read 7,010,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Govern? No.

Imagine a decades long partnership, standing next to my life partner ,with neither of us lording it over the other.

.........or not.

Old 02-24-2016, 11:15 AM

20,590 posts, read 22,744,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post

But all is GREAT when the husband puts his NEEDS ahead of hers?

Old 02-24-2016, 02:10 PM

1,489 posts, read 612,756 times
Wrt the thread title: Be a real man

Old 02-24-2016, 02:15 PM

19,952 posts, read 12,981,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Govern? No.

And that's the rub, isn't it? Not even will you never let another person govern you, but you are unwilling to submit even to God.

Old 02-24-2016, 02:20 PM

5,187 posts, read 5,422,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
But all is GREAT when the husband puts his NEEDS ahead of hers?

No!!!!!

Old 02-24-2016, 02:23 PM

12,920 posts, read 4,933,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
And that's the rub, isn't it? Not even will you never let another person govern you, but you are unwilling to submit even to God.
Posts like this make it clear what fundamentalist Christianity is really all about: power, dominion, and control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity