U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-24-2016, 03:29 PM
 
6,813 posts, read 3,129,492 times
Reputation: 2373

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Yes, how do you know this (bolded above)?
How do you not know? I find it astonishing. You would think there is some sort of secret, or you missed a memo, or something. I do not believe my relationship with God is that unusual.

How do I know? I just know with every cell in my body.

How do you not know?

 
Old 02-24-2016, 03:46 PM
 
6,813 posts, read 3,129,492 times
Reputation: 2373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Honestly? It sounds like you just have a lot of pent-up anger toward men, and religion. I'm sorry for that.
Because I do not submit to men? ahahahahaha I will not allow men telling me how to behave, or how to dress. I will not allow men to make my decisions for me. I do not allow men to legislate my body, and my reproductive health.

I remember some of these righteous men tisk- tisking when I breastfed in public.

I have never eaten with a blanket over my head, or in the bathroom, and neither did my children. I cannot count how many men could not stop looking while telling me I would go to hell for the simple, natural act of breastfeeding.

My answer was usually this; "Don't waste a good boner on me buddy. Go home, and take care of yourself."

The pent up anger belongs to men who seem to think is is their Christian right to tell me my place. They can not understand why I will not comply.

I am not hostile to weak men. They only think I am.
 
Old 02-24-2016, 03:48 PM
Status: "Build the damn wall!" (set 4 days ago)
 
Location: The Haunted Mansion
15,134 posts, read 8,222,812 times
Reputation: 1543
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
How do you not know? I find it astonishing. You would think there is some sort of secret, or you missed a memo, or something. I do not believe my relationship with God is that unusual.

How do I know? I just know with every cell in my body.

How do you not know?
You said "How do I know?" and then didn't answer (how you knew). Just curious.
 
Old 02-24-2016, 03:52 PM
 
19,952 posts, read 12,963,461 times
Reputation: 1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Because I do not submit to men? ahahahahaha I will not allow men telling me how to behave, or how to dress. I will not allow men to make my decisions for me. I do not allow men to legislate my body, and my reproductive health.
I haven't said that, have I?
Quote:
I remember some of these righteous men tisk- tisking when I breastfed in public.

I have never eaten with a blanket over my head, or in the bathroom, and neither did my children. I cannot count how many men could not stop looking while telling me I would go to hell for the simple, natural act of breastfeeding.

My answer was usually this; "Don't waste a good boner on me buddy. Go home, and take care of yourself."

The pent up anger belongs to men who seem to think is is their Christian right to tell me my place. They can not understand why I will not comply.

I am not hostile to weak men. They only think I am.
I'm sorry.
 
Old 02-24-2016, 04:03 PM
 
6,813 posts, read 3,129,492 times
Reputation: 2373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Sure he did. Acts 9. Check it out.

I don't even know how to worship words. They are really kind of abstract things.

No. I really don't. I've never claimed to. I would honestly suggest you actually read what I post, rather than to assign motive where it isn't there. I'm guessing it would bother you if I started spouting off about what you believe or say when you don't actually believe or say those things...so why not give me the same respect?

I can only go by what I see you say. Remember...I'm not like you and I don't put words in your mouth. I can only base my opinion of you off of your posts.
I am here to correct you if you wish to tell me what I believe. Who knows, you might be right once in a great while. You can say anything you want about me. You say I have pent up anger, and I am hostile to men. I have corrected you.

Your proclamations about me do not bother me. You do not bother me.

I read most of your posts. I remember your words when you do not. I know you have doubts. Every once in a while they show. I see you. God sees you.

As far as the whole meeting Jesus on the Damascus Road thing? It never rang true. When I was eight it did not ring true.

And, yes. You are not like me.
 
Old 02-24-2016, 04:07 PM
 
Location: GOVERNMENT of TRAITORS & NAZIS
20,551 posts, read 22,709,293 times
Reputation: 7625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
And that's the rub, isn't it? Not even will you never let another person govern you, but you are unwilling to submit even to God.
Seems to be a LOT of condescension towards FREE WILL...Fundism finds the concept of FREE WILL absolutely terrifying do they not?

I wonder if fundies pay and ask god's permission to wake up in the morning, when should they bathe, use the restroom and when (even what) they should eat?

But when it comes to WOMEN, fundies seem to have a GREEN LIGHT to OPPRESS at will and TAKE what they want--WHEN they want and expect the woman to LIKE IT and ASK FOR MORE?

NO wonder those on the right have decided the RAPIST gets visitation rights and can take their prey to court to prevent her from exercising the right to chose. In 31 states, rapists do enjoy the rights of a father.
 
Old 02-24-2016, 04:12 PM
 
8,340 posts, read 2,732,420 times
Reputation: 399
I think they should shave their heads.
 
Old 02-24-2016, 04:14 PM
 
6,813 posts, read 3,129,492 times
Reputation: 2373
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
I think they should shave their heads.

Especially those men who have a comb over about 4 feet long.
 
Old 02-24-2016, 04:30 PM
 
19,952 posts, read 12,963,461 times
Reputation: 1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Seems to be a LOT of condescension towards FREE WILL...Fundism finds the concept of FREE WILL absolutely terrifying do they not?
"Fundism"? OK. If you say so.

Actually, submitting to God and to each other is a basic tenet of Christianity.
Quote:
I wonder if fundies pay and ask god's permission to wake up in the morning, when should they bathe, use the restroom and when (even what) they should eat?

But when it comes to WOMEN, fundies seem to have a GREEN LIGHT to OPPRESS at will and TAKE what they want--WHEN they want and expect the woman to LIKE IT and ASK FOR MORE?
No. I've said otherwise over and over again. But hey...if that's what you're bound and determined to see, nothing I can say will change your mind.
Quote:
NO wonder those on the right have decided the RAPIST gets visitation rights and can take their prey to court to prevent her from exercising the right to chose. In 31 states, rapists do enjoy the rights of a father.
Nothing about Christianity suggests that would be a good thing. go blame something else.
 
Old 02-24-2016, 04:30 PM
 
6,813 posts, read 3,129,492 times
Reputation: 2373
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
You said "How do I know?" and then didn't answer (how you knew). Just curious.
I answered you jimmie. You simply do not see, and think there is some secret.

I know what is. I know it to every cell of my being, and always have. It is that complex, and that simple.

Perhaps it is innate to me. I used to think everyone had this relationship with God. Apparently not.

I have no expectations of God. None.

I do not need to pray for some sort of forgiveness over, and over again. There is nothing to forgive. God and I are old friends and treat each other as valued companions.

You want more? I suppose you should take that up with God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top