U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2016, 03:21 PM

1,450 posts, read 802,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Feminism has been largely successful in eradicating the femininity that women once had. Churches have for the most part abandoned the practice of teaching Biblical gender roles that God has commanded for men and women.

That is wonderful news! Really, I have known about it since the 60s. The church is a sexist entity. The bible is the book of moron. Not all women are unfeminine, in fact most are not, what has changed is the few who do not fit into the old gender roles do not have to be concerned. Too bad men are less free, it seems they have to have a sex-change operation, just to be less than masculine?

See an obvious female wearing male looking attire and they may be in a tv advertisement, ir a talk show host. See a man in a dress and most laugh, while some want to harm him.

Men cause their own problems with the patriarchal male philosophy, which began with the more corrupt religions, all those without any female deities.

Old 02-25-2016, 03:23 PM

32,538 posts, read 29,356,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I shaved my head once. I never wanted to go through life knowing what it was like to be bald. It was awesome, and I shaved my head for a few years after.

I did not marry a Pharaoh, but I did date a Saudi Prince, once. He did not shave his head either.
I can hear some of the fundamentalists hitting the floor in a dead faint. You cut your hair AND dated a Muslim?

Thud.......thud......thud......

Old 02-25-2016, 03:25 PM

6,818 posts, read 3,136,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I can hear some of the fundamentalists hitting the floor in a dead faint. You cut your hair AND dated a Muslim?

Get the smelling salts, Dew. I dated more than one Muslim.

Old 02-25-2016, 03:26 PM

15,171 posts, read 8,240,362 times
Quote:

Those fundamentalists are a hoot!

Old 02-25-2016, 03:46 PM

32,538 posts, read 29,356,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Those fundamentalists are a hoot!
Are they? It's good to know you've progressed in your opinion. The last time you commented on one of my posts you called them "damn" fundamentalists.

Old 02-25-2016, 05:28 PM

15,171 posts, read 8,240,362 times
Quote:
Are they? It's good to know you've progressed in your opinion. The last time you commented on one of my posts you called them "damn" fundamentalists.
Yeah, that too.

Old 02-27-2016, 10:13 AM

9,169 posts, read 2,784,110 times
The whole debate and every other possible question relating to it, is easily solved. The woman is the soul, and she is to be subject to her husband, the Spirit. That means, since all have a soul, even the woman in man is to be subject to her husband, the Spirit. And if that is so, then BOTH man and woman will be in one accord.

And since the Spirit which is Christ, is not a wife beater or abuser of any kind (including not beating her with the law), then neither one not seek to rule over the other's flesh, but will instead let the Spirit rule over both their flesh.

And if the Spirit is ruling over their flesh, then each will automatically because it's the nature imbued, seek to put the other one first and raise them up. This is the true meaning of whenever 2 of you are gathered in my name (name denotes the nature of a thing), there I am in the midst of you. If you both have the same name or nature, that being Christ, then He is in your midst, and if in your midst, then He is the leader, NOT the flesh of either one.

No man (or woman) can keep covenant with another, unless they FIRST keep covenant with Him, because the body can only do what it sees it's head do. If Christ is the head, then covenant will be kept, as a natural offshoot from that. Peace

Old 02-28-2016, 07:48 AM

782 posts, read 296,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Feminism has been largely successful in eradicating the femininity that women once had. Churches have for the most part abandoned the practice of teaching Biblical gender roles that God has commanded for men and women.

It easy to understand why evangelical fundism is DYING.

According to 8 Steps to Confront Your Wife’s Sexual Refusal, a wife has no cause to refuse her husband sex without a “valid reason.” What can a “Christian husband” do to combat the “immoral” action of a wife denying him some of that Moderator cut: inappropriate ? Well, this totally-not-misogynist publication has all the answers — though the author is clear that he is not addressing the problem of a wife occasionally saying “no.” He is addressing a situation where:

…she thinks she should not have to do it except when she is in the mood or she thinks her husband should have to earn sex with her by “putting her in the mood” by doing various things she expects or likes.

Below are several Bible passages that teach women how God wants them to conduct their lives.

Christian Family Values: How To Punish A Wife If She Won’t ‘Pleasure’ Her Husband

Her speech

She is not loud or boisterous but instead she is quiet and meek

“A foolish woman is clamorous: she is simple, and knoweth nothing.” – Proverbs 9:13 (KJV)

“But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.” – I Peter 3:3-4 (KJV)

She is not a gossip but rather she is a trustworthy confident

“And withal they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house; and not only idle, but tattlers also and busybodies, speaking things which they ought not.” – I Timothy 5:13 (KJV)

“The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.” – Proverbs 31:11 (KJV)

She knows when and where to speak and when to hold her tongue

“As a jewel of gold in a swine’s snout, so is a fair woman which is without discretion.” – Proverbs 11:22 (KJV)
As we say in America, 'nice try but no cigar'.

You have some nice artistic quotations here, but they certainly don't apply to American women. It is known throughout the world that American women are the most aggressive, macho, opinionated, self-absorbed, militant, man-hating and least feminine of all the women God has put on earth today.

They are certainly not God-fearing and they most definitely do NOT have the slightest wish to follow the divine principles set forth in scripture; to respect and submit to their husbands, to obey their husbands, to live and dress modestly and to so act and live in the world that all who see their works would glorify their Father (not mother) in Heaven.

Your scripture quotations are born of another day and another era. American women today are generally intolerant of such ideas. It is a sad but true fact of our culture and one of the reasons why;

IF GOD DOES NOT JUDGE AMERICA, HE WILL HAVE TO APOLOGIZE TO SODOM AND GOMORRAH.
- Shanghai curse August 1937

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Old 02-28-2016, 07:54 AM

15,552 posts, read 7,007,722 times
Very helpful ^ Thank you SO much for driving another nail.

Old 02-28-2016, 08:00 AM

26,275 posts, read 13,939,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
As we say in America, 'nice try but no cigar'.
You are not originally from America, are you?...It is "Close, but no cigar"...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity