U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2016, 08:01 AM

9,169 posts, read 2,782,281 times

Advertisements

@ nateswift....As long as men only see flesh, they will demand homage to it. Such is the nature of the beast. Peace

Old 02-28-2016, 08:18 AM

15,549 posts, read 7,004,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
@ nateswift....As long as men only see flesh, they will demand homage to it. Such is the nature of the beast. Peace
I'm not sure you caught that I was talking about driving another nail into the coffin of fundamentalism. Attitudes like that hasten it's demise.

Old 02-28-2016, 08:26 AM

6,814 posts, read 3,134,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
As we say in America, 'nice try but no cigar'.

You have some nice artistic quotations here, but they certainly don't apply to American women. It is known throughout the world that American women are the most aggressive, macho, opinionated, self-absorbed, militant, man-hating and least feminine of all the women God has put on earth today.

They are certainly not God-fearing and they most definitely do NOT have the slightest wish to follow the divine principles set forth in scripture; to respect and submit to their husbands, to obey their husbands, to live and dress modestly and to so act and live in the world that all who see their works would glorify their Father (not mother) in Heaven.

Your scripture quotations are born of another day and another era. American women today are generally intolerant of such ideas. It is a sad but true fact of our culture and one of the reasons why;

IF GOD DOES NOT JUDGE AMERICA, HE WILL HAVE TO APOLOGIZE TO SODOM AND GOMORRAH.
- Shanghai curse August 1937

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
I see no problem with being a proud American woman of faith.

We will never allow your worthless opinions to supplant our own.

That is me, blowing kisses from the choir loft. Muah

Old 02-28-2016, 09:22 AM

17,724 posts, read 8,879,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I see no problem with being a proud American woman of faith.

We will never allow your worthless opinions to supplant our own.

That is me, blowing kisses from the choir loft. Muah
The air kiss of western culture, love it.

Old 02-28-2016, 09:35 AM

23,318 posts, read 12,073,882 times
Quote:

You have some nice artistic quotations here, but they certainly don't apply to American women. It is known throughout the world that American women are the most aggressive, macho, opinionated, self-absorbed, militant, man-hating and least feminine of all the women God has put on earth today.

They are certainly not God-fearing and they most definitely do NOT have the slightest wish to follow the divine principles set forth in scripture; to respect and submit to their husbands, to obey their husbands, to live and dress modestly and to so act and live in the world that all who see their works would glorify their Father (not mother) in Heaven.

Your scripture quotations are born of another day and another era. American women today are generally intolerant of such ideas. It is a sad but true fact of our culture and one of the reasons why;

Proof positive that not all dinosaurs are extinct. Some are still bellowing impotently as they sink into the tarsands of spiritual irrelevance.

Good riddance.

Old 02-29-2016, 05:20 AM

20,570 posts, read 22,733,728 times
Quote:

Yet another Neanderthalic comment to support god-in-da-tiny-box-of-insecurities really is MISOGYNISTIC and HELL BENT of HATE and VENGEANCE.

I for one am so thankful that CHRIST is not this same image or as oppressive.

As for Judging AMERIKKKA, if God let slide the Genocide against the Indigenous of this land--if He let slide SLAVERY, the MURDER of LGBTQ folks and the Quest to colonize the world in our image, I am confodent he doesn't give a rat's darrieaire about this country.

SODOM was GUILTY of--

"'Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.

But hey, that's just me, preaching from the right hand of the throne.

Old 03-01-2016, 02:49 PM

37,508 posts, read 25,243,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Proof positive that not all dinosaurs are extinct. Some are still bellowing impotently as they sink into the tarsands of spiritual irrelevance.
Good riddance.
Eloquent rebuttal, Trout!!

Old 03-01-2016, 06:31 PM

20,570 posts, read 22,733,728 times
Quote:

Monty Python's LUMBER JACK lives..
Attached Thumbnails
How to Help Women Learn their Place-naked_make-me-sandwhich.jpg  

Old 03-03-2016, 01:17 AM

7,811 posts, read 5,062,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Churches have for the most part abandoned the practice of teaching Biblical gender roles that God has commanded for men and women.
And I find it great news indeed that even the most backward institutions on the planet are forced to change their archaic notions in the face of modernity. Another waving flag of the irrelevancy some churches and religious teachings have descended into.

Quote:
According to 8 Steps to Confront Your Wife’s Sexual Refusal, a wife has no cause to refuse her husband sex without a “valid reason.”
What an archaic and horrific notion that is. Thankfully people who subscribe to it, let alone espouse or implement it, are a dying minority with no coherent arguments to make.

Here in the modern world the majority seem to recognize autonomy and consent as valid enough reasons. Anyone, of any sex, withholding consent does not actually have to justify or explain their position to anyone.

If one is in a relationship where sex is something that has stopped then they have one right and one right only. They can leave the relationship and find another. And good luck to them.

Quote:
What can a “Christian husband” do to combat the “immoral” action of a wife denying him some of that?
Well maybe a first step would be that this "Christian Husband" could construct a valid argument that it is an "immoral" action in the first place. I certainly have not seen anyone do so, least of all around this forum.

But thank you for ramifying what many people already know. The fact that many religious teachings are constructed by sexually frustrated and meek males in an attempt to cajole or pressure women into the sex that they are otherwise unable to attain.

Old 03-04-2016, 06:53 AM

782 posts, read 296,363 times
Quote:
Feminism has been largely successful in eradicating the femininity that women once had. Churches have for the most part abandoned the practice of teaching Biblical gender roles that God has commanded for men and women.

It easy to understand why evangelical fundism is DYING.

According to 8 Steps to Confront Your Wife’s Sexual Refusal, a wife has no cause to refuse her husband sex without a “valid reason.” What can a “Christian husband” do to combat the “immoral” action of a wife denying him some of that Moderator cut: inappropriate ? Well, this totally-not-misogynist publication has all the answers — though the author is clear that he is not addressing the problem of a wife occasionally saying “no.” He is addressing a situation where:

…she thinks she should not have to do it except when she is in the mood or she thinks her husband should have to earn sex with her by “putting her in the mood” by doing various things she expects or likes.

Below are several Bible passages that teach women how God wants them to conduct their lives.

Christian Family Values: How To Punish A Wife If She Won’t ‘Pleasure’ Her Husband

Her speech

She is not loud or boisterous but instead she is quiet and meek

“A foolish woman is clamorous: she is simple, and knoweth nothing.” – Proverbs 9:13 (KJV)

“But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.” – I Peter 3:3-4 (KJV)

She is not a gossip but rather she is a trustworthy confident

“And withal they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house; and not only idle, but tattlers also and busybodies, speaking things which they ought not.” – I Timothy 5:13 (KJV)

“The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.” – Proverbs 31:11 (KJV)

She knows when and where to speak and when to hold her tongue

“As a jewel of gold in a swine’s snout, so is a fair woman which is without discretion.” – Proverbs 11:22 (KJV)
God has placed His order upon human society, but the hubris of American women has declared it void.

Remember that it was EVE who took the first bite of forbidden fruit. Eves' daughters have been leading the human race into sin ever since.

A woman's place is to obey her husband, but the man's duty is to love his wife.

When this order is not followed families fall apart. Individuals risk sin and error. The nation suffers and dies.

If a woman cannot find it in herself to submit to a husband it would be better if she did not wed.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity