Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 07:00 PM

27,914 posts, read 29,727,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
I have faith that all these horribly misinterpreted links will be cleared up quickly....

I second that.

Old 02-23-2016, 07:02 PM

18,434 posts, read 9,056,292 times
Those articles look like parody to me.

I'm not sure I'd trust a site called "addictinginfo.com"

Old 02-23-2016, 07:12 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,689,741 times
The point is, the BIBLE clearly contains misogynistic rhetoric. However, Jesus was not like that at all. Therefore, you must have the Holy Spirit to guide you as you read whether it be in the 66 Books of the bible or any other thing. There are CLEARLY many places in the bible that are opposed to other things in the same book. So obviously you need a GUIDE which we call the Holy Spirit to lead you into all truth. The bible doesn't lead. The bible doesn't do anything. It is a collection of 66 books filled with dead letters, words on a page. If you want to know the truth, you must know the Living God. If you cannot understand that, I have no power to help you.

Old 02-23-2016, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Those articles look like parody to me.

I'm not sure I'd trust a site called "addictinginfo.com"
There is only One who you need to trust. He holds the keys to death and hell and is alive forevermore.

Old 02-23-2016, 07:15 PM

20,392 posts, read 12,668,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
The point is, the BIBLE clearly contains misogynistic rhetoric. However, Jesus was not like that at all. Therefore, you must have the Holy Spirit to guide you as you read whether it be in the 66 Books of the bible or any other thing. There are CLEARLY many places in the bible that are opposed to other things in the same book. So obviously you need a GUIDE which we call the Holy Spirit to lead you into all truth. The bible doesn't lead. The bible doesn't do anything. It is a collection of 66 books filled with dead letters, words on a page. If you want to know the truth, you must know the Living God. If you cannot understand that, I have no power to help you.
Mystic, is that you?

Old 02-23-2016, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Mystic, is that you?
No, I am not Mystic. Did you pay any attention to what I wrote? Did you understand it at all? Did you even try?

Old 02-23-2016, 07:25 PM

20,392 posts, read 12,668,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
No, I am not Mystic. Did you pay any attention to what I wrote? Did you understand it at all? Did you even try?
Yes, I know (It was a joke).
Yes
Yes
Yes

Old 02-24-2016, 02:06 AM

1,927 posts, read 1,887,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
In Judaism it is the husband's obligation to make sure that His wife is satisfied and if she declines he has no right to be upset...Sexual relations are the woman's right and not the man's right...
Are you a Jew? Are you Orthodox?

I doubt that many Orthodox Jews, much less ultra-Orthodox/Hasidic Jews, would agree with you.

Old 02-24-2016, 02:18 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,033,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
In Judaism it is the husband's obligation to make sure that His wife is satisfied and if she declines he has no right to be upset...Sexual relations are the woman's right and not the man's right...
All you are saying is that the Jewish custom YOU know contradicts the Proverbs. I was told by my Jewish educators that Judaism (based on the TNK) said that neither the woman nor the man can refuse the advances of the other except that during her menstruation, sex is technically not Kosher even if the woman wants it.

Old 02-24-2016, 03:34 AM

32,530 posts, read 21,861,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
Are you a Jew? Are you Orthodox?

I doubt that many Orthodox Jews, much less ultra-Orthodox/Hasidic Jews, would agree with you.
Yes...I'm a Jew...
Sex is the woman's right, not the man's. A man has a duty to give his wife sex regularly and to ensure that sex is pleasurable for her. He is also obligated to watch for signs that his wife wants sex, and to offer it to her without her asking for it. The woman's right to sexual intercourse is referred to as onah, and is one of a wife's three basic rights (the others are food and clothing), which a husband may not reduce. The Talmud specifies both the quantity and quality of sex that a man must give his wife. It specifies the frequency of sexual obligation based on the husband's occupation, although this obligation can be modified in the ketubah (marriage contract). A man may not take a vow to abstain from sex for an extended period of time, and may not take a journey for an extended period of time, because that would deprive his wife of sexual relations. In addition, a husband's consistent refusal to engage in sexual relations is grounds for compelling a man to divorce his wife, even if the couple has already fulfilled the halakhic obligation to procreate.

Although sex is the woman's right, she does not have absolute discretion to withhold it from her husband. A woman may not withhold sex from her husband as a form of punishment, and if she does, the husband may divorce her without paying the substantial divorce settlement provided for in the ketubah.

Although some sources take a more narrow view, the general view of halakhah is that any sexual act that does not involve sh'chatat zerah (destruction of seed, that is, ejaculation outside the vagina) is permissible. As one passage in the Talmud states, "a man may do whatever he pleases with his wife." In fact, there are passages in the Talmud that encourage foreplay to arouse the woman. - "Kosher" Sex | Jewish Virtual Library
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity