U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 01:32 AM

6,926 posts, read 4,307,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelystone View Post
Spiritual resurrection follows immediately behind everyones physical death............. this I know first hand

Already been there and already done that but it was 5 years later before I found out everything I witnessed while on the other side is recorded as the resurrection of the dead by the apostle John where the obvious is you have to die before you can attend it................. I wish I would have qualified to stay but since I wasn't allowed to stay over there; if and when the scene should be repeated someday, hopefully this time there will be something that can be said for my benefit

You can read about it in my blog if you are interested
I've heard Muslims and Hindus say they know their stuff first hand as well, even their ideas about after life.
One can also study the story of Er (found mentioned again inside of Plato's The Republic) to witness the inconsistent variety of "first hand experience." One need only study abnormal psychology and understand that there is likely a distribution curve, to see the NDEs of all faithful or emotionally-exposed to Indoctrination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2016, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Very interesting. I had no idea their views were so diverse. So it's actually a "credit" to Paul in light of those who think he was being somehow "crafty" and audience relevant to the extreme, that he DIDN'T parrot out the prevailing ideas of his particular sect about it. But, IMO, that would be because He was taught by the risen Christ, so got the Truth of the matter from the "horse's mouth" so to speak.

I know what I posted is Truth because the Word states it, but also because I experienced it. Peace
Peace further still. I know, you know, that you are not telling the truth. It's neither a credit nor a discredit since we don't actually know his motivations or sources unless we assume them in great hubris.

Paul says he was "chosen" to be so "directly" exposed to awareness of Jesus' divinity and Messiahship because he was destined to be an apostle but was "born a little too late." The capriciousness of Abrahamically imagined Heavens knows no bounds. The Heavens of "procrastination until war" could have just "directly exposed" everyone everywhere. Unless Paul ALREADY believed in Jesus (or was emotionally exposed to the Indoctrination) before he had his "conversion" vision.

The Horse's Mouth could have spoken louder and more clearly for sure. What a pity that it didn't have the desire or capability. It would have always been so much better if everyone was on the same page.

Old 02-26-2016, 01:58 AM

1,489 posts, read 613,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post

The Horse's Mouth could have spoken louder and more clearly for sure. What a pity that it didn't have the desire or capability. It would have always been so much better if everyone was on the same page.
We are all on the same page. It's just that different bits of text refer to different groups of people as we perceive it now in this moment. God has mercy on all, in His time. It's that normal distribution again. Your mean average bloke is in the middle and doesn't give a toss about spiritual things. Some are towards the extreme opposite ends of the distribution, which is in accordance with whether they are enlightened by Him, or evil. We are all somewhere on the spectrum / page.

Anyway, I'm crashing on your discourse with others.

Old 02-26-2016, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
We are all on the same page. It's just that different bits of text refer to different groups of people as we perceive it now in this moment. God has mercy on all, in His time. It's that normal distribution again. Your mean average bloke is in the middle and doesn't give a toss about spiritual things. Some are towards the extreme opposite ends of the distribution, which is in accordance with whether they are enlightened by Him, or evil. We are all somewhere on the spectrum / page.

I liked it, it was refreshing.

Old 02-26-2016, 04:21 AM

598 posts, read 241,118 times
Quote:
I've heard Muslims and Hindus say they know their stuff first hand as well, even their ideas about after life.
One can also study the story of Er (found mentioned again inside of Plato's The Republic) to witness the inconsistent variety of "first hand experience." One need only study abnormal psychology and understand that there is likely a distribution curve, to see the NDEs of all faithful or emotionally-exposed to Indoctrination.
Most cultures and religions do have words recorded somewhere about the afterlife and their views on the subject…………..

However mine is the only one that agrees with the Bible that is the Word of God, At the time of the accident I was leaning towards Buddhism not believing the Bible was the Word of God. Then I found myself in the presence of God in the same exact setting recorded in the Bible some 1900 years earlier but not known by me for 5 more years and then it was only after studying the Bible for another 5 years when I realized the "person" who was rubbing oil on my chest when I came back to life was doing the same thing first century apostles did when healing the sick and raising the dead

Either you are a believer or you are not

Last edited by Livelystone; 02-26-2016 at 04:41 AM..

Old 02-26-2016, 11:47 AM

9,169 posts, read 2,788,318 times
Quote:
Peace further still. I know, you know, that you are not telling the truth. It's neither a credit nor a discredit since we don't actually know his motivations or sources unless we assume them in great hubris.

Paul says he was "chosen" to be so "directly" exposed to awareness of Jesus' divinity and Messiahship because he was destined to be an apostle but was "born a little too late." The capriciousness of Abrahamically imagined Heavens knows no bounds. The Heavens of "procrastination until war" could have just "directly exposed" everyone everywhere. Unless Paul ALREADY believed in Jesus (or was emotionally exposed to the Indoctrination) before he had his "conversion" vision.

Ok, I think you misunderstood my last statement, which was not clear, my apology. I was referring to the Truth of what happens to the soul after death. Sorry for the confusion, I can see why you thought I was still on the "same page" as the previous paragraph. Peace

Old 02-26-2016, 11:49 AM

9,169 posts, read 2,788,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post

Amen, yes He does.

Old 02-26-2016, 03:22 PM

21,282 posts, read 20,904,862 times
Has anybody else noticed that the OP hasn't been around since he asked his question. TySky, are you still here?

Old 02-28-2016, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelystone View Post
Most cultures and religions do have words recorded somewhere about the afterlife and their views on the subject…………..

However mine is the only one that agrees with the Bible that is the Word of God, At the time of the accident I was leaning towards Buddhism not believing the Bible was the Word of God. Then I found myself in the presence of God in the same exact setting recorded in the Bible some 1900 years earlier but not known by me for 5 more years and then it was only after studying the Bible for another 5 years when I realized the "person" who was rubbing oil on my chest when I came back to life was doing the same thing first century apostles did when healing the sick and raising the dead

Either you are a believer or you are not
A lot of cultures had writing and writing scraps that are still available to us, especially about the Afterlife/gods.

Why is the Bible the Word of God? Because God won't speak for Itself, nor through the Vedas nor Quran? Because the Bible supports your Religion? Because the Bible was made and kept by men?

Either you disbelieve the truth or you don't. Either you know every aspect of the creation of idols and bibliolaters, or you don't.

Old 02-28-2016, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Ok, I think you misunderstood my last statement, which was not clear, my apology. I was referring to the Truth of what happens to the soul after death. Sorry for the confusion, I can see why you thought I was still on the "same page" as the previous paragraph. Peace
I see. It's no problem, I apologize.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or