U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 03-25-2016, 03:27 PM
Status: "Even better than okay" (set 20 days ago)
 
Location: Coastal New Jersey
51,472 posts, read 50,728,421 times
Reputation: 60440

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Yes this is much more acceptable than someone making the claim that it was the christians who were solely responsible for ending slavery. That's BS to the MAX!
Yes, that's not realistic or historically accurate.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 03-25-2016 at 03:54 PM..

 
Old 04-04-2016, 06:47 PM
 
Location: North Carolina
1,542 posts, read 1,019,463 times
Reputation: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
Anyone who thinks that the traditional divisions of political philosophy in America are still true is believing a lie.

Republicans and Democrats are two heads of the same snake.

The guidance of the leadership of the United States of America has corrupted itself by means of greed and foolishness. There is no wisdom or selfless dedication in government today. Anybody who believes that anything like that remains is dreaming a fool's dream.

Words fail to describe the horrible depths of depravity and treason our government has fallen into. Some believe it has become either socialist or fascist or some mixture of the two. Government is led and influenced by powers that have no sympathy for the citizenry and who are gigantic parasites upon the collective will and fortunes of us all.

I am really tired of questions that ask what will happen if Hillary or Donald move into the White House. Nothing will change except the speed of our descent into national oblivion in the history books. Forces are already in motion that will tear the country apart.

America is not now the nation it once was - or the nation we thought it was. The illusion is being removed from the eyes of everyone and the whole world is seeing what kind of people we really are.

In January, we will have the opportunity to see what we will become. Democrat or Republican president notwithstanding, I doubt it will be a pretty future for any of us.

Your vote doesn't mean squat. If you think it does, you are sadly mistaken. Watch and learn, pilgrim.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
Choir loft,
I agree with much of what you say, but when you say, "Your vote doesn't mean squat. If you think it does, you are sadly mistaken," I believe you are sadly mistaken.
When Justice Scalia was appointed by Reagan to the Supreme Court and approved, he proved himself
to be a staunch believer in our constition. If a democrat is elected president, and appoints one or two liberal justices over the next four to eight years, I believe we will see a tremendous shift from Constitional and Biblical principals. The Supreme court in decision on legalizing abortion and gay marriages has turned the Words of God into a lie. I personally believe that Ted Cruz, who is opposed to abortions and defines marriage as the union of one man and one woman is the person who Chiistians should mobilize behind to elect as our next President.

Last edited by Robert M Prince; 04-04-2016 at 08:05 PM..
 
Old 04-05-2016, 04:16 AM
 
Location: GOVERNMENT of TRAITORS & NAZIS
20,606 posts, read 22,789,263 times
Reputation: 7635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Prince View Post
Choir loft,
I agree with much of what you say, but when you say, "Your vote doesn't mean squat. If you think it does, you are sadly mistaken," I believe you are sadly mistaken.
When Justice Scalia was appointed by Reagan to the Supreme Court and approved, he proved himself
to be a staunch believer in our constition. If a democrat is elected president, and appoints one or two liberal justices over the next four to eight years, I believe we will see a tremendous shift from Constitional and Biblical principals. The Supreme court in decision on legalizing abortion and gay marriages has turned the Words of God into a lie. I personally believe that Ted Cruz, who is opposed to abortions and defines marriage as the union of one man and one woman is the person who Chiistians should mobilize behind to elect as our next President.
Because life is best under sharia christian law? Remember, ISIS is also a religious based group.

For those "real" patriots, the flag in this picture is hung BACKWARDS....
Attached Thumbnails
Republican President-difference4.jpg  
 
Old 04-06-2016, 07:18 AM
 
787 posts, read 298,323 times
Reputation: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
I'm Sorry - but this is the Christianity forum. Please save your political rantings for the Politics forum.
NO, you are not sorry and NO you did not read the title of THIS thread.

Republican President

The title of the thread posed the question in the context of Christian ethics within the scope of a world view. You are entitled to disagree with my opinion, sir. On my part - your protest is not received.

My point was simply NOT Republican in nature, but a reflection on the political moral and ethical decay of the United States. If you don't like it, I suggest you run for office and straighten out the mess we are in, but do not presume to impress your version of tyranny here.

Our nation is in the midst of a cultural war which has transformed its values and deeds into something of which God cannot and does not approve. Neither does the community of nations approve of it (or do you want me to publish examples for you?). Not least of this is the denial of the sovereignty of God as well as human and national rights.

I don't think it's possible for anyone on any side of the political fence to remain neutral and NOT rant about their personal opinions. It's become that intense.

Do you prefer to sit on a fence and watch the show? American politics has never been a spectator sport.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
 
Old 04-06-2016, 07:28 AM
 
Location: Emmaus, PA
3,027 posts, read 2,066,783 times
Reputation: 2159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
NO, you are not sorry and NO you did not read the title of THIS thread.

Republican President

The title of the thread posed the question in the context of Christian ethics within the scope of a world view. You are entitled to disagree with my opinion, sir. On my part - your protest is not received.

My point was simply NOT Republican in nature, but a reflection on the political moral and ethical decay of the United States. If you don't like it, I suggest you run for office and straighten out the mess we are in, but do not presume to impress your version of tyranny here.

Our nation is in the midst of a cultural war which has transformed its values and deeds into something of which God cannot and does not approve. Neither does the community of nations approve of it (or do you want me to publish examples for you?). Not least of this is the denial of the sovereignty of God as well as human and national rights.

I don't think it's possible for anyone on any side of the political fence to remain neutral and NOT rant about their personal opinions. It's become that intense.

Do you prefer to sit on a fence and watch the show? American politics has never been a spectator sport.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
Don't lecture me about this thread. This is MY thread.
 
Old 04-06-2016, 07:42 AM
 
Location: GOVERNMENT of TRAITORS & NAZIS
20,606 posts, read 22,789,263 times
Reputation: 7635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
NO, you are not sorry and NO you did not read the title of THIS thread.

Republican President

The title of the thread posed the question in the context of Christian ethics within the scope of a world view. You are entitled to disagree with my opinion, sir. On my part - your protest is not received.

My point was simply NOT Republican in nature, but a reflection on the political moral and ethical decay of the United States. If you don't like it, I suggest you run for office and straighten out the mess we are in, but do not presume to impress your version of tyranny here.

Our nation is in the midst of a cultural war which has transformed its values and deeds into something of which God cannot and does not approve. Neither does the community of nations approve of it (or do you want me to publish examples for you?). Not least of this is the denial of the sovereignty of God as well as human and national rights.

I don't think it's possible for anyone on any side of the political fence to remain neutral and NOT rant about their personal opinions. It's become that intense.

Do you prefer to sit on a fence and watch the show? American politics has never been a spectator sport.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
EXAMPLES, please provide examples--if you can....our current president has the HIGHEST marks of any president in the past 30 years, whereas the conservative legislature has the LOWEST marks any HUMAN beings have ever had..

Again, if god did NOTHING about genocide against the indigenous people and slavery, He surely will NEVER be justified to do anything ever.

How dare you, sitting in that loft, removed from the mainstream, dare to speak for God...

He told me just yesterday once we are able to dismantle evangelicalism and fundamentalism, the world will actually be a really nice place...
 
Old 04-06-2016, 11:10 AM
 
Location: Emmaus, PA
3,027 posts, read 2,066,783 times
Reputation: 2159
When Jesus Christ returns to end WWIII and save what remains of this planet, conservative evangelicalism and fundamentalism will end and EVERY human being on this planet will live in peace for 1000 years, without hatred, bigotry, crime, murder, rape, wars, etc.


As far as the Republican candidates of 2016 are concerned, maybe someone can tell me which of them is the best Christian - Trump, Cruz, Kasich, or someone else?
What effect will that person's Christianity have on this country, considering that the Constitution prohibits religion as a basis for our laws?
 
Old 05-04-2016, 08:29 AM
 
Location: Emmaus, PA
3,027 posts, read 2,066,783 times
Reputation: 2159
It now looks like Donald Trump is going to be the Republican nominee for President. Ted Cruz has dropped out. Only Kohn Kasich remains.
I guess that in November, MANY Republicans will be saying what a great Christian Trump is - or maybe they will rationalize their vote for Trump be saying that he is a "better" Christian than Clinton. Oh Well.
 
Old 05-04-2016, 08:41 AM
 
19,952 posts, read 13,005,644 times
Reputation: 1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
YES- I'm looking for SOMEONE to tell me why there are so many people who NEED a Christian to be President - and the ONLY answers that I get are nothing more than BS.
Why can't he or she be Jewish, a Muslim, a Hindu, a Mormon, or even an atheist?
I know of a few people (not on this board) that say we need a Christian President. I think the reasoning is that we want one that will actually care what God things in regards to moral issues. It's not a horrible idea, as this next POTUS will likely appoint at least 2-3 SCOTUS justices. But I believe that is faulty reasoning, for the fact that Bush is an Evangelical Christian (most recent one I know of) and he made some bad decisions as leader of our country.

Having said that, I'll reiterate my position from earlier on this thread -- I want a POTUS that is willing to actually follow the rulebook -- the Constitution. Don't like it? Go through the process and change it. But don't ignore it or bend the rules to get your pet cause pushed in.


Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
It now looks like Donald Trump is going to be the Republican nominee for President. Ted Cruz has dropped out. Only Kohn Kasich remains.
I guess that in November, MANY Republicans will be saying what a great Christian Trump is - or maybe they will rationalize their vote for Trump be saying that he is a "better" Christian than Clinton. Oh Well.
At this point I know what Hillary will bring as President. She has clearly stated she will continue Obama's policies. I have some disagreements with those policies, and I believe they are unfriendly to things I value as a Christian. For that reason I really don't want her as President. I have no idea what kind of President Trump will be. I'm hoping he will go conservative, but I don't believe he will. I think he might be fiscally conservative, and morally moderate. I don't believe he will do anything about the moral issues that we face, and I'm nervous about the SCOTUS justices he'd appoint. But I have no reason to believe Hillary would be any better.
 
Old 05-04-2016, 08:51 AM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
26,293 posts, read 14,153,226 times
Reputation: 10132
Election day is judgment day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top