U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-05-2016, 04:42 AM
 
10,523 posts, read 4,151,710 times
Reputation: 1194

Advertisements

I had a choice.

vote same ol'- same ol' or a "sledge hammer" to break down this repub-demo wall.

to vote "for" these people is sick. We should start a vote "none of these" movement.

 
Old 05-05-2016, 05:41 AM
 
Location: Emmaus, PA
3,025 posts, read 2,063,843 times
Reputation: 2159
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Is Clinton a better Christian, in your opinion?
I don't care if Clinton is a Christian, Jew, Mormon, Muslim, Hindu, or even an atheist. As far as the U.S. Constitution is concerned, it doesn't matter in the slightest.
 
Old 05-05-2016, 08:41 AM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
26,249 posts, read 14,124,700 times
Reputation: 10119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
According to a former speaker of the house, Cruz is Lucifer. But now that he has dropped out you can vote for a "real" president who knows how to take care of his own money!

If the Donald wins the nomination, I will truly consider a safer country--like Indonesia.
You people act like the president is the king and does whatever he wants.

Obama was supposed to blow the country up seven years ago if you listened to all of the fear. We are still here by God's grace - and his party had control of the House and Senate for two years.

Trump ain't no different. There are still 535 other people in much of the decision making process.

The status of the country is - as it has always been - controlled by everyday people... in what we do, in how we behave with regards to God, and in how we vote.

So if you don't feel safe, it isn't because of Trump.

Besides - didn't you say you have health issues and are getting up there in age? You are not going anywhere. Relax and trust in the Lord.
 
Old 05-05-2016, 09:52 AM
Status: "Build the damn wall!" (set 13 days ago)
 
Location: The Haunted Mansion
15,208 posts, read 8,247,063 times
Reputation: 1547
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
I don't care if Clinton is a Christian, Jew, Mormon, Muslim, Hindu, or even an atheist. As far as the U.S. Constitution is concerned, it doesn't matter in the slightest.
Then why do you care about the Republican nominee's religion?
 
Old 05-05-2016, 11:39 AM
 
Location: Emmaus, PA
3,025 posts, read 2,063,843 times
Reputation: 2159
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Then why do you care about the Republican nominee's religion?
I don't but MOST Evangelicals do. They NEED to have a "Christian" President. In case you have forgotten, MANY Evangelicals wouldn't vote for Romney because he is a Mormon.
 
Old 05-05-2016, 01:22 PM
 
Location: Denver, CO
8,608 posts, read 5,125,761 times
Reputation: 3917
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
You people act like the president is the king and does whatever he wants.

Obama was supposed to blow the country up seven years ago if you listened to all of the fear. We are still here by God's grace - and his party had control of the House and Senate for two years.

Trump ain't no different. There are still 535 other people in much of the decision making process.

The status of the country is - as it has always been - controlled by everyday people... in what we do, in how we behave with regards to God, and in how we vote.

So if you don't feel safe, it isn't because of Trump.

Besides - didn't you say you have health issues and are getting up there in age? You are not going anywhere. Relax and trust in the Lord.
Wow! You DO have the ability to see the power of a metaphor!

Too bad you are unable to see the authors of Scripture doing exactly the same thing when expressing their faith.
 
Old 11-06-2016, 08:55 AM
 
786 posts, read 297,251 times
Reputation: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
I'm Sorry - but this is the Christianity forum. Please save your political rantings for the Politics forum.
The title of the thread is political. It asks a political question and because it is embedded in a Christian forum required a Christian view of the political spectrum. I gave a religious political answer to a political religious question.

It is not wrong for a Christian to express a political opinion.


If you don't like it, then post a good reason why. Simply telling someone to shut up and go elsewhere is tantamount to me telling you to go to hell.

Those who do not like a person's political religious point of view generally tell them to shut up, go elsewhere or leave the country. They do this because they lack the capacity to generate a logical well written argument against the position. They do it because they know the person making the assertion is right and they don't like it. They do it because they are mentally and morally deficient bullies. They do it because they can.

The thread asked a question about the Christian point of view regarding a future Republican president. My rebuttal is that the nation is so corrupt and so debauched that it simply doesn't matter who sits in the White House any more.

The nation is doomed. America is circling the drain of history. The end of our empire approaches. The only difference between leaders is how fast or slowly America's final descent into destruction will take.

God Himself is taking a hand at the disintegration of America. Judgment is coming and no prayer to the contrary will be heard in the halls of heaven. God will have mercy upon individuals who repent of their sin and humble themselves befor Him. God will not have mercy on America. God will curse this land, not bless it any more.

Judgment may be delayed that some may yet be saved, but in the end it is coming and it is coming hard. The first shofar has sounded.(*) Judgment is coming.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

(*) Go to YouTube and search "shofar in the sky"
 
Old 11-06-2016, 10:44 AM
 
16,096 posts, read 9,279,216 times
Reputation: 7190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post

The thread asked a question about the Christian point of view regarding a future Republican president. My rebuttal is that the nation is so corrupt and so debauched that it simply doesn't matter who sits in the White House any more.

The nation is doomed. America is circling the drain of history. The end of our empire approaches. The only difference between leaders is how fast or slowly America's final descent into destruction will take.

God Himself is taking a hand at the disintegration of America. Judgment is coming and no prayer to the contrary will be heard in the halls of heaven. God will have mercy upon individuals who repent of their sin and humble themselves befor Him. God will not have mercy on America. God will curse this land, not bless it any more.

Judgment may be delayed that some may yet be saved, but in the end it is coming and it is coming hard. The first shofar has sounded.(*) Judgment is coming.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
Satan is the Ruler of all Nations as all Nations are in rebellion against God. That is why we pray for God's Kingdom on earth as it is in heaven (Jesus own words) and in heaven it is a real ruler ship and it will be here as well. A vote for any candidate is a vote for Satan's rule. It won't change until: Dan 2:44.

The rock is on the way. We can see that man today is divided and the divide is getting worse and ... the Rock hits the feet which are of iron and clay and the two do not mix. The division is getting worse and the Rock is getting closer.
 
Old 11-06-2016, 01:55 PM
 
37,573 posts, read 25,268,086 times
Reputation: 5860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
The nation is doomed. America is circling the drain of history. The end of our empire approaches. The only difference between leaders is how fast or slowly America's final descent into destruction will take.
God Himself is taking a hand at the disintegration of America. Judgment is coming and no prayer to the contrary will be heard in the halls of heaven. God will have mercy upon individuals who repent of their sin and humble themselves befor Him. God will not have mercy on America. God will curse this land, not bless it any more.
Judgment may be delayed that some may yet be saved, but in the end it is coming and it is coming hard. The first shofar has sounded.(*) Judgment is coming.
and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
Thank you, Oh wonderful Ray of Sunshine!!! Your lot are quite disturbed.
 
Old 11-06-2016, 02:14 PM
 
Location: Booth Texas
13,333 posts, read 4,261,420 times
Reputation: 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Election day is judgment day.

A Trump will begin to sound as it gets louder and louder, and one hundred trumpets join in at the feast of Trumpets on the last Trump lol.


I saw as the burning Bush came, and even his son went up against Babylon in the days that the great towers of wealth and the money of all the kings of the earth had their economy brought down low. It tells an ancient story As Satan was walking with his third of heaven, there was the sound of glass cracking, as the crystal sea they were standing upon gave way and I heard the sound of many waters falling from heaven, and where there was two footprints, the Earth has now opened it's mouth to swallow the waters and they just disappear into the footprints. Not only had the economical Babylon fallen, but the literal land of Babylon itself was overrun in a day. There is only one Babylon left to fall.


When the nations came up to see the Temple of God, they stood in awe of the Two Towers which are Jachin and Boaz dressed in mirrors.


The two towers were the talk of all the gentiles saying,'' What are these two great towers of Mirrors?''


When one walks into the temple, he has to see the man of sin in the mirrors.


After the son of the Burning Bush came, then came the Obama nation and we don't even know what religion he is. He neither follows the ways of his fathers, or the ways of his adopted supposed Christian heritage.



LOL, I got so many conspiracy theories, I best stop.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 11-06-2016 at 02:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top