U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-25-2016, 05:49 PM
 
Location: On a road heaven bound !
10,290 posts, read 8,040,760 times
Reputation: 17783

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I want a president who believes this.

Psalm 111:10

10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom;
all who follow his precepts have good understanding.
To him belongs eternal praise.
Amen, Jimmy !!
Just to have a president with a conscience will suffice for me ! We live in such a "me" world anymore !

I believe and always have that the president we receive I believe whether ppl believe it or not will be elected and placed by God ! He will be a representation of what the heart of America is and has become !
Romans 13:1-7
1 Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God.
2 Therefore whoever resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves.
3 For rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior, but for evil. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same;
4 for it is a minister of God to you for good. But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for it does not bear the sword for nothing; for it is a minister of God, an avenger who brings wrath on the one who practices evil.
5 Therefore it is necessary to be in subjection, not only because of wrath, but also for conscience’ sake.
6 For because of this you also pay taxes, for rulers are servants of God, devoting themselves to this very thing.
7 Render to all what is due them: tax to whom tax is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honor to whom honor.

 
Old 02-25-2016, 07:37 PM
 
Location: Divided Tribes of America
12,913 posts, read 4,926,084 times
Reputation: 4984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Amen, Jimmy !!
Just to have a president with a conscience will suffice for me ! We live in such a "me" world anymore !

I believe and always have that the president we receive I believe whether ppl believe it or not will be elected and placed by God ! He will be a representation of what the heart of America is and has become !
Romans 13:1-7
1 Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God.
2 Therefore whoever resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves.
3 For rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior, but for evil. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same;
4 for it is a minister of God to you for good. But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for it does not bear the sword for nothing; for it is a minister of God, an avenger who brings wrath on the one who practices evil.
5 Therefore it is necessary to be in subjection, not only because of wrath, but also for conscience’ sake.
6 For because of this you also pay taxes, for rulers are servants of God, devoting themselves to this very thing.
7 Render to all what is due them: tax to whom tax is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honor to whom honor.
Unfortunately for you, the USA is still a democracy and not a theocracy.
 
Old 02-25-2016, 08:55 PM
 
1,286 posts, read 2,166,932 times
Reputation: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
I guess I just don't understand why a candidate HAS to state that he or she is a Christian when his or her religious beliefs are completely irrelevant to the job.
Completely irrelevant? Ever hear of Black Liberation Theology? That is how Barack Obama has ruled during his time. Discipled by Jeremiah Wright for 20 years, BHO has ruled in accordance with that theological mindset. All rulers, leaders, etc. rule based on their religious beliefs. All of them, without exception. The trick is electing one that understands the definition and restraints of their authority. CM quoted Romans 13. Look again at verses 3 and 4. They define and restrain authority. Not just government authority, but all authority in any time period. For that reason, a Christian president will leave me alone, lower my taxes, do away with any government agency for which there is no constitutional authority, and let the church get back to the business of being the church, rather than the pseudo-lobby it has become. Dept. of Education-gone. HUD-gone. he will also end the needless expeditionary warfare that this country has used to rule the world since those grand ol 1950s....The list goes on...
 
Old 02-25-2016, 09:27 PM
 
Location: Nanaimo, Canada
1,808 posts, read 1,519,717 times
Reputation: 962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
Completely irrelevant? Ever hear of Black Liberation Theology? That is how Barack Obama has ruled during his time. Discipled by Jeremiah Wright for 20 years, BHO has ruled in accordance with that theological mindset.
Eeehhhhaactually.....

Obama has publicly denounced Wright's remarks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremiah_Wright_controversy#Barack_Obama
 
Old 02-25-2016, 09:35 PM
 
Location: Dothan AL
1,450 posts, read 801,952 times
Reputation: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I want a president who believes this.

Psalm 111:10

10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom;
all who follow his precepts have good understanding.
To him belongs eternal praise.
I do not want any leader who puts lords, dukes, countesses, ladies, kings and queens over the people. Here, in America, the people rule under the law of the land, which is the Constitution,
 
Old 02-25-2016, 09:55 PM
Status: "Build the damn wall!" (set 6 days ago)
 
Location: The Haunted Mansion
15,144 posts, read 8,229,213 times
Reputation: 1544
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDocKat View Post
I do not want any leader who puts lords, dukes, countesses, ladies, kings and queens over the people. Here, in America, the people rule under the law of the land, which is the Constitution,
Big difference between lords, dukes, etc. and God.
 
Old 02-26-2016, 05:49 AM
 
Location: GOVERNMENT of TRAITORS & NAZIS
20,560 posts, read 22,721,792 times
Reputation: 7625
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Big difference between lords, dukes, etc. and God.
Really? The people who bow before royalty and do their bidding would differ...Especially since most royalty claims to speak for god..
 
Old 02-26-2016, 06:03 AM
 
Location: Emmaus, PA
3,020 posts, read 2,060,045 times
Reputation: 2154
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Not to me it isn't. It means he recognizes a higher authority.
It doesn't matter if he believes in a higher authority.
 
Old 02-26-2016, 06:11 AM
 
Location: Emmaus, PA
3,020 posts, read 2,060,045 times
Reputation: 2154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
Completely irrelevant? Ever hear of Black Liberation Theology? That is how Barack Obama has ruled during his time. Discipled by Jeremiah Wright for 20 years, BHO has ruled in accordance with that theological mindset. All rulers, leaders, etc. rule based on their religious beliefs. All of them, without exception. The trick is electing one that understands the definition and restraints of their authority. CM quoted Romans 13. Look again at verses 3 and 4. They define and restrain authority. Not just government authority, but all authority in any time period. For that reason, a Christian president will leave me alone, lower my taxes, do away with any government agency for which there is no constitutional authority, and let the church get back to the business of being the church, rather than the pseudo-lobby it has become. Dept. of Education-gone. HUD-gone. he will also end the needless expeditionary warfare that this country has used to rule the world since those grand ol 1950s....The list goes on...
As far as I know, EVERY President that this country has ever had has been a Christian.
Whether you know it or not, you are claiming that Democrats are evil, antichristians, while Republicans are Godly - and THAT is nonsense.
 
Old 02-26-2016, 06:18 AM
Status: "Build the damn wall!" (set 6 days ago)
 
Location: The Haunted Mansion
15,144 posts, read 8,229,213 times
Reputation: 1544
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
It doesn't matter if he believes in a higher authority.
It does to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top