Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2016, 06:52 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,045,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
I think his tactic is to keep asking the question until he gets the answer he wants.
YES- I'm looking for SOMEONE to tell me why there are so many people who NEED a Christian to be President - and the ONLY answers that I get are nothing more than BS.
Why can't he or she be Jewish, a Muslim, a Hindu, a Mormon, or even an atheist?

Last edited by John F S; 03-02-2016 at 07:06 AM..

Old 03-02-2016, 07:05 AM

Then again, maybe being a "Christian" isn't all that important any more. Apparently, quite a few Evangelicals voted for Donald Trump last night. He appears to be on his way to becoming the nominee.
In early March, it appears that Evangelicals will have 3 choices
1. Vote for Trump, with his multiple marriages.
2. Stay home on election day.
3. Vote for Clinton. Apparently, one Republican politician (Senator?) has threatened to vote for Clinton if Trump is the nominee.

Old 03-02-2016, 08:04 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
YES- I'm looking for SOMEONE to tell me why there are so many people who NEED a Christian to be President - and the ONLY answers that I get are nothing more than BS.
Why can't he or she be Jewish, a Muslim, a Hindu, a Mormon, or even an atheist?

Actually you are the only saying that.

Old 03-02-2016, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Actually you are the only saying that.
Why can't the President be Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, Mormon, or atheist?
It wouldn't make any difference.

Old 03-02-2016, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
Why can't the President be Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, Mormon, or atheist?
It wouldn't make any difference.
It wouldn't make any difference - how?

Old 03-02-2016, 09:00 AM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Since you're so convinced it would, imagine we had a Mormon President and that his political ideology and experience was exactly what you were looking for in a President. How do you think the country would be run differently than if he were an Evangelical Christian?

Old 03-02-2016, 09:03 AM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
I don't give Moderator cut: inappropriate what the President believes. I want first and foremost a President who can do something about this stupid party divisiveness in this country and get our Congress to work together for the good of the people. I want LEADERSHIP.

Old 03-02-2016, 09:15 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I don't give Moderator cut: inappropriate what the President believes. I want first and foremost a President who can do something about this stupid party divisiveness in this country and get our Congress to work together for the good of the people. I want LEADERSHIP.
YES..If I wanted a sermon, I would go to the Kingdom Hall...

Old 03-02-2016, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Since you're so convinced it would, imagine we had a Mormon President and that his political ideology and experience was exactly what you were looking for in a President. How do you think the country would be run differently than if he were an Evangelical Christian?
A true Christian has the Holy Spirit - which means he would have access to God for guidance. That could help him navigate around certain tough issues... that would give him a proper perspective of where he fits in the whole scheme of the world... he would be subject to God and not necessarily the opinions of others in every instance.

The presence of the Holy Spirit in him is the difference.

Old 03-02-2016, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Because the U.S. government is run on the doctrine of the separation of church and state. It would be illegal for a President to make religious laws. This is why virtually every time that an atheist sues the government about an issue - prayer in public schools, Nativity scenes on government property, same sex marriage, or whatever, they usually win.
A Jewish President can't make Jewish laws.
A Muslim President can't make Muslim laws - or have Sharia law, regardless of what paranoid people think.
A Buddhist President can't make Buddhist laws.
When JFK became President, he was unable to make Catholic laws.
If Mitt Romney had become President, he would have been unable to make Mormon laws.
If Barack Obama had actually been a Muslim, he would have been unable to make Muslim laws.
If Bernie Sanders became President, he would be unable to make Jewish laws.

If a Christian football player has the ability to say a prayer on the field, then so do Muslims, Buddhists, Jews, Mormons, or atheists. Don't be surprised, if one day, that becomes illegal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity