U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can you inadvertently worship other Gods or celebrate a pagan holidays you dont intend to worship or
Yes 6 30.00%
No 13 65.00%
Maybe 1 5.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 12:48 PM

4,221 posts, read 1,966,147 times

Advertisements

Only those that do the will of God can enter the kingdom of heaven. It is by ones words that one is saved. Anything else is forgiven if one does God's will in spirit and truth.

IE;

"Not everyone who cries to me Lord, Lord shall enter the kingdom of heaven but only those who do the will of my heavenly Father."

"By your words you'll be justified and by your words you'll be condemned."

"No one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and spirit."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2016, 12:58 PM

13,309 posts, read 4,257,663 times
''Depart from me, you workers of iniquity, you breakers of the law.''

But Jesus, what does it matter what we do with our hands, didn't we teach your name?

Old 02-26-2016, 01:04 PM

15,555 posts, read 7,013,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
The point IS, HE is G-D and HE gets to decide HOW AND WHEN HE wants to be worshipped, and spelled it out very plainly in His Word, which was then trashed by pagans and has been adopted into a culture for generations = traditions of men. And what does it say about traditions of men?

And if you read my previous post, once you know the TRUTH, you are accountable. And THAT is where the judging of the heart comes in at. Peace
This is the same G-D that laid out a system of sacrifice to be enforced "forever?"

Old 02-26-2016, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
This is the same G-D that laid out a system of sacrifice to be enforced "forever?"

Sacrifice never ended, YOU ARE THE SACRIFICE, you have to die daily and where there is laws of beasts, those beasts pertain to man.

1 Cor 9

8Say I these things as a man? or saith not the law the same also? 9For it is written in the law of Moses, Thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen? 10Or saith he it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written: that he that ploweth should plow in hope; and that he that thresheth in hope should be partaker of his hope.

Romans 12:1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view ...
... I plead with you therefore, brethren, by the compassionsof God, to present all your
faculties to Him as a living and holy sacrifice acceptable to Him. ...

Old 02-26-2016, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Sacrifice never ended, YOU ARE THE SACRIFICE, you have to die daily and where there is laws of beasts, those beasts pertain to man.

1 Cor 9

8Say I these things as a man? or saith not the law the same also? 9For it is written in the law of Moses, Thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen? 10Or saith he it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written: that he that ploweth should plow in hope; and that he that thresheth in hope should be partaker of his hope.

Romans 12:1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view ...
... I plead with you therefore, brethren, by the compassionsof God, to present all your
faculties to Him as a living and holy sacrifice acceptable to Him. ...
So, basically you are saying that the FORMS may not be applicable, but the SPIRIT is?

Where have I heard that before?

Old 02-26-2016, 01:28 PM

Quote:
So, basically you are saying that the FORMS may not be applicable, but the SPIRIT is?

I don't know what you mean by form, but I would say that every single law of Moses has an alternate meaning, a hidden meaning for those who find it.

The laws of slavery or not really about slavery, but they show a person who willingly becomes a slave for Christ and he doesn't want to leave his master's house.

So you offer him his freedom, and he says,'' I do not want to be free.''

So you take that slave and put him against the door and run a hole through his ear and put a golden earing in his ear so that all should know that the master offered him his freedom and he refused and now that Gold represents the voice of the master.

This is why Israel had to obtain those earrings because they had never been presented their freedom, and now those earrings symbolized the word of God in their ears, but they took them and melted them down to commit adultery, what they had done was to take the master's voice right from their ears.

The laws of marriage were not written for a man and a woman but for a submissive virgin who hears the will of her betrothed.

The laws of food are not about food although if one keeps them, things will go well, but it is not about food.

Old 02-26-2016, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I don't know what you mean by form, but I would say that every single law of Moses has an alternate meaning, a hidden meaning for those who find it.
What I mean by form is the practice detailed in the scripture. Whether there is a hidden meaning or not, that practice is detailed and some of the ones that were so instituted "forever" can't be done because there is no temple.

What is the result of that? Is that form important or not?

Old 02-26-2016, 03:04 PM

Quote:

Anyone who keeps the least of the laws and teaches others will be the greatest in the kingdom.

This I believe with all my heart because Jesus said it when he said he didn't come to abolish the laws and the laws are a culture and heritage for a tribal people just like any tribal people who have ancient ways and who love those ways BECAUSE, it is simply who they are.

Gentiles were given a break because it was no their culture and heritage but blessed is the gentile who keeps them anyway because what man wants a woman who does not willingly desire him in seeking him out?

The law is a marriage contract, not just a list of does and don't but it is a Ketubah and people would be wise to consider it as a marriage contract that leads to the knowledge of her betrothed.

When the council was formed decades after Jesus died, they decided to let gentiles out of a few laws, but it went without saying that the gentile had to keep moral and ethical laws, and it went without saying that they accepted the ways of God even if they didn't keep all the feast days or come to Jerusalem.

They were former pagans who had given up on all the ways of other Gods to believe in the Passover and the Shavuot and the Sukkot of God and no other God.

Jews had so many Sabbaths that they designed themselves and for a gentile to try to keep the myriads of Holy days the Jews kept would have been silly, but they did accept the feasts of Christ the very thing they claimed salvation from, the very thing the spirit came from.

But Jews have way more Sabbaths than most gentiles realize.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 02-26-2016 at 03:17 PM..

Old 02-26-2016, 03:54 PM

I knew a woman once, by flesh or spirit I could not tell.

We were married.

I showed up as the worst betrothed there ever was and I am so ashamed. I didn't wear the best clothes, didn't make a big deal about it, and it was only when we were standing before the throne that I had realized what I had done and became angry at her because she did not tell me.
Time went by and I didn't even know it was our wedding anniversary and I saw just how much a fool I was twice and I saw the hurtful look in her eyes because I did not know the days.

Fortunately, she and I were born on the same day.

A beloved bridegroom came and he died so that a bride could be taken from his own body and this is the water and blood that spills out on Sukkot when a marriage procession ensues and the bride circles the alter 7 times.
The great Hosannah.

A bridegroom came and gave his own body so that a bride would come from him, and he has betrothed his loved ones to him as true divine loves. His bride wait each visitation day of her beloved and she cannot wait and he will not disappoint her. Her days have been appointed and the groom has already come, he has already come. The groom goes out to prepare a place for his bride and she has not even known him yet, but she waits upon her husband on his promised days, but nobody knows when the groom will really come back, but she waits.

Her days are appointed, a grand marriage where the whole world will be witness to.

She knows the days, she knows the promises of her beloved, she knows when her own appointed wedding banquet is because what bride would not know the appointed marital promises made to her by her beloved? The groom has come and fulfilled the promises made to the bride and goes off to build their house.

Half the work is done and now we just wait to be married legally, we wait for the banquet and the consummation and the birth of a new child and his circumcision.

All these promises from the bridegroom to the bride all have appointed days just as any marriage has it's appointed days.

I think God made woman to be so emotionally wrapped up in days concerning her and her husband because they are sure important to a woman and each man born should be raised and taught to make his wife happy cause most of us lugs don't have a clue.

The bridegroom will come and his brides will be waiting and expecting on her own appointed days. Then the groom will say,'' What the heck, where are the rest of my ten women? Do they not know the comings and goings of their own groom?''

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 02-26-2016 at 04:03 PM..

Old 02-26-2016, 04:04 PM

That's why I would say,'' Go to your Christmas party and don't offend your family.''

But whatever you do, learn the 7 feasts of Jesus so that you will know the 8th, and the comings and goings of your own bridegroom and his missions which are promises to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or